36 coaches online • Server time: 13:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best BG for Chaos
Mino
39%
 39%  [ 89 ]
Ogre
35%
 35%  [ 80 ]
Troll
25%
 25%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 226

deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

no it won't. It won't be accurate, but agility has no effect on the modifiers. most ttms are innacurate, but scatter well.
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I know agility doesn't change the modifiers. I mean that having high AG will make it easier to not fail.

A troll throwing a long range TTM needs to roll a 6+ and gets -2.
An ogre throwing a long range TTM needs a 5+ and gets -2.
An ag4 ogre throwing a long range TTM needs a 3+ and gets a -2.

all of them would need a 4 to succeed but only the ag4 ogre would throw fine on a 5 or 6 while the rest would need a 6+ for a good throw.

Okay now I understand what happened. Translating problem jeez, forget about what I was saying, I didn't make any sense.

Last edited by Pau on %b %21, %2005 - %22:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I mean that having high AG will make it easier to not fumble

But this is simply not true:

If either ag1, 2, 3 or 4 rolls a 3 or less the pass is a fumble, if they don't it's not. The pass may be more accurate with higher agility but it will never, ever affect the number of fumbles made.
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Quote:

I mean that having high AG will make it easier to not fumble

But this is simply not true:

If either ag1, 2, 3 or 4 rolls a 3 or less the pass is a fumble, if they don't it's not. The pass may be more accurate with higher agility but it will never, ever affect the number of fumbles made.
yes you are right.
origami

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
Your example didn't take into account that if he rolls that 6+ the troll will be able to play for the rest of the match on a 3+ and your TS ogre won't for that match and maybe for the next one.

Actually, it doesn't particularly matter to me that he won't be able to play the rest of the match, and I don't care at all that he won't be there for further matches. I just want to maintain a numbers advantage for this current drive, and ogres are better at doing that.

If you are playing in a league, or if you are short on reserves, or if you are playing mainly to grow your team, then the value of regenerate increases. However, I've been talking about playing in ranked with a bashy team with the objective of winning as many games as possible. For me, each Ranked game is a one-off which you do anything to win. For example, I will often use my apo on a BH player, which prompts any number of incredulous statements from my opponents. This is because in any one game, BH = SI = RIP.

Sure, trolls have more survivability than ogres over the long run. However, I don't see them being as useful in winning the current game. Also, long term survivability isn't necessarily a good thing with big guys in Ranked. The most useful skill in a big guy is his first - guard. Unless you roll doubles, further skills aren't likely to improve him much, as you are limited to strength skills. PO and MB aren't particularly useful on player who avoids throwing blocks. Break tackle is kind of pointless when I'd just rather leave him where he is, tying up players. More SPP really just means more handicaps against you.

In all honesty, I think that the difference between ogres and trolls is fairly neglible - both act as big, unreliable lumps that serve as assists and to tie up opponents. I just happen to believe that ogres do it a bit better.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2005 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

what makes me laugh is this "durability" thing supposedly being opposed to the "win now". i like to win now, and to "win now" i need my roster in its best shape. that's Regeneration for you.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What makes ME laugh is that people apparently think the relative TTM abilities of different Big Guys has an impact on their usefullness on a chaos team.

Though it is quite fun to think about a chaos warrior flying through the air and crashing into the ground with the mother of all THUDS. Very Happy

edit: To get back to the question: Troll all the way. You don't want to end up having to replace your Big Guy too often once the TR goes up and money becomes scarce.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The prices say it all. They are well calculated by the game designers. So ogres as the most expensive big guys are the best. Another evidence is that the ogrish race is the only big guy race which fields teams on their own.

Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, you just can't get more unquestionable and irrefutable evidence, can you ?

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

well VanGon just because ogres field there own team does not make them best. the old ag 3 ratogre would do mutch better as a team of there own for instance. But you never saw them playing.

Anyways I vote for the troll. why? Well it is the cheapest one with only a cost of 100k when all a player is going to do is tying up other players on the line why spend a fortune on him? also regen makes you worry less about him. I can see why people would go for the ogre due to TS but you also have to spend 20k more on him and that makes your team rating go eaven higer for a rahter usless player.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Topfenstrudel

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

hi there,

any advice for a chaos dwarf big guy? Mino or Troll?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cd's: TROLL

Cd's have even more need for a an immobile but hard to hurt stand in the way guy. And coincidentally, this is what Trolls are REALLY good at. Hell, they even get in the way of your own guys half the time.

Seriously, Minos die too quickly in the matchups you will get with cd's.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, mino isn't even in the running, unless you are doing it for fluff reasons. WA is a horrible negatrait and minos have comparitively low av.
 Jump to: