52 coaches online • Server time: 18:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Round 1 is Due 24 January</b>

And this includes the Premier League!

Obviously the playoffs were not what people wanted and hence they have been killed off...

Which means, the SWL Season 7 Champion is the <b>Southside Stone Smashers</b>.

Congrats Sandune... Smile
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of which... some of y'all may have noticed that good old Twahn is getting more and more distant from the day to day affairs of the SWL of late... chatting less, knowing less, doing less, being less...
Some may have understandably just assumed that the all knowing Twahn had loftier things on his mighty mind, but alas those who did are too kind.

The simple truth is that I just don't have the time any more. You've heard it from others and you'll hear it again I'm sure. Real life has got me and I don't think I'm going to escape from it this time...

I really should have said all this before the start of Season 8 and let poor Clay off having to either make me a bye round or else substitute a new player in to the Premier, but I have been foolishly dreaming that I could keep it up. But I can't. I hate not being able to give the SWL the fluff filled and dedicated attention that I used to and that it deserves and which makes it easily the best structured league in all of FUMBBL. If I tried to shuffle along and get gams in this season, I think I'd just end up disappointing people and making a mess of things.

So... The SWL is a beautiful beautiful thing. Brings a tear to my eye truly. A big thanks to everyone who has made it what it is today and most especially to Clay, who has really made it his own as I've started to fade and has done a damn better job than I ever did at it! Smile

I'm hoping to be back for Season 9 and I'll continue to play games with Crawl in the Swamp whenever I get the chance. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve yet and I'm gonna see if I can't shake this Real Life once and for all this time!! Wink

Ummm... look after her for me.

Ciao Belli!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry to see ya fade away dude.... 3 cheers for twahn....
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

HIP HIP HOORAY!
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hip Hip Hooray!
andycapp

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure you can't just scratch to fit the games in this season Twahn?
Well, congrats with having a real life anyways.
I hope to see you in here again soon.
A huge congrats on getting this league up and running - thanks for all the fun.
cheers, andycapp.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget ye toothbrush Twahn!

Hope to see you around from time to time.

Premier Teams - Twahnlow's!

Don't forget to vote for the twahnlow after each match.

1) Opponents vote three standout players on the opposing team 3-2-1 points in order of merit. This can be decided on mutually if you both wish.
2) Details are added in the match reports after every match.
3) Mr T (Toonie) will act as an unbiased arbitrator. If there is any serious complaints about unwarranted awarding of points, contact (or bribe!) Toonie and he'll review the replay to decide if the points should be reawarded.

Many kudos to Toonie for filling Mr T's boots!

Enjoy the season!

Snorri.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Did Elan put you up to this Twahn? Did he?? DID HE???
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn,

Sorry to hear this... as the founder of the idea 12-18mths ago, it is a sad day when the dreaded RL (tm) takes its toll...

I'll take over mate, but you're always welcome back...

On that note as well, I do believe we need some more admin assistance... the job spec includes wielding an axe weekly, sorting out differences between coaches, ad-hoc judgement calls on rules, and a say in how the league is structured from season to season...

If you would like to be a part of the running of the league, please send me a PM. At this stage, I think we need two bodies to be on hand for this job...

Cheers,
Clay
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Re the admin spots...

I have been swamped with a fair number of PM's... great to see so many people putting their hand up! Smile

It seems Snorri was given admin rights already by Twahn, which is a good thing, so you can now consider Snorri one of the admins... congrats mate!

I think we need another person, so I will sift thru the names and try to catch people in #swl about it.

Thanks again.

C
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and another thing...

Carlton United will remain in the Premier, but will effectively be a BYE.

Sorry for Sandune who again goes matchless!!!
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sandune has seriously gotten the shaft.....thou he his a kiwi, thus making him a 2nd class citizen
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The other admin bod has been selected and congrats to <b>Toonie</b> who i think shall do a fine job.

Thanks to the seven (?) of you who put your hands up, it was hard to pick one... but we cant have too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak...

So from now on, if you have team issues, suggestions, complaints, ideas etc etc, Toonie is there to help.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

And don't forget to download and use the new LoonyToon sound pack available in the download department today! I hear it may soon be the "official" sound pack of the SWL Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

just a quick shout out to Volcom. Where are you man? I've pm'ed you twice now and response... hit me back if you read this and lets organise a game.
 Jump to: