48 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
So what happens when one of these teams joins a standard U tournament? Are we commisioners supposed to be happy with the notion of an unfairly built team competing on our turf?

well ren', I m not completely agreeing with you. Creating an unfair team is always possible. Juste keep them in a TR range, cherry pick and so on.

Additionnaly, I never lost that many guys because of fouls.
hellmaister

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

We are happy for you! And if you join us, you will lose none!
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall wrote:
this is where we have a difference of opinion
i think a gentleman treats another gentleman as an equal and does his best to beat him whatever it takes

There is nothing gentlemanish about fouling Thrall. Even in the BB rules it´s a Illegal Procedure. Good sportsmanship has nothing to do with playing dirty. Period.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hellmaister wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

We are happy for you! And if you join us, you will lose none!

well I play in 12 different tournaments+ladder+(sometimes)ranked.

I do not feel like I can right now join a lot more. I am actually trying to get what is called a "life". lol
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
So what happens when one of these teams joins a standard U tournament? Are we commisioners supposed to be happy with the notion of an unfairly built team competing on our turf?

Unranked works on the following principles: Whatever that team did before it played yours does not matter. Only their current TR and STR do.

What about teams that play only vs skinks? Or squigs? Or fairies? Is that a team that was built "fair"?

You're not allowed to agree not to foul before a normal match. However this is different as it is a league structure in unranked. The same applies to all teams in their league, so within their league it is fair. As long as everyone plays to win.

When they leave their league, see my first point.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Mezir. you are a noble man. Would you like to compete for the title of being the best gentleman on Fumbbl? You would be most welcome and we would be honoured by your prescence.

We need more participants. What are you waiting for! Sign up now.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

nothing if your trying to get a second cas for that FF roll on trying to gain a free rotter or zombie, i fouled on turn 16 with a beast of nurgle before but he only stuns players Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand no fouling, but the av8? If your going to make a tournament based on no fouling, thats fine in my mind, but I'm having difficulty understanding why the AV 8. Are there going to be big guys? With Av 8, is the only big guys going to be Rat Ogres an Minotaurs? What if one of my Ogres has av-1. Is that cool?

Jeffro
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. A no-fouling unranked league is all fair and good, but what the hell are you doing restricting Av9 for? Suddenly, it's not "no fouling", but elfball, pure and simple: no Orcs, no Dwarves, no Chaos Warriors, only Minos and ROs.

What, can't a bashing team join a non-fouling league?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sorry gentlemen if the shoe doesnt fit. This was our idea of a league, and the admins approved . I know everyone wont like it, but this is the way we have chosen to play it. If you wanna join, just make a team with AV=<8. If you dont like it, we wont pressure you to join us.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I fold under pressure.

Jeffro
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

But you're not a non-fouling league anymore. You're an elfball league. This is misadvertisement.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Same thng as when teams join your tourney that have played soft scheudes or "friends" their entire careers. The admins allow "soft" games in U so this would be no different.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is gentlemen that this isn´t elfball. Norse are allowed, amazons as well. Humans are welcome to compete without a Ogre. You can create a Necromantic team without Flesh Golems etc etc. The possibilities are still there.