52 coaches online • Server time: 19:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best BG for Chaos
Mino
39%
 39%  [ 89 ]
Ogre
35%
 35%  [ 80 ]
Troll
25%
 25%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 226

origami

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg wrote:
Eddy, for the current match Thick Skull is more useful, Regenerate is more useful for future matches.

Exactly. I always play to win the current match - I don't particulary care if my players are permanently injured a long as I win now.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg wrote:
Between an Ogre and a Troll I prefer the Ogre, if he dies you can re-buy him Very Happy (if you have enough money Sad )

Erhm....That makes no sense...Can´t you rebuy a dead troll?? Besides the troll is cheaper.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
Exactly. I always play to win the current match - I don't particulary care if my players are permanently injured a long as I win now.

you bet i play to win the current match. but i fail to understand that reasonning nevertheless... doesn't a successful Regeneration roll allow you to field the Troll for the next drive, instead of having him standing in the dead&injured ?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
we are not talking about who is funnier. we are talking about who's the best. Of course that differs depending on what uses do you plan on giving to the BG. I use him as los fodder, so troll is awesome.

Sure, you'r right. We are talking about who's the best.
But best for what?
The Best for have fun: I vote Mino
The Best for los: I vote Ogre
The Best for create movement: I vote Mino
If you want to play without risk a BH, RS or WA then choose a beastman Wink

It depends on your tactics
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Putting an ogre in the LoS means he will get knocked over. If he's a good ogre he then will get fouled, hope your thick skull helps you when you get fouled.
Putting a troll in the LoS means he will get knocked over. If he's a good troll he won't be fouled because smart coaches don't foul armour9 who can regen.

Now, if you don't play people who use DP or you don't play clawed teams or khemri then well, we aren't talking about the same game so we can't agree.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well actually, to compare TS to regen, I mean, just for one game TS is far better for the following reasons:
-if armor is breached KO occurs with probability of 9/36 against 6/36 for KOs.

to be edited/.....

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
Putting an ogre in the LoS means he will get knocked over. If he's a good ogre he then will get fouled, hope your thick skull helps you when you get fouled.
Putting a troll in the LoS means he will get knocked over. If he's a good troll he won't be fouled because smart coaches don't foul armour9 who can regen.

Mmmhh... maybe your right, for a Chaos Team a Troll is better than an Ogre on the LoS. If you dont use throwable Star Players the Ogre loses most of his advantages.

Pau wrote:
Now, if you don't play people who use DP or you don't play clawed teams or khemri then well, we aren't talking about the same game so we can't agree.

Fouling, DP, Mummies, Claws are all part of the game, I agree with you Wink

Still for the current game I prefer Thick Skull over Regenerate Razz
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
well actually, to compare TS to regen, I mean, just for one game TS is far better for the following reasons:
-if armor is breached KO occurs with probability of 9/36 against 6/36 for KOs.

let's talk about this when you get to cancel the effect of a CAS on a 4+ at the beginning of each drive, please.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but the mino doesn't loose his TZ when failing his roll.... which can be VERY important.

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, it was mentioned. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

not really. easy to dodge away most of the time, and i'd rather be able to move on a 5/6 of the time with a troll or an ogre than 1/2 of the time or be forced to waste a blitz on a guy without rerolls. so yes, if you get inside a crucial position near a lot of enemies it can be useful, but the problem is getting near other guys effectively.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

the thing is that: if the position and the TZ are so crucial, first move your Troll there 5/6 times, and then let him stay here. don't move him, you don't need to, he's a ROADBLOCK.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg wrote:
Pau wrote:

Mmmhh... maybe your right, for a Chaos Team a Troll is better than an Ogre on the LoS. If you dont use throwable Star Players the Ogre loses most of his advantages.

Exactly. The real deal with ogres in my opinion is their ability to TTM without eating anyone and with ag2. with luck they can get ag4 and moving 5 they can move and then ttm for a TD Smile while trolls. well. they just stand there and get hit a lot. thats their job Smile
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

AG2 makes no difference for TTM as soon as you throw at more than 3 squares. from 1 to 3 squares (the usefulness of that is still beyond me, but anyway), it only MARGINALLY helps, something like a 5% increase in result.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the "With luck they can get AG 4" was the relevant part, Eddy. Smile