12 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Casper

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on people, if you have ST6 BoBs, give them break tackle.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with break tackle is that it only works a single time. Sure, dodge allows for only a single reroll as well, but in general somebody with dodge will have enough agility to risk a non-assisted dodge anyway. A break tackle player usually won't, so after the first square moved you're stuck unless you try a risky move based on your agility instead.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have several players in position for an interception, then pick the black orc to try it. The others will need a 6 to succed, too. But when he intercepts, the blocker gets 2 points, holds the ball and so he has a chance to get 3 further points when he makes it up to the endzone.
(With lizzies, try the interception with the saurus or kroxigor)

HollowOne

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Score with Black Orcs. I always had trouble getting them to advance but then I started giving them the ball and running... er... rumbling up field. It's quite funny watching elves charge a caged Str 4 player to try and get the ball of him. Like watching them run into a wall! Now my Black Orcs have more SPPs than my Blitzers.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I always get block and guard as my first two skills for the Black Orcs but now am I closing in on the third skill for several of them. What is most efficent, pro or mighty blow? Mighty blow do make them alot deadlier but having pro would allow them to floor their opponents much more often even if they manages to score fewer injuries. So what do you think?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs rrs: 50k

by the time you have 4 BoBs with 16+ spps, you should already have 5... so no point in Pro
IMHO...
Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Orcs rrs: 50k

by the time you have 4 BoBs with 16+ spps, you should already have 5... so no point in Pro
IMHO...
Smile

You pretty much never use rerolls to reroll block dices unless your knocking yourself down. Having pro would allow me to reroll half of those situations.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: ok, I got the point.
/me dumb!

Embarassed

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is almost the ultimate bashing skill. Provided you dont reroll to a double skull, thats always humiliating.

I like my Orcs Lean, Mean and Green.

Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I've calculated the statistics for how much pro improves the chance to knock someone down if you do a two dice block against a player with block (everyone and their pet already got block when a black orc get's it).

Without pro: 5/9 chance to knockdown (56%)

With pro: 68% chance to knockdown. Is that improvement enough to make it better than mighty blow?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

add to that the slight change to get a doubleskull after Pro... a double skull you can't reroll.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

the bob gotta stay sober, else you'll get into accidents and traffic tickets.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
I always get block and guard as my first two skills for the Black Orcs but now am I closing in on the third skill for several of them. What is most efficent, pro or mighty blow? Mighty blow do make them alot deadlier but having pro would allow them to floor their opponents much more often even if they manages to score fewer injuries. So what do you think?

Mighty Blow is much better. It pretty much doubles casualties against Av8 - Pro doesn't get even close to doubling knock downs.

Have a look at
http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/blocking.php and
http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/injury.php to see the real numbers.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of pro for the bob, I like pro on me blitzers.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Your black orcs blockers job is to injure opposing players, Mighty Blow increases their effectiveness drastically. In terms of long term development of black orcs, block, mb, guard,... is the best route. Speeds up development of the black orcs, at least as far as my orc team has done. The numbers back it up at least. If your deciding after block, guard between pro, mb, tackle, then mb is the best choice. Unless your only playing elves with your orcs, then tackle would be helpful in continueing to find games and knock down opponents. Pro is cherry after you've gotten all other necessary skills such as block, mb, guard imo. I would probably take pro over tackler after that as I don't play elves often enough to justify tackle.

Just my two scents.
 Jump to: