41 coaches online • Server time: 11:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now created a new thread for all the suggestions, questions and miscellaneous ideas about grudge league (mainly season 1).

ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

NEWZ FROM THE NULN DIVIZION
The orcs rule the last 2 turns here.....
The Zpackerz complete their recovery beating up the second norse team of the division.
After the first, bloody blitz of the buzzing Mjolnir's Maul ending with TD, the Greenz imposed their superior weightand managed to recover: 2-1 and a lot of confiance and regret has fulled the team's baggage for the future.
Confiance in their possibilities and regret for that horrible match against the elves.
Truta, Black Orc said "We Ogt Tht t'ourzelvz 'n' to da coach. No waz correct that that waz said after da elvaz"
While the scoring blitzer Tekta commented on the game saying that "Pret (Favo, thrower) waz perfkt, interpretated da coach plan to da perfecta; we hav' to protect'im betta toug!"
This ends the experience of the team in the DOBC, and this is hard for them who now feel they deserved a playoff place but, but others had better results, and so they go on...this time!
In the end the tournament taught to the Zpackerz to react to the bad situations, and the mental strenght they showed in the last game would have been useful against the Avelorn's Talons; but nobody borns doctor, and there are still a lot of things to learn.
from Nuln that's all, see you soon!
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know whats going on with the redline period at the moment? Shouldn't we be on the last round of the DOBC?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You are correct. Because Tyrant has not given out the concedes when they were suppsoed to (18th May for round 4), I will do the most obvious ones according to the coach activity. This means guys who haven't been online for 7days -over a month will lose their matches.

Prymja

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I messed up and miss read, give mine and Dagdas game to Dagda.

I do not want to screw his chances at the tourny to much, I wanted to play it but had trouble being on at the same time as him, sorry
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Marienburg, Nuln and Middenheim divisions are now playing their last round matches.

In Altdorf division, there was an unplayed match in which both coaches have been OnLine within the last week. I talked with Prymja about it and gave them extra time until the 28th to play the match. If it is 100% sure Prymja and dagda331 will be unable to play, either one can PM me and I will concede that match ASAP so the last round can begin.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to dr_scitt for bringing up this issue. Smile

Aconite

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

and on another issue... Smile

With the Dawn Of Blood Challenge - Marienburg Div now complete, it shows Lil' bunnies and big rabbits as the division winners. This is not the case!

In accordance with the rules of the tournament, the actual winners of that division are in fact my wonderful undead team of Reclamation.

Just to make sure everyone's clear on that Very Happy

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The playoffs will be started manually, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for noticing us, anyway. Smile

Aconite

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, with the play offs, is it just going to be the 4 division champions? or will second place be entered as well? Not entirely clear on the league page.

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Group page wrote:
Each division-winner (and possible wildcard-winners) will go on to the playoffs (some teams may earn a bye week).
In the playoffs teams are seeded by their division record.

My take on this is that each div winner only will be allowed to advance because there is an even amount of divisions. If there were 5 divs or something like that, obviously there would have to be some wildcarders.

I will pm Tyrant to see if I share his opinion. Smile

Drud

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The greatest game this team has ever seen! The Jacks ruled this game completely from one end to the other! Every single player from The Jacks were on the field through the entire game. The scared Drow only fielded 9 players to begin with, and only 5 of them could stand through the entire match! The Jacks passed the ball around so every player had his share of the fun, and his part of the experience and training. This great cooperation players inbetween lead to 4 (!) players getting a new skill. 3 of them (Jack of Clubs, Jack the Ripper and Jack Off) adopted what Jack Daniel's had taught them and all improved at blocking. Jack in the Box however, paid 10k of his own salary to a manicurist for a nail enhancing job. As a result, he has developed a serious set of Claws. Even though the Dark Elves were only knocked out and came back for the last setup, The Jacks won the game! We Scored! We Scored again! We Scored once more! And WE WON! The crowd went wild, and for the first time ever, there was a line of people wanting to sign in to the official The Jacks' Fan Club.
With the income from the game, yet another player has signed a contract with the team. A 12th player, Jackass II, has been added. We all hope he can fill his predecessor, Jackass.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, was I the only one who got the post that state that tyrant steps out from tournament organiser. We now need someone to take the crown.

Khar'?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I can take on the responsibility, provided that I get some assistant staff.

I would like to divide the main tasks needed to keep Grudge League running into a few smaller parts. This way, even though one of the organisers goes off on a vacation or something like that, we can easily find someone to replace him for the meanwhile.

The tasks I can and would like to handle:

Main Organiser Karhumies
-held responsible for Grudge League, the highest authority. If there is a problem (e.g. multiple alternatives), in the end the main organiser chooses what to do.

Mechanic
-Planning season structure, tournament systems, GL points, forming the mechanical core of GL which keeps the league going

Tournament organiser
-sending pms and notifications about new tournaments and playoffs (you wanna participate to this one, etc.), then forming the tourneys on group page and allocating players to them. Randomising divisions and stuff.

These three assistant spots are free for anyone of you guys to apply for (free spots in bold, reserved ones in italics):

Fluff assistant (I suggest Tyrant)
-Planning the outer appearance, themes and "depth" of Grudge League as well as creating the fluff for the tournaments

Deadline assistant: dr_scitt
-taking care of the redline/deadline rule, handing out concedes, sending pms to coaches with problems/coaches dropping out, keeping track of the guys falling behind schedule (e.g. giving a week more time before conceding the game if the players so wish, but then they will have to play the next round much quicker)

Advertiser (anyone with loads of friends and who spends lots of time in OnLine and in the FUMBBL chat)
-promoting GL in IRC and on the boards, getting new coaches to replace drop-outs, accepting applications

There are also some odd jobs from time to time which can be handled by whomever of the organisers.

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %25, %2005 - %20:%May; edited 3 times in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want me to take redline/deadline rule it's not like I would not accept but I would then need to calibrate them to my own dates. (10th/15th and 25th/end of month)

since some already want it to be quicker I just doubt it would suit to everyone.
 Jump to: