38 coaches online • Server time: 15:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering, if people would be interested in playing TR100 tourneys. Every season you would start with a new TR100 team. I'm not really sure if people would be interested in this, I would. If the season is not too long, you shouldn't have any problems with letting the team go after the season, because they shouldn't be that developed yet, and creating a new one. And ofcourse people who had taken part in the previous season, would be allowed to join the next season (with new TR100 teams).

Any comments on the idea?

I thought that depending on the amount of people, it would be either a round robin (if not that many people taking part), or a KO tourney (if there are many people joining).

Interested people atm, it still doesn't mean they will be playing, but interested (in bold if team allready submitted or participation confirmed):
Odi
Captain1821
Tinkywinky
Cirion
Shinan
petsku
ChrisB
Askrum
peikko
Janzki
Ebenezer
Kharnath
Webbe
Flaymin
Bascrebolder
*savsta Retired his team after 2 losses, permanent ban to the tourney
Bluetooth * Brought in to replace Savsta

Just made the group page, feel free to submit your teams. But remember to post in this thread too, because the free slots are distributed on first come first served basis.

Last edited by odi on %b %22, %2005 - %11:%Feb; edited 19 times in total
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that kind of tourneys

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in that. Or you could do it like a non-development tournament? Or best of all, make people stay under 120 tr?

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

TR cap? Hmm?
It could work, but I was really thinking about having a bunch of coaches, who are committed to playing in tournaments, a season after season, with team progression, but with having them to "reset" (i.e. make a new team) after the season. This would solve the biggest problem I see in the big continuous tournaments we have, that they will eventually be full of teams that survive (read: good AV) longer. Imho this would give us more different races into the tourney.

Let's say we manage to get a group of 6-8 players to the first season, we could make it a round robin season, that would mean every team would play 5-7 games. And maybe playoffs?

If we manage to get 12 to 16 players, we could have 2 divisions, with 6 to 8 players in each. And after the season is over, the champions of both divs would battle for the championship. I think a round robin of 16 players would be problematic for taking too long (15 weeks if it's 1 game a week), and propably some coaches losing interest during that time. I was kinda thinking that a season would last for about 2 months. That would allow a season to consist of 8 games, if played once a week.

Ofcourse I'm open suggestions and everyone's opinions.

Last edited by odi on %b %31, %2005 - %12:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Cirion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it sounds like a great idea, just skip the tr-cap, would spoil the fun for the winner.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one would like more non-progression tournaments. Or maybe even non-progression tournaments at 120TR or something... (If that's even possible)

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of a TR100 tournament, too.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Join King KO - Resurrection then. There's plenty more spaces and as you can see from the first KK it gets really exciting!![/url]
petsku

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i´m in
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's best to not be more than 8 coaches, more than that and i can guarantee that we won't be able to finish the season. I think it would be nice to play as you have described and then give the coaches placement points after each season. We can hold cups too but if we play a round robin it feels silly to end it with a play-off as the round robin wouldn't matter much.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

good point about the playoffs, round robin with max 8 coaches sounds good for first season, if it works out well, we could try to expand it to 2 divisions in season2. I think that 8 coaches in round robin would be the maximum, otherwise the seasons wil be too long.

I'll try to get the group set up today evening, people who have replied to this thread have the priority to join in on first come first served base.

odi
ChrisB

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My prefered tourney - let me know if you set it up
Askrum

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Put me up, I'm interested!
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, peikko beating odi to pulp? Sounds good enough reason to get beaten by everybody else, Im in!
Janzki

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in too.

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
 Jump to: