55 coaches online • Server time: 14:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Does it have to be a new unranked team? Or can it be a team dropped from ranked or whatever?

Jeffro
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It has to be a new unranked team.

Ofcourse there are few chances that we will accept a team with some games played in order to replace a team from our top divisions, if we need to replace anyone. But for this to happen, everyone in the division must agree.

Post 9 Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I just realized that my team is too weak... 2 st2 GR are fast but not strong and without a Rat Ogre there is no hiting power. Av7 to 3 of the 5 players doesn't help eigher. I must save money for an expensive RO. Mad

By the way, we need 5 more teams to start a new division!

Post 7 Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Make that 4!!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
I just realized that my team is too weak... 2 st2 GR are fast but not strong and without a Rat Ogre there is no hiting power. Av7 to 3 of the 5 players doesn't help eigher. I must save money for an expensive RO. Mad

By the way, we need 5 more teams to start a new division!

you made skas Exclamation Just learn from master ska coach: Me. Here, you did take Fanatics way. But with Fast Slowers dead, there is only one master left: ME Twisted Evil

You don't think so?!!!!!!!!!

Challenge me on pitch!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I wil sk8bcn, I will.

And you will regret it!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn estimation for Season 3:

Bit's and piece: Really good team indeed this year. A strong backbone with two talented wights->tackle for both, shadowing and stripball, they can be a pain for opponents.
The double +MA mummy helps too. I really did think that taking these stat games were a waste, but after playing them I admit they are not. With 2 gfi, he can reach players at 7 squares of distance at that forces opponents to dodge. The weakness of the team lies in the unskilled goul that need to get some skill to be safe. Without the goul, the team doesn't show a lot of speed and it could cause some problems against fast running skas.

Bonefive: Last year winner. I hadn't the chance to play him. 3 mummies and 2 blitz ras. I am surprised he won. He really lack of overall speed and only one tackle player. Against fast running blodgers (werewolves or gutter runners) the team could prove some difficulties. Against more bashing teams, two mummies with +MA helps. I think Bonefive main technique must be hitting and injuring. I think when it works they win, when they don't things get tougher for them.

Eshin's Dagger: I just lost one very good storm vermine last season and start the season with and very effective roster. Actually the strenght loss is high since only once tackle player is left. The team had specificity in not relying the most in the gutter runner (very stong player with +ST) but in storm vermins. With the overall decrease of teams level (age) the dagger ends having lost the less. They so can be a top favourite this year, but I think the decrease can be awaited for season 4.

Few of us: Young and unskilled skaven team. They came up from last season and could start the season having a hard time vs the older teams around. But having block for the rat helps. They want the runner to last long (spikes) and it could be a good choice but main problem is that ageing take care of players quickly here.

Four Turtle and a rat: Chaos team supposed to bash. I played them in season one and somehow managed to kill and niggle one of their players. Well the rebuilding process isn't finish as it seems since they still are pretty unskilled. Main problem must be they can't know down blodgers and, if I watch in the TD difference, it shows: 34 TD taken in 12 games. That's around 2.9 per game. Far too high to win. If they can skill up, add some blocs claw and tackle they can become very dangerous but I don't see them make it this year.

Killers of the dead: Top team last year with they great runners, they both had to retire and this is almost new. If he doesn't end with early injurys, he still can battle in upper classement but only due to coaching skill. The team hasn't anything special anymore. The main thing for them, would be IMO, to get SPP during season and reach a place good enough to enter playoffs with a good team. The guy that played the most did 7 games when I have 3 that made 13 games and plus.

Necro five stars: As I said it once before, when they lost the 2 werewolves, they were really hit. But now this year, they seem pretty good to me: 2 good flesh golems near from skilling up for the third time. Maybe slow, but how anoying to any non dodging team. I see them getting tackle and this would annoy too. 1 new werewolf was added and I think the goul will be sacked for a second one, and I said once before, werewolves are more than a pain for fast running teams. The wight took sure hands. I think he will be ball carrierer and wolves as blitzers but I don't think it will last long. With wolves beeing so quick they will end up with ball and this team is defintly one of the 2 top favourites.

Ravenous for destruction: weakened by the niggling and still not replaced mino, they still need some cash to get the team back. But they could become strong. An MA 8 bull centaur can become a pain, able to blitz anywhere at str 4. It's just that without block and tackle, blodgers could become a problem. block and stip ball for the another one can compensate it. But the weakness lies in offense. With AG 2, you can be scarred on passing to centaurs especially with fast and agile runners around and giving the ball to the gobelin is just crazy. He's slow, no can can save him. Offense is defintly weakness of the team. 7 TD scored in 8 games tend to show it. It's the only team with 4 turtles and a rat that score less than 1TD per game.

So my guesses:
1-Eshin's dagger or Necro Five stars
2-Eshin's dagger or Necro Five stars
3-BoneFive
4-Bit's and Piece
5-Killers of the dead
6-Ravenous for destruction
7-Few of us
8-Four turtle and a rat

ps: give me your estimation of standings!!!!!!
Magnus

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm SOOOOO on this! Can' wait for 4 more teams to join, so we can start! Is there any way to advertise, or?
Aconite

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

any way to advertise... Just post to this list every so often so the topic stays up the top for people to click on.

It is a great fun league, and everyone should join it!

(Brad Osberg)
G_Force

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

5U have 'no fear' in facing their first meteorite division opponants No Fear! and are hoping for some better performances and results than last seasons appaling efforts.
another season full of failure is likely to see the team permenantly retired with a shotgun from close range.

Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Magnus wrote:
I'm SOOOOO on this! Can' wait for 4 more teams to join, so we can start! Is there any way to advertise, or?

What about waiting for 3 more coaches to start the new division?

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post, again, sk8bcn.
I agree on some points, but not all.

Bit's and piece: The team that niggled both my wolves in a single match. I fear to meet them again. That MA5 mummy really is annoying, and really dangerous. The team has many skilled players, and I see them under the top 4 teams.

Bonefive: The team won against mine Necro 5 stars in the first play offs game. Surely, it helped that he injured my golem in turn 1 and the other players liked the KO Box as much as the field...
The teams statistics (8/1/4) is very impressive, and also, a candidate for the playy offs, again. Yes, sk8bcn, he can hit and hits hard.. ;-/

Eshin's Dagger: One of my favorite teams to play against. The one SV having Claw, combined with Block and Tackle could take out one or two players early in a game, ensuring victory. I just wonder, whether the AG upgrade for the RO was worth the skill. See you in play offs....

Few of us: My first oppponent, and I hope he plays (off now for 3 days...). The team looks too fresh and unexperienced for Celestial, lacking skills and having only 2 rerolls.

Four Turtle and a rat: yes, unskilled, and has to learn defens first. I am just wondering already how to strip the ball once he has it. In my oppinion, a candidate for cage tactic, and that in 5 star. He could try to go for the 2-1 win that bashy teams try. But with few skills, hard to tell how he will perform.

Killers of the dead: Well, sk8bcen, you said it all. Try to build your team, and hope for opportunities.

Necro five stars: Well, I have 2 nice golems, right. but one won´t play in the first match, and they are slow. The wolf is dangerous, but also very dangerous to have. He is the prime target in my team, and having no skills, I just hope hope he will survive some time. The loss of both the wolves was far worse than just loosing 2 players (240k to replace...), but I had to hire zombies that occasionally walked away with the MVP, stealing SPPs I really need. Nevertheless, if the season starts well, and I´ll not get casualties for my players, I really might be strong in the 2nd half of the season, and am eager to reach a play offs position. But I doubt that I can play for place 1.

Ravenous for destruction: I don´t see things as bad as you. Yes, AG 2 for a ball carrier is bad, but he has 5 rerolls to use. Of course he needs to spend some money on his team, but as soon as he has more skills, he might get stronger.

I feel honored by your guess, that my team can make it to place 1 or 2. I am not so optimistic, but will do my best, to make your guess come true!
Very Happy

Games in 5star are less predictable than normal games are, and rerolls can have a heavy impact on the match. I am looking forward to an interesting, and hopefully, tight season.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Bonefive: The team won against mine Necro 5 stars in the first play offs game. Surely, it helped that he injured my golem in turn 1 and the other players liked the KO Box as much as the field...
The teams statistics (8/1/4) is very impressive, and also, a candidate for the playy offs, again. Yes, sk8bcn, he can hit and hits hard.. ;-/

Don't forget that at the final they made the previous champions return to the grave...

Arcon wrote:

Few of us: My first oppponent, and I hope he plays (off now for 3 days...).

My brother is away from his home but he will be back on time for the game.

What worries me is Philman's "Ravenous for destruction". Philman is away for 8days and I already look for a replacement at the 4men leagues.
If anyone knows him, please let me know and if possible, ask him if he will be able to play.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i havn't been around in so long here, and am not on that often anyway, when its your turn to play me can you please e-mail rather than PM me as i tend to check those rather mmore often...:rolleyes:

on second thoughts, do both, i have checkind into this site 2 days i a row now, whoo! first time in ages!

still, i am up for some more 5-star action, i thank you for your prediction both Sk8bcn and Arcon! after my disasterous showing last season i am hardly expecting great things!

[/quote]

"Best Bar in This Street"

Last edited by PhilMan on %b %21, %2005 - %13:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile It is great to see you are around! SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile