41 coaches online • Server time: 00:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

since i couldn't really find carification on the way the join request's are sorted i'm gonna assume that the first join request is on top...so that means that sk8bcn, your team is in, since you were first on the list.

And Balint im gonna deny your team...you are of course more than welcome to join with another team(of a race not already represented by 2 teams).

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

my Kings Of Old have now joined the tournament as well...now we are only a possible 5 teams shy of starting season 1.
Of course more teams are welcome to join the league. And if they make it before the tournament begins they can also join the Dawn Of Blood Challenge (since it has no team limit) and its a good way to get your team up and going.

oh...and btw.
some small details have been added to the team guidelines.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The Mazarbul Protectors apply as well.

BTW:

I don't think that the idea to enforce a variety of races is a particularly good one.

Funny thing that tons of coaches out there complain about Blood Bowl becoming Elf Bowl while almost 90% of the coaches out there prefer Orcs, Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves and Chaos, lol.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You're in Farinroderel

And to the race limit: i kinda like the idea of the teams being mixed, and i want to make sure that a variety of teams compete in the Grudge League. So im not gonna change this at the moment. But thanks for the input though...

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
The Mazarbul Protectors apply as well.

BTW:

I don't think that the idea to enforce a variety of races is a particularly good one.

Funny thing that tons of coaches out there complain about Blood Bowl becoming Elf Bowl while almost 90% of the coaches out there prefer Orcs, Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves and Chaos, lol.

that's untrue in tournament IMO, you see teams of every races.
Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the league looks great, should be fun, and enjoyable to play in. I think all will enjoy

Tyrant, it looks great, and shows all the hard work you have put into this.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have applied with a themed Human team. Will be my first time to play Humans. Smile

I really like the way this tournament has been thoroughly planned beforehand. I hope there will be lots of active coaches and a good, warm feeling to it.

Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

great team Karhumies! they are in...

btw. a few subtle changes have been made to the design of the group page...to make it a bit more eye friendly.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A change have been made to the Tribal 'Eadsplitta Cup. It now allows star players (hired as freebooters) up until the semifinals. But since i havn't tried to hiring a star player yet, but have noticed that they only cost half of their original value. I assumed that you only hire them as a freebooter. Am i right in this assumption?

And we had our 14th team join the ranks today...a wood elf team (the very first elven team btw.). Good to see, since the Loren Forest Fayrie Folk Cup fans really needed a team to root for.
Now only 2 teams are needed before the season can begin...

But because the Dawn Of Blood Challenge is kinda essential for new teams coming into this league. I've been flirting with he idea of postponing the the start of season 1 to a possible 24 or 32 teams have joined...so that even though a few teams drop of during the season there will still be a lot of teams competing. But then again maybe it better to just get the ball rolling. What do you guys think?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone! My team is in the league (yay)Very Happy.

First I´d like to say that I don´t mind waiting little longer for more teams to join.

And I also have a question: where can I find this seeding sytem you are talking about, cant find it anywhere Sad

Thats all for now.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly think that we could hold for a week or so for a chance at getting 24 teams, but, I also think if the ball gets rolling even with 16 teams, we will see more teams coming if everything works well. I know that a few of my friends in other games wait to see it work, before joining. This might not work here, but people like to see things going, and going well first.

But, I am differential, as I am already in the league, and am willing to wait a little longer if that is what is picked.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's wait for a while - say...a week? - to see if we can get into 24 players. That would be a nice number, even if some elves get mangled and chicken out. Wink

IF there aren't any new players coming in, we could start with 16 teams.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

CoachDan wrote:
--And I also have a question: where can I find this seeding sytem you are talking about, cant find it anywhere Sad

You mean this one?

Group page wrote:
Kislev Classics: [KO tournament] [Max. TR 150]
KO tournament held in Kislev. The violent nature of Blood Bowl combined with the frozen tundras of Kislev. Makes every player who participates in this event, an Ulric worshipper overnight.
The KC sponsors invented a new seeding system for their tournament. It's called "The Race Similarity Chart", and is used so that each team randomly will be matched up against the team equal/closest to their own race, according to the chart.
But before the chart is used, the teams are radomly split up in 2 divisions, and the chart is then applied on each division seperately, before the 2 divisions are then combined to show the final tournament seeding. This is done to ensure that every pairing is possible in the final.
No Star Players or wizards are allowed in the KC.

The Race Similarity Chart:
---Goblin--Halfling--Wood Elf--Elf--High Elf--Dark Elf--Skaven--Amazon--Human--Norse--Dwarf--Chaos Dwarf--Chaos--Orc--Necromantic--Khemri--Undead--Vampire--Ogre--Lizardmen--->

Please note that this seeding system is used only in one of the tournaments.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyrant wrote:
A change have been made to the Tribal 'Eadsplitta Cup. It now allows star players (hired as freebooters) up until the semifinals. But since i havn't tried to hiring a star player yet, but have noticed that they only cost half of their original value. I assumed that you only hire them as a freebooter. Am i right in this assumption?

Yes, they are freebooted for one match only. There are huge differences in the amount, quality and cost of star players for different teams. Some races have to hire stars for almost every game to occasionally even win a match, some others might never need their stars due to good rolls. The most star-using team are the Goblins, who freeboot cheaters all the time and might not be an equal opponent even after using them. On the other hand, guys such as Morg 'n Thorg (at least humans), the Count (undeads) and Ramtut III (Khemri) can seriously change the tide of any game.
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one coach left to start this! Gogogogo!

TaChIkOmA! \o/
 Jump to: