53 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Hast anyone of thou seen the roaming band willing to face the worshippers of Nuffle in a sacred match of Blood Bowl? We have been on the search for days but none hast been able to tell where they have hid.

Easter is a time for us to contemplate and regain strength. We will not accept any challenges during the holy vacation.

Boris Todbringer has announced that coach Tesifonte is the only questionable coach left who didn't fill in the application for the tournament (send a PM). But he and his team still has time to show themselves and rise up to the challange. If this is not done the match will be forfeitet in favor of the Sacred Worshippers of Nuffle.
In the meantime it is advised you send him a PM, prehaps with possible match-dates that suit you.
The high Graf still has high hopes that all matches will be played.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have sent him a couple of messages but he hasn't answered them yet. I sent the first one right after the pairings were made.

Darn. A forfeit does not bring my party an apoth, neither any spps and my team will be facing Chaos next. :-\

dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

According to buddy list he hasn't been on fumbbl for 13 days. It would indeed suck if we lose a coach already Sad.
Still at least the chaos are down to 10 players for the next game Wink

What happens on a forfeit anyway, is it just a 2-0 win?
Btw, Tyrant, do you intend to change the deadline/redlines due to the large fumbbl outage?
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Another dwarf side of mine retired, sorry.

I start, throw thousands blocks, nothing, he Just blocks and kills. Seems to happen to all of my dwarf sides. Next dwarf team of mine I'll have to start with an apoth.
Aconite

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

droweclipse and myself are trying to get our match sorted, struggling a bit due to the time zone difference, but I'm sure we'll manage to get it all done soon...

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

dr_scitt wrote:
According to buddy list he hasn't been on fumbbl for 13 days. It would indeed suck if we lose a coach already Sad.
Still at least the chaos are down to 10 players for the next game Wink
--

Just to be fair I'd like to remind that fumbbl was down for six days, therefore making him absent for only 13-6= 7 days.
Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

dr_scitt wrote:
Btw, Tyrant, do you intend to change the deadline/redlines due to the large fumbbl outage?

I don't think we need that much of a Change if any, almost all 1st round games have been played, and some of the second round ones have either been scedruled, or are being set up. but that is my opinion, so I will leave it at that
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think once more people notice fumbbl is working again, the remaining matches will be played. Looks like most of the Grudge League coaches are very active.

We'll see the situation after a couple of days.

Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now 5 matches need to be played. It would be nice if we could keep the schedule as it is. So im urging all coaches to get their games done. That being said, if the redline is passed and more than 2 games still need to be played, I will postpone the redline/deadline 5 days.

But if only 1 or 2 matches need playing I will keep the redline/deadline, PM's should still be sendt at redline, but i will slack a little on the redline rules so matches wont be forfeitet untill deadline. (so coaches who didn't notice that the site was back up and missed the redline will still have the possibility to send me a PM and play their games).

Ok..maybe that was a bit confusing...
bottom line: When the redline is passed, if you havn't play your game, send me a PM.

I will then reply: 1) have i recieved a PM from your opponent 2) what the situation is, how you can play your game.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
Another dwarf side of mine retired, sorry.

I start, throw thousands blocks, nothing, he Just blocks and kills. Seems to happen to all of my dwarf sides. Next dwarf team of mine I'll have to start with an apoth.

Im a bit puzzled as to why you just gave up on your dwarves so quickly and left the tournament. Question
But hey...if you felt they had no chance of recovery, then I wont argue that.

good luck in future tournaments.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

that's the so called "looser attitude".
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It does seem a shame. True losing a runner in the first game is tough going but the match was still in the first half and could have still been won.
I'd imagine every team is going to lose players before the first tournie had finished.

Still I'm not going to complain too much about a dwarf team retiring Smile . Those tough beardies scare me!
Drud

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, guess I have to agree with dr_scitt. I just feel sorry for the rest of that Division's teams...
I lost a runner (or was it a blitzer?) in the first game with my first Dwarf team, but they played on. I actually lost him BEFORE the first game... he was killed by a rock. For my second game, I had 9 Long Beards and a Runner... But the team is fine now, after only a couple more games.
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

NEWZ FROM DA NULN DIVIZION

The game between the G&M Servants and the GS Zpackerz, the much awaited orcland derby, was played!
G&M showed up a stronger running game, led by their MVP, the #6 Trekker (a name, a destiny!) and a patrol of very efficent blockers, while the Zpackerz had to rely much more on their airpower to get the ball running; only the time will tell us if the Zpackerz inability to run in the middle was due to the very strong individualities the G&M line or to deeper gameplan problems. We heard a voice from Tekta, best Zpacker today , about that: "Ve Juzt Ver Fazter 'n' Pret (Favo, their Thrower) iz da Bezt".
In fact it seems that the proud thrower started the game on the scrimmage, front of a G&M troll, to win his team confidence, though it's helemet microphone registered something like "Vat'z him kikin' i Vas here to the tozz....."
The match begun with a very explosive GS drive but in the midgame the G&M took the inercia and controlled the ball against a defence that was pressing almost but not there.
Only in the last minutes of the game (during strange interferences in the game environment) the Zpackaz were able to score the 2-2 tie.
This was the very first tie in the Grudge League history, and rumors are spreading about the "friendly" environment in which it developed...
A battle between two teams of orcs that choose the fight (both teams did not field permit any goblin) ended without any medical intervention and without injuries.
AND as a tie.
We are all awaiting a comunicate from the Nuln coordinator or from the Commissioner himself to acclarate, because between this one and the withdrawn team of dwarfs in this very same division there is the risk of a credibility crisis that would affect the ticket sells and the merchandising.

From Nuln, that's all.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, as my team has 0 matches played: is it possible for me to click "retire team" to change my players' names, then reapply the team through the fumbbl obscenity name check?

If not, it's not that important. I just thought about renaming a couple of the players for personal reasons.

Jump to: