36 coaches online • Server time: 09:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are Ogres a broken team? Consider LONG TERM
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 96 ]
no
42%
 42%  [ 72 ]
Total Votes : 168

thesquig

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no, but after thinkin about it I mean yes. At tr100 they suck, they have only a few ogre and low RRs. At high TR they even give Khemri a good pasting. I rarely play khemri in ranked and I would hardly ever play ogres at a high TR. Theres just no point building a team to have it smashed up.

Its a fair arguement to say that you will have lots of blodge, but not all teams can have that. From an undead perpective they scare the heck out of me.

gken1

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:

Have a look at http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=255137#255137
to read about why FUMBBL data are difficult to use to evaluate the Ogre team.

yeah cuz no one will play them
Smess

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played quite a few ogre teams, mostly ones with general acces even, won most of the times. Even with all their strenght they are still quite easy to beat with fast team, bashers will have a more difficult time.
With elves you can just dodge away, run around them or leap, make use of some boneheads and get behind their line and get away with the ball
Don't forget ogres are a notoriously slow team
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

gierks15, if you have a new Ogre team I'll play you. It's like a guaranteed win!! Kill a few gobbo's, Ogres can't score. Could they get scary? yes. But aging and accidental death happens. I'm pretty new, so I gotta ask, has anyone ever encountered a team of all Ogres, without issues in numbers or niggles?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

man all these people willing to play ogres....where are u guys when I'm at home Smile

Macavity when I see u online, I'd like to play your humans vs my ogres. I'd like to playtest to see how humies do against these buggers.
Smess

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Last game vs ogres my humans whopped them 4-0
Getting the ref and fouling like a madman had nothin to do about it Smile
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are just a pile of dung, unless they make miracle ogre to ogre long bombs, which they did in a game vs my darkies.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=589921

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

actually it was 3-0 and the old get the ref.... it probably wouldn't have changed much but it could have....
Superstar

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

if i choose broken team, i mean they will suck in the long run right?
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the ogre team roster needs some refactoring. But that's not the first roster where that was the case.
I suppose the rules became official to enlarge the sells of the new miniatures.

Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i voted yes, but only 5 games under my belt with the current ogre version, even with 1 rr this team is good, but it depends if you are playing to win, or playing not to lose, ogres can kill the ball easily , by sticking 4 of them round it, maybe i am mistaken, maybe i am not, but i know i will be using them at some NAF tournies next year

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think they are broken. A block against an opposing player without block, while your player has that skill is a valid option for crucial blitzes (2 dice defender's choice: 11/36 chance of falling over and 19/36 chance of putting the defender down). Putting down a blodger without tackle is harder even if you have two dice your choice. And about those long term prospects of 11 ogres on the field...I haven't seen one of these teams around. Someone please show us this roster so we can see whether this is a realistic long term development, or a long term fantasy. I'd say don't bring a bashing game to ugly bashers and wait for a gap to open up Smile in their line. Just my two. Not really worth discussing though since some ppl will always say they're broken and nothing will change their mind.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

roll 10+ 10+ 4+ a lot and any ogre team is broken fast :-O

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think they're broken. Sure they could get scary with lots of doubles, but that's no different than a chaos team with loads of claw/RSC. Just have to exploit their failed BH rolls, they are after all very unreliable with BH and no block.

Pelzmuff: 16/36 to push defender back and 9/36 to knock them down, but still decent odds if you need a push.
Slick

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can tell playing Ogres is not a big deal. I played a team that was superior in tr/str by ten with my orcs and they barely beat me when they got super lucky and scored. Orcs 132 0/0/0 0 - 1 Ogres 151 2/0/0. Don't fear the reaper is what I say.