52 coaches online • Server time: 17:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best BG for Chaos
Mino
39%
 39%  [ 89 ]
Ogre
35%
 35%  [ 80 ]
Troll
25%
 25%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 226

Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I would vote "none" if the option was there...
Buy another RR or a beastman
Big guys are walking turnovers..

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Minos never lose tackle zone! Nuff said. Add that to tentacles..... Mmmmm
Eddy

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

troll of course...

someone said that a BG is a big stone in the path. well, a big stone with AV8 is ridiculous. a big stone with AV9 is great. a big stone with AV9 and regen, which costs only 100k (and thus only adds 10 to your TR), is uber.

why take a mino ? to pay once more for a pair of horns you won't use ? (if you use the mino, you don't use the beasties). and Chaos have great blitzer throughout the team, why buy a BG which is only useful when blitzing ? if you don't understand why the mino is only good for blitzing, let me explain: AV8 in the scrum will get it killed faster than it needs to spell its own name. moreover, why buy a typical Blitzer that cannot get any of the skills required when blitzing (Block, Tackle) ?

ideally, the Ogre would be better, but the Troll is cheaper and has Regen (and you don't care if that big pile of bones dies), which is enough to just stand in the way. since it is standing in the way, you don't have to bother about having someone near, because:
- in the scrum, there is often someone near
- if there isn't, just don't move the stupid. he's only a giant tacklezone after all.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls.

Note that this answers who I think is the best choice and not who I always pick.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

that poll is not valid anymore! It was done in earlier time when BG had gen acces (that's why mino is so high)

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This poll was started in february 2005, a few months after big guys lost general access...
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Still Troll's FTW! Cheaper fodder that survives more then the rest.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot to list a poll option - No Big Guy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a Mino is a good solution behind the LoS. Blitz only if really needed, otherwise use beastman. Mino is also perfect for a chaos team a Beast among other beasts Wink
Ogre is a good solution in the middle of the LoS, Thick Skull is useful to keep in the field the big guy and is used more often than Regenerate that dont keep you player on the field.

If you play for fun you MUST have a Mino!! Very Happy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg wrote:
Thick Skull is useful to keep in the field the big guy and is used more often than Regenerate that dont keep you player on the field.

after having seen that said a number of times now, i am REALLY wondering why you guys don't ask SkiJunkie to finally implement the possibility to use the apothecary on a KO result, and not only on CAS results: after all, you seem quite a number to think that saving 4 KOs is more important than saving 1 SI+ o.O

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it will be useful some times to use the apothecary on a KO, but usually I prefer use him for deaths Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

of course, it seems obvious, yet you seem to prefer a BG which can save KOs to one which can save CAS... how come ?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mino is AV8 - AV8 crunches so easy.. I would'nt even dare putting the mino on the LOS at the kickoff if I'm not recieving due to the simple fact, that if he doesn't gets it while getting blocked down, he *will* get it on the foul that follows = dead meat. Blitz with him? no block, roll of '1' and blitz is failed, so its really a bad idea as well - better reserved for for a CW or Goat.

Ogre - far better choise than mino - higher AV, much more reliable when moving about - AV9!!!!

Troll - even better than the ogre - same AV but with regen! Played 25 or so games with a troll on my chaos - he aged a niggle and so got retired (only injury he had gotten..), I get an ogre and during his 2'nd game, he dies as I had used my apoc on a RIP on a CW of mine. So, back to trolls I went.
Teg

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy, for the current match Thick Skull is more useful, Regenerate is more useful for future matches.
Between an Ogre and a Troll I prefer the Ogre, if he dies you can re-buy him Very Happy (if you have enough money Sad )

For a Chaos Team no match, the Mino is Fun! Very Happy (And does not lose Tckle Zones!)
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

we are not talking about who is funnier. we are talking about who's the best. Of course that differs depending on what uses do you plan on giving to the BG. I use him as los fodder, so troll is awesome.
 Jump to: