58 coaches online • Server time: 21:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Was this fair to be called a cherrypicker?
Fair game
19%
 19%  [ 17 ]
Not a fair match up
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Fair game but not fair to call "cherrypicker"
41%
 41%  [ 36 ]
Not fair match up nor to be called "cherrypicker"
12%
 12%  [ 11 ]
The cherrypicker is the one who offered
20%
 20%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 87

paradocks

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course.... no-one plays fair games in ranked....
Bruno

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I play anything besides Factions and tournaments in unranked, but I think I would have turned this game down for the simple fact that he is a member of the Nurgle Clan.

I dont mind playing bashy teams whose streategy it is to remove my players from the pitch so they can score. (Im sure some bashy coach will dig in my past now...)
But it is kind of strange to play a team who removes my players to score points (yes yes, you got to win to score big etc etc)
MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh. Now I understand where Peterdj was coming from. I thought he meant my LAST 27 games - I did not realise he meant the 27 games my necro have played! Stupid really - I suppose it was obvious.

Well one thing is true - and I am honest, my necro dont tend to play teams that are full of ST4´s with big-guys due to the fact I dont skill them up with guard. Therefore I decide to play a more moving/passing game with them - I enjoy the speed of them.

However, my LAST 30 games you can see I clearly play many bashy teams- lots of orcs and dwarves, you can see there are kaso and kaos dwarves etc. Also I play a varied amount fo coaches - some very good ones and others not so higly ranked - but just looking at my history shows that. I enjoy a game vs anyone or anything - so long as I think my team has a chance and I believe it to be fair. I would not condemn anyone for turning me down if they say - well most of your team has tackle and that would cripple my elves - I think fair play - it would (most probably)be a slaughter.

From reading the comments and opinions from this thread it is one thing that I have clear - that each individual has the right to play who they want - and no matter if a team has the same TR/ST - that is not to say that it is a good match up. I have had coaches ask me - do I foul? Yes I do. They have then said well I dont like playing those who foul. Fine ok - I say g´luck to them. I laugh to myself as I find that funny - but I respect their decision.

Thnx nazerdemus for showing me what Peterdj was on about - I thought he had smoked crack or something.hehe