32 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Gentlemen
I'm putting together some more fluff for SWL and would like to hear of any players (PM me a link to the player) who could challenge for the following records

Individual Most Career Comps,TDs INT CAS SPPs in SWL (and Qpool counts as it is too time consuming to eliminate it)
Individual Single Game most Comps, TDs INTs CAS SPPs

Just PM me the players link and a short note about which record.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Theopacman, you're a legend! Full marks for trying to get this together... I will scour my team lists and see what I have... A few Donuts may be in there as well!
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a forum thread called SWL Records

have a look and see if you havve any challengers

I'll do a better presentation when we get closer to finalising the record holders
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity, when will the first round deadlines be imposed?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

as per the chat, deadline is the 24th.

ie this Monday night
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The Twahnlow Ladder is now up and going for season 8!

PM me if something appears amiss or it doesn't show up well on your browser/monitor and I'll get Bob to kick it. Should fix it.

For those of you who are new, please make sure you give new players in your team unique names (adding a number after the name will suffice - e.g. retire "Kami" because he has a niggle, and hire a new gobbo called "Kami II" if you dont wish to use a completely new name).

If this isn't done, the database cannot distinguish between the former and the new player in the current season. Players found stealing the names of former champions will be barred from receiving twahnlow awards!

Also please refrain from overusing the update ladder function on the stats page (note also that it takes a few seconds to relay feedback to your screen, so dont spam it!). It will automatically update itself every 15mins.

Cheers,
Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>League News</b>

After each season we deliberate on having a rest, or run a picnic or something else to break the seasons up, give a rest to those that want it etc etc.

None of these have met with great success and the league tends to lose momentum at the end of each season...

Well from now on, starting at the end of Season 8, the SWL will have an official "Off Season" of one month.

In this month, <b>every</b> SWL team (Premier, Conf and QPool) will be entered into a QPool style Open Round Robin. This one month period, coaches will be able to rest, cherry pick, play elf-bowl, maim, destroy and anything else you feel necessary against any other SWL team.

This off season will a) allow coaches to earn a bit of extra cash to retire nigglers, b) play nothing and have a month off, c) play both your qpool and league teams against other coaches to determine which one will play in the following season.

It means that keen coaches can play as many games as they want amongst the SWL fraternity or those that like to play a bit of ranked with no real league pressure can do that as well.

This idea was first raised by Chunky, so some sort of naming rights will be awarded to him at a later date... Smile
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

An interesting addition would be that the team can't finish the offseason with more than 20 tr higher than it atarted......to stop teams becoming too good by playing lots of offseason games and allows the qpool teams making their jump up to conferences a tr of 200
This would still allow teams to play lots of games if they like to rebuild retiring nigglers etc....
but not overly advantage those that play more than others
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2005 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

TWAHN if you read this the Ancients would love to finally fulfill their quest and play Carlton United this Off season Smile
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I am back Smile

If you know Mijjy, could you please let him know that I play him tomorrow evening.

Cheers
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Round 1 Extensions</b>

<b>Maniac Mammallians II vs Metibe</b> and <b>Horny Toads vs Form Guide</b> have been granted 24 hr extensions.

A couple of other games were forfeited... but we've had worse.

We now move into the week to week schedule, so Round 2 is due next Monday evening!

Also, welcome to foolwholaughsatdeath who continues our Asian expansion with representation from Thailand!

Fool is an ex-pat American living in Thailand, but that still makes him eligible...

We now have 3 (??) ex-pat Americans on board....

Smile
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings!

Sllightly OT, But i was wondering if any Melbournians would be interested in a Game of WHFB? Or even 40k. Any Points limit up to about 3000, and if you don't have an army i'm sure i can lend you one of mine. PM me or Talk to me on IRC if your interested.

Brad
Satans_mechanic

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mentioned it in chat put may as well make it an official suggestion

Lets call the end of season melee the Chunkathon Razz
Wether it's from tearing strips off of each other or to much to drink at the end of season party, their be plenty of chunks in the Chunkathon

Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

4 out of 16 Conference games were forfeited, I think it must be time to post this again.

chunky04 wrote:
Seeing as how there are people who seem to struggle with the idea of getting there tourney games played within the timeframe, here's a handy guide:

1) The minute you find out who your opponent is, PM them with your available times to play, and ask for theirs.

2) Check your own PM's for similar messages from your opponent.

3) Once they PM you back, organise a time for the game. Preferably the earliest one possible, as shit does happen, and that will leave you with more time to arrange an alternate.

4) Should that time not work out for whatever reason, go for the next soonest that works, and try again. Repeat until game is played.

WAYS TO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME:

- Just hope to bump into your opponent on IRC at some stage

- Never actually entering the #swl channel

- Only PMing your opponent a couple of days before the deadline

- Not checking your PM's

Now if only the majority of the repeat offenders actually bothered to read this forum, they might actually find this useful.

Chunky's Guide to Getting your Bloody Games done! from the Season 6 thread.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2005 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

and i would also remind all that should you have scheduling difficulties, let the admins know at swladmin@hotmail.com
 Jump to: