41 coaches online • Server time: 17:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Math?goto Post Vamps win another ma...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see anything except for removal of Thick Skull as viable. Nurglings are slightly too good, but loss of either Regen or General Access on Beasts would make the team unplayable.

/johan

(Of course, loss of General Access on Big Guys would fix pretty much all the problems plaguing Stunty...)

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally don't see a good rationale for changing Nurglings. If it is because they win 43% of the time, why aren't we addressing Pygmies, who win 46% of the time?

Nurglings are both difficult to play with and against, but I think they're great the way they are. If for some reason something *must* be changed, I suppose loss of Thick Skull would make the most sense.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I guess it's all been said here before. In the beginning they can hardly play ball and need to just bash their way through. But after a few mutations, the nurgs should have atleast 1 big hand, which means they can play the ball and bash their way through fairly easily. Just tie the other guys up with a few sacrifices, your own beasts will basically get to block every turn because of tentacles (with multiple block more than that), and add a few odd blitzes with nurglings. If both teams' big guys get to block the oppos stunties every turn, I'd say on average, AV7, regen, and thick skull will make sure you have more players standing in the end.

I'd say lose thick skull, that will give people the chance to clear the field atleast a bit better. Losing regen wouldn't fit the team. Besides, my way of playing against nurgs is to get the beast down and foul it, at some point the regen will fail. Don't remove G access from beasts, that would leave them too vulnerable to their arch enemies, the blitzing minos which get the 2d blocks rather easily on them.

Just wondering, is there anyway of comparing the teams stats after changes have taken place?
olivers

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

nurglings are balanced as they only have ag2, leave them alone.
Captain1821

Post 8 Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like that many people posted without reading my post.

Please read it and see why they must not be changed!!!

The guy that created nurglins in the first place, did a very good work because Nurglings are balanced!!!

Do not manipulate that great work, because the only thing you can achive by doing so, is to destroy that team!!!

Nurglins are around for too long and they proved that they don't need any changes!

LEAVE THEM ALONE AND TRY TO BALANCE THE NEW STUNTY TEAMS BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE RUBBISH!!!
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I read your post. It screamed 'I like playing nurglings, please dont change the team I love', although I noticed you dont have any. I would say they need changing because its easier to weaken the few teams that are strong, then to strengthen the many teams that are weak but thats just my opinion.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Look I would love too see nurgles balanced. But Thick skull makes them unique and so does Regen (however that combo also appears on the flesh Golems and it is mighty tough). How about this we lower the nurglings av to 6. This will make it easier to get them off the field so that they stop assisting the beasts.

The only other alternative I can think is to restrict the access on Physical skills a bit. Perhaps only allow four nurglings with it (as once you get big hand you do seem to be able to score allot easier.)
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

av to 6 could work, not sure that regen makes them unique, strigs and snots have it and Gnomes have thick skull so not really unique either.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thick Skull isn't that unique in Stunty, Gnome teams and Snotling teams have Thick skull on their players too.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... maybe dropping them down to av6, but leaving regen and thick skull? It would mean that they are slightly easier to stun, but the rest of the ratios stay the same...

Z
Captain1821

Post 4 Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey wrote:
I read your post. It screamed 'I like playing nurglings, please dont change the team I love', although I noticed you dont have any. I would say they need changing because its easier to weaken the few teams that are strong, then to strengthen the many teams that are weak but thats just my opinion.

You read my post and your only conclusion was that I love playing nurglings!
What the f*ck! Are you completely stupid?

Then you check my teams and you see that I don't play nurglings at S. Nevertheless you post that crap!
You are completely stupid after all!

Once I asked you nicely to be more friendly next time you will say something to me. And the very next time you post a crap. If you do this again, I will remain to your level.

If Nurglings were my favorite team and I was thinking with that crapy way, I would be at the party of those that want to make Nurglings stronger.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain, cease your hostilities. Your posts DO come across as a love story for the Nurglings. No need to start abusing someone on a personal level in a public forum.

As for reading someone's posts, did you read his?

Quote:

He said it looks like that, but he noticed you don't have any. If you wish to curse him, do it in PM or private chat. This thread is simply for fixing Nurglings. You made your opinion, and it was heard. Unless you have new input on the matter, cease your badgering and move along. Simply cursing out someone who was making a point simply negates any efforts you might have had expended into proving yours.

Z
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

AlcingRagaholic, right now you are argueing with me but you are doing it in a very civilized way.

He didn't do the same. His message is abusing. He implies that I post here for my own benefit.

I post here because my experience on Nurglings comes from the many games I play against Nurglings.

As said above, this is his second abusive message against me and the first time I asked from him nicely to be more friendly.

Oh, by the way, you are off topic.

p.s.
I haven't seen yet that "cease your badgering and move along", but I'll see it in the future, if you post something so hostile for me again. Smile
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hostile? I am trying to civilize the topic by letting the people who have agendas other than the fixing of the Nurglings out. That was the point of my earlier post, and now this one as well. No one is being hostile to you. You perceive our words as such. What is there for us to be hostile about? You are presenting an opinion, as are we. The only difference is that you are taking our opinions and reprimanding us for them with no reason or justification, or for that matter, any power behind those reprimands.

All I'm saying is, we've heard your opinions, let the others spout theirs. We get the idea: You don't play nurglings, but you think they are good as they are. Good. We get it. Peikko has probably read it, and noted it for the future. So, stop being hostile for no reason.

You say that LT was suggesting you were posting for your own benefit, though he clearly states that he DID notice you didn't have any, and was wondering why you were being so emphatic about your liking of the Nurgling team. It was a common reaction... I thought the same.

If you think he is being abusive to you, report it to the admins. They will deem the situation as they see fit, and punish the wrong-doers accordingly. Vigilante justice is not done on these forums.

Which is why I am trying to smooth over the matter before this thread gets locked for being off topic.

So, to make sure this stays on topic:

Captain1821 thinks that the Nurglings are good as they are.
LtMonkey likes the random mutation idea, but fears it's implementation will be nigh impossible.
I think that dropping them back down to av6 will leave them as unique as they can be as a fling-offshoot team.

Z
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is the language barrier. If noone was hostile, then you have my apologies.