73 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
boneraven

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You can see the logos in game though, do you mean you can't see them in the team profile? I've tried adding profiles to my teams but it invariably gets them killed! Not superstitious at all me..

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Skeloboy wrote:
So you're a satanist when you listen to black metal? What a dumb generelization

I do absolutely nothing superstitious. Actually I find it kind a stupid.

But every people has their own way of doing things and I respect that

HAHAHAHA! That was funny!
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Your average Satanist listens to Cher or Bryan Adams , Black metals for people who cant be bothered to worship anything
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

boneraven wrote:
You can see the logos in game though, do you mean you can't see them in the team profile? I've tried adding profiles to my teams but it invariably gets them killed! Not superstitious at all me..

When I finally put a bio onto a team I know they will lose there next 3 games at least , if you dont think your teams ready for this just open the bio and put a dot and save it
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
Your average Satanist listens to Cher or Bryan Adams , Black metals for people who cant be bothered to worship anything

"Reality is for people who canĀ“t handle drugs"
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink

im a christian yet i listen to rage against the machine... but i dont dress in black... except when i look at my clotehes in the dark! Wink

my grandad was probably the most superstitious person ever. he had a big farm and one massive field, which was usually cut for silage. there was a big oak tree in the middle, and my dad always wanted to cut it down as we could get a bit more grass from it if we did, but grandad always said "over my dead body". anyway the tree stayed and grandad died, that week, there was a thunderstrom and when my dad went out to the field the tree was totally uprooted! was strange as my grandad was totally against the tree going over while he was alive. i think it may have been an ancient fort

we also had a field that was never ploughed, when it was ploughed, shields and swords were turning up, and someone that we knew would become very ill every time it was ploughed.

also, one of our houses was haunted too, doors opening and closing, hearing footsteps in the snow, but no visible sign of them, the house was built over an old house. then my dad sold it to an old partially deaf man! Wink

me, im not superstitious, but i do believe in ghosts and spirits even tho im a solid christian. we arent all bible bashing southern americans Wink some of us are ok Wink
origami

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Wink
me, im not superstitious, but i do believe in ghosts and spirits even tho im a solid christian. we arent all bible bashing southern americans Wink some of us are ok Wink

You are right, I would never be caught Bible bashing - probably get a lightning bolt straight from heaven if I tried it. Now, Bible thumping is another thing altogether - good clean fun that is. Wink

I don't have any superstitious rituals that I perform, however, whenever I have a good game with one of my fragile teams (elves, rats), I fully expect to get crunched in my next game. Elves being what they are, my expectations are often met.
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would expect the average Dane Skeloboy to understand irony...
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i wear a dress when i play for good luck
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if it counts for superstition but whenever I press "yes" on the apothecary question I wait for just the right moment, knowing that my timing will ultimately mean life or death for my player (because of me changing the random seed) and then if it fails I curse myself for not just clicking yes right away! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Before rerolling anything, I always click away from either the window or the RR counter (in the case of a block). On the dialogue box, usually. Sometimes on the field. Anything to take the focus off the roll for a moment before going ahead and clicking it.

My left-brain says that this is totally pointless and a (small) waste of time. My right-brain says that if I don't, I'll reroll another 1 or more skulls. I have no clue why.

... Stupid right-brain...

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

How many heads you have BadMrMojo?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a lucky 5 year old who rolls lots of pows. However, he rolls age like a monster.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I really need a roll to go my way I take out the "little die of Doom" Smile .
An old worn out wooden die where you can hardly see the numbers, use it a little and you wil get a lot of 5's and 6's. Use it a whole game and it will give loads of 1's Smile
It works best in Necromunda and BB, in 40k its not trusworthy Smile

Then we had a guy at my club that could give you bad rolls by just standing near the table, and that is true. He is one of the worst rollers I've ever seen.

Another thing, remaining optimistic and don't expect to much out of the dice, usually makes you roll better.

All of this is of course utter crap and pure nonsense but it seem to work so .)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
How many heads you have BadMrMojo?

Three obviously. Two pink and one blue. Sheesh. It's right there under my name...

Jump to: