51 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff:
Make your own up. Really. It's a game... people want to play even if they are short and squishy. Smile

Jellies:

0-2 Dark Wizard 80k, 6-2-3-7 Throw Team Mate G, P
0-2 Gelatinous Cube 120k, 3-4-1-8 Regenerate, Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Big Hand G, S
0-2 Mimic 70k, 7-1-3-6 Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Extra Arms, Tentacles A, Ph
0-2 Green Slime 60k, 4-2-4-7 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Piling On, Jump Up, No Hands A
0-12 Jelly 50k, 5-2-1-6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Break Tackle, Big Hand A, S

Team rerolls: 80k
Apothecary: None
Wizard: Yes

Notes:
Removed the stone oozes (as 10 positionals seemed a bit high) and changed the wizards to 0-2, str 2 and reduced their starting skills for passing access. Team can now get rerolls for a high cost.

Kobold:

0-2 Greater Werewolf 130k, 6-5-2-8 Frenzy, Claw, Throw Team Mate, Big Guy, Wild Animal, Undead G, S, A
0-4 Rabid Kobold 70k, 6-2-3-6 Dodge, Stunty, Frenzy, Jump Up, Right Stuff A
0-16 Kobold 40k, 6-2-3-6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff A

Team rerolls: 70k
Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No

Notes:
This is the most generic team. Kobolds are just gobbos with -av, but make up for this with 4 players with JU + frenzy for an extra 30k cost. Greater WW are powerful but vulnerable with only av8 and no regen or apoth.

Kender:

0-4 Wanderlust Kender 80k, 5-2-4-6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Bone Head, Dauntless A
0-4 Kender Rogue 60k, 5-2-4-6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Bone Head, Poisoned Dagger A
0-12 Kender 50k, 5-2-4-6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Bone Head, Strip Ball A

Team rerolls: 40k
Apothecary: Yes

Notes:
An attempt at an ag4 team. BH and only str 2 should make things at least funny to play. Cheap rerolls also help.

Clockwork Toys:

0-2 Clay Golem 120k, 3-5-2-9 Regenerate, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Take Root G, S
0-2 Clockwork Unicorn 60k, 6-2-2-6 Dodge, Stunty, Horns, Sprint, Sure feet, No Hands A
0-2 Clockwork Gnome 50k, 4,2,3,8 Dodge, Stunty, Thick Skull, Nerves of Steel A
0-16 Clockwork Doll 40k, 5,2,3,7 Dodge, Stunty, Very Long Legs, Nerves of Steel A

Team rerolls: 50k
Apothecary: None

Notes:
Bit of a joke idea... only 2 players with regen and no apoth will make these hard to keep alive. Smile
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NO.

Jellies makes no sense at all.
Kobolds are way to much.
Kenders = AG4 + stunty is a BAD combination
Clockwork toys...nah...

Edit: Also I kinda miss the fluff. None of these races have too much in common with the warhammer world. Therefore they don´t have any feeling to themselves and don´t really fit in. I did read what you wrote.

Jellies really don´t make any sense and they are in no way related to the warhammer world.
Kobolds have too powerful Big Guys. Claw from the start and access to Agility skills. The rabid guys are also a bit too much with Jump Up and Frenzy. That´s 2 General Traits!
Bonehead on Kenders don´t make up for their Ag4, especially not with their cheap RR.
Clockwork toys...nah....nah. no fluff what so ever...to be honest one of the worst ideas ever for stunty.

In my humble opinion.

Last edited by Nordmark on %b %20, %2005 - %18:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jellies: why not? we have CHAOS HALFLINGS?
Kobolds are way too much.... what?
Kenders have bonehead, if you even bother to look at what I posted.
Clockwork toys... again nah what?

Please actually read the post and reply to something rather than just complaining about nothing in particular.

Edit: Not in the warhammer world? So what? That is not a requirement to be in stunty, Peikko has said this.

WW are 130k and dont even get regen or apoth... they will die alot. Koblods are the same cost as goblins but are -av, so to make up for that they get 4 better players that can easilly give away turnovers. Plus expensive rerolls. Really the team is quite weak if anything compared to goblins.

Same with kender... snotlings have players that dodge on a 2+, a whole team of those with no big guys and bonehead, plus only av6 is very weak if anything.

Please, someone with an idea of stunty post what they think. :S

Last edited by Britnoth on %b %20, %2005 - %18:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i think there all cool ideas its like heros of might and magic meets with the D&D world and they decide to play blood bowl, you will never know how broken something is until you try it!
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
:S

LOL, Thats funny and true. I hate the very idea of chaos halflings. Perhaps they should be called the river folk. Much like where Smeagel came from.
To the point of Jellies...... Do they have hands? How do they pickup the ball? Does it stick inside them? Does the skill stip ball work against them?

Jeffro
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Britnoth wrote:

LOL, Thats funny and true. I hate the very idea of chaos halflings. Perhaps they should be called the river folk. Much like where Smeagel came from.
To the point of Jellies...... Do they have hands? How do they pickup the ball? Does it stick inside them? Does the skill stip ball work against them?

Exactly, the ball sticks onto them as they slurp across the ground, hence big hand. Strip ball is only countered by sure hands, plus unless a cube grabs hold of the ball they aren't great at dodging... plus you can forget passing and catching as well. Jellies are supposed to be a team for experienced coaches.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just giving you some constructive critisism. I merely implied that I think the fluff is important.

Besides Britnoth. You seem to have forgotten the most important question of them all. What does these races do that affects the playstyles and makes them different from other stuntyteams?

Jellies only seem to be what happens when you leave nurglings out in the sun.
Kobolds and their Ww. Expensive yes but. Agility acess? Why is the big bad wolf hanging around with kobolds? And he is allowed to use apo. And don´t count gobbos as avrege in stunty. Count flings as avrege.
Kender. Yes snotlings dodge on 2+ but they are str1 and don´t pick up the ball that easy. I rest my case.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, are you illiterate or just lazy?

Jellies are totally different form any other team. JUST LIKE NURGLINGS? They pickup on a 2+ and catch on a 5+, they have no conventional big guys, they have 2 throwers and 2 catchers.... sigh.

Kobolds are dogmen in many RPG myths... why do trolls play with goblins? Why do ogres play with halflings?

UNDEAD skill means you CANNOT use an apoth. Read the help files. Or play some games.

Snotlings pick up the ball fine... 3+ rr against ag4 + bonehead with rr is not that different. Snots have 3 big guys to TTM while kender dont. Ag4 needs a downside which bonehead will give... if you think that is not enough then say so, just stop complaining 2+ dodges are too good.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Britnoth wrote:

Just a quick side not on chaos halfings to go a bit off topic. In the ogre kingdoms book that just came out games workshop drops many fluff hints that the flings and ogres where created at the same time and intended to life togethor by the old ones. It also says that ogres have the same resistance(note: it says resistance not imunity) to chaos as halfings. As we all know there are chaos ogres out there and they even make specific minis for them. So the ogre fluff kinda validates the chaos halfings in a way. Even if it did come out after the chaos flings where created on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to start insulting each other.
I just gave you my comments on the team proposals. If you don´t like it then that´s too bad.

I missed the Undead skill on the werewolf though and for that I appoligise.

But you didn´t answer my question. What does these races do that affects the playstyles and makes them different from other stuntyteams?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

What link is there between a kobald and a werewolf? Aren't kobalds like little reptilian/rat men? Not much of a connection to undead there really.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

kobolds used to be little dog/lizard dudes... now they are more lizard/dogs dudes if you get my drift.

They do bark however.

Personally I think stunty teams should have warhammer fluff. That said, the stunty leeg guru have repeatedly emphasized that fluff is unimportant in stunty leeg.

That said, stunty needs more teams like i need more venerial diseases.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If you didnt want feedback then you shouldnt have posted your ideas. You know what this place is like you'll get flamed for anything.

Personally I think all the teams are unique to what stunty has already, and that can only be a good thing. However like BunnyPuncher says, stunty doesnt need many more teams.

MindWright

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
kobolds used to be little dog/lizard dudes... now they are more lizard/dogs dudes if you get my drift.

They do bark however.

Personally I think stunty teams should have warhammer fluff. That said, the stunty leeg guru have repeatedly emphasized that fluff is unimportant in stunty leeg.

The dogzard kobolds are the D&D version. Kobolds are briefly mentioned in some of the older Warhammer stuff as being related to goblins. At least they are if I recall correctly. Real world folklore describes them as gnome-like or brownie-like, with an ugly appearance. Those stories vary, describing kobolds as everything from helpful household spirits to dangerous tricksters found in deep mines.

My version of Kobolds is based on that last version, and the brief mention in old Warhammer materials. This seems to be the D&D version, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Wukong

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

According to Wikipedia.org:

Kobolds are ugly spirits that originate from German folklore. The name comes from the German word kobalt or kobold meaning "evil spirit", and is often translated in English as goblin. The most common version, known as Heinzelmännchen, are described as helpful or mischievous household elves. They sometimes perform domestic chores, but can also play tricks on the human inhabitants. This type of kobold is said to be related to Robin Goodfellow and brownies. Another type of kobold that can be found in mines and other underground places seems to be more closely related to the gnome.

Kobolds are also found in fantasy fiction. In Dungeons & Dragons and the settings it inspired, many authors present them as aggressive humanoid creatures that are smaller than a person. They are evil creatures that dwell together with their own kind rather than in human homes. Such kobolds have an ugly presence reminiscent of a bipedal rat or dog. In the Suikoden series, Kobolds are a race of anthromorphic dogs, which is a great departure from the original meaning.

Just my little "Besserwisser" streak!
 Jump to: