44 coaches online • Server time: 00:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeding options have been added to all the tournaments.

Karhumies wrote:

Yes, they are freebooted for one match only. There are huge differences in the amount, quality and cost of star players for different teams. Some races have to hire stars for almost every game to occasionally even win a match, some others might never need their stars due to good rolls. The most star-using team are the Goblins, who freeboot cheaters all the time and might not be an equal opponent even after using them. On the other hand, guys such as Morg 'n Thorg (at least humans), the Count (undeads) and Ramtut III (Khemri) can seriously change the tide of any game.

Thanks for the in depth answer.
The star players allowed in the Tribal 'Eadsplitta Cup was kinda in the spirit of the tournament, i though (more mayhem Smile ). I still don't know how it's gonna work (how much money teams will have to spend on star players...how unequal the balance of the star players will be) but if the idea turns out to be a bad one, it can always be removed for season 2 Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about how long we delay. I'm in 10 or 12 other tourneys so delays aren't my concern.

About stars: after hating them so much, I just discovered they were no so special, he he.
Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I say, now that there is 16 teams, we give it a week, let everyone have a decent chance to join up, if after that, no one joins up, then we get this ball rolling, and rolling hard.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, the majority of you guys seem to be up for a little wait. And i think the league will benefit if some ekstra coaches join here in the beginning. So we're gonna postpone the beginnning of season one, give some ekstra people a chance to join the fun..

Last edited by Tyrant on %b %14, %2005 - %16:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If we have 16 teams now there's no point to delay the first tournament. After such a long period time, it's highly unlikely that a significant number of new coaches will join.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh come on peeps, join and prove that Farinrodel is wrong! Smile

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, waiting for something which will not happen will just cause coaches to drop/become inactive. Crying or Very sad

Starting a tournament, however, might help to recruit new members. Very Happy
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt people will become inactive in a week...if they do, then they probably wouldn't last through this league anyways...so i'm gonna give it a week and see how it goes...

Last edited by Tyrant on %b %15, %2005 - %06:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hello!!

i spoke about the starplayers "to the coach of my team" that with much arrogance told me "ve donneed dem to giv de fans deirs wounds" for the headsplit tournament, but i'd be ok with them too.
i always wanted to play with some of them and never allowed them in my own tabletop leagues....
altough, some questions about them:
what will happen the day in which one of them dies?
will he be "died" for the league?
or for everybody?
or for nobody?
and if they get a niggling or something like that? milagrous cures or there is a way to have an archive of starplayers "mutated" for our league?

about the waiting-not waiting thing:
i'd be glad to wait for others to apply, BUT also think that the idea of the leagues with much tournaments in them is to play this tournament when you can and the next one if you are a bit late or have to work.
so in the end i'd stick to the announced "let's play when we are 16".
and ignore the pm, tyrant, i was so bright to forget looking page 2 and 3 of this thread.
thank you all, see you all!!

--------------------------------------
ORKA ZPAKA!! (hey coach you're a gobbo)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Star Player is kind of a legend: if he dies in a match, niggles or something bad happens, the guy can not participate in the rest of the current match-up but can be hired again normally (=you need to have the money to buy him again) for the next game.

In the case of exact same Star Player being hired to both sides, there are some special rulings in the Living Rulebook. However, that is extremely unlikely, as most teams have unique star players and there is very rarely money to hire them at all. I do not know all the star rules by heart (e.g. some of the Secret Weapons can not be blocked at all, whilst falling down a Dwarven machine by any means possible makes it Badly Hurt), so check out the LRB if you're interested in how the Stars "work".

Since no stars will be allowed for most of the tourneys this will mean that Goblins can not be played in the Grudge League. They have a lot of cheap, funny and very randomly working (read: they cause a LOT of turnovers) 30k per game secret weapons without which they are completely and utterly doomed to fail.

Drud

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I got my Chaos team up and running, and they've joined the league. Lets hope they wont get slapped around by elves (my 2 last chaos teams were abbandoned by nuffle).
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud, welcome to our ranks!

And to all people reading this who haven't joined yet (but would like to), you still have until the end of the week to put a team together and apply...Remember, your team will benefit greatly from the first tournament since it's a round rubin (not a KO). So no matter if you win or lose you are guaranteed a certain number of matches where you can stok up on SSP and skills.
(but, before you make a team be sure to check the team guidelines on the group page)

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, and btw. its nice to see that all the coaches up until now have been regular visitor on fumbbl. I dont think i have seen anyone being away more than 2-3 days max. I take that as a good sign of things to come Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see more passer/ball-handler teams enter the League, so the matches would get a bit more variety. Any Elves, Lizzies and Skaven out there waiting for your chance...here's one! come on! Smile

Oh and btw, is no one going to play amazons, necromantic or vampires? I find that kind of odd, since they are all solid teams.

Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I had thought about playing Necro, but I felt I would like the Lizzies a little better for now. But I agree, I would love to see a lot of differences, it should be great.
 Jump to: