72 coaches online • Server time: 19:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Quitting Fumbbl - have you ever tried?
I have never tried to quit
34%
 34%  [ 24 ]
I thought about quitting, but never actually tried
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I tried once, but as is obvious, I'm still here
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I tried to quit numerous times, deleting all my teams, only to find myself creating new ones a ½ hour later
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I will quit now, goodbye
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Quitting Fumbbl? You should be slapped!
39%
 39%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 69

Sorni

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading several of the posts in the thread "Personals Section" (notably Dropdeadfred's) inspired me to post this poll.

My own personal experience had an influence too.

Let's see how many hopelessly addicted bowlers are here.

Obviously it wouldn't make much sense to add an option like "I succesfully quit Fumbbl", which there are surely several cases of (the oldtimers still here can probably affirm this).
Sorni

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

To add to the fun, let's have a little competition: Who can, truthfully, say that they hold the record (possible entry into the Encyclopedia_Splutticus?) for most (failed) attempts to get out, before becoming so much of addict that you find yourself calculating tackle zones as you move around your living room? (Like say, if your girlfriend's family is visiting, and you wanna go to the kitchen, it'd be a matter of multiple tacklezones, very hard to dodge. Or if you're drunk, calculating very basic tacklezones posed by furniture.)

I have, so far, attemted twice, the first lasting 4 days I think, the second lasting... well, not that long (but it included a massive deleting of teams) Smile
Tymless

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorni, calculating tackle zones in the living room to get to the kitchen just makes you a sick man. Instead of leaving all you have to do is call the psych ward and you will get a vacation from fumbbl for at least a few weeks.

Edit: of course I have the knowledge that I couldnt quit if I wanted to. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by Tymless on %b %15, %2004 - %15:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i have more or less allrdy quit the game, ive started playing eq2 and it kinda takes all my online time, but i still play matches in a few cups and leagues.
Sorni

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote from Tymless's info-page "[I am] just another obsessed Blood Bowl player". Smile
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a few conversations recently with coaches who are annoyed and threatening to quit and my advice is always the same:
1) Dont deleate your teams..... you may change your mind after a good nights sleep. just walk away and know that you can come back.
2) If its bad luck/player loss thats getting to you then try just playing a fun stunty team for a while. its the best thing for fumbbl stress. you wont care how often they go splat.
3) download some amusing sounds to replace the fumbbl ones. this helps you to laugh when things go wrong
and... most importantly....
4) dont tell everyone that youre leaving or as Dropdeadfred will tell you we will take the p*** out of you when you come back the next day Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody likes a quitter.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose that would explain why there almost a majority who have opted for the last answer (which includes slapping someone who, mind you, is just the messenger Smile )
Let's hear Dropdeadfred's take on this issue. Or someone equally cool.

EDIT: Or someone who will contest my record!
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
dont tell everyone that youre leaving or as Dropdeadfred will tell you we will take the p*** out of you when you come back the next day

too right, melodramatics = pisstaking
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

We all get frustrated and we all have times when we think weve rolled nothing but 1's. Agood coach sits down and tries to work out where he is going wrong cuz most of the time your "bad luck" is down to bad play

Post 16 Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've simply downscaled the number of games I play... I'm seeing out a few of the tournaments I'm in (I hate it when people quit mid-tournament... I'm still in a tournament that I've lost all but 1 game in so far, and I still arrange matches even though I want to play EQ2 and not play this anymore!)... especially as EQ2, which I'm currently playing, seems to absorb a lot of time!!...

That is no dis-respect to FUMBBL and Blood Bowl... it is a superb setup, and a game I would recommend to anyone!
Sorni

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I should have added an option to the poll along the lines of "I pratically quit fumbbl, but only because another online game took all my time".

Anyhoo: the poll sofar reveals that a majority would prefer to have me slapped whereas close the the same percentage of people have never considered quitting.

Interestingly enough, more than one have checked all options. Including 4 who apperently decided to call quits as the answered the poll Smile (no-one really believes them though, except maybe one guy, VinnieSpleenSmasher, whom I beat severely in a stunty game today. Take care Vinnie, hope you'll be back for a rematch some day.)
 Jump to: