29 coaches online • Server time: 06:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Drud

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell me which players, and I'll try to injure them enough for you to feel all right about exchanging them with new ones (with the new names) Smile
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Due to recent drama in the Nuln Division, the division coordinator Jean-Pierre Habermas released this press comment:

"The sudden departure of the dwarven team: Mazarbul Protectors, came as quite a shock to me. Never in my 13 years with bloodbowl have i seen a dwarven team back down from a challange and just quit. This will have consequences as I will strive to make sure that my division runs smoothly from now on. I have already layed off the dwarven team recruiter who recruited the Mazarbul Protectors and will make sure that next year a more qualified recruiter takes his place.
As for the rumors surrounding the all-orc matchup between the G&M Servants and the GS Zpackerz. I can guarentee that that these two teams hate eachother as much as the rest of the teams in this league. I simply think these rumors spawned because of the high casualty rate of our first two games (3 deaths amongs them), and our crowd has gotten used to high violence games. No doubt these orcs will meet again some day and bodies will get mangled...i'll guarentee it!
This match was simply the result of these two heavily armoured orc teams being resilient enought to take all the punishment coming at them.
Lastly i want to appigize to the teams in the Nuln division, because now they will miss out on the experience they could have gained from playing the Mazarbul Protectors. But I firmly believe that the these teams have the quality to overcome this little bump in the road."

Well there you heard it folks, from Jean-Pierre Habermas, a coordinator in the hot seat!

Last edited by Tyrant on %b %31, %2005 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
BTW, as my team has 0 matches played: is it possible for me to click "retire team" to change my players' names, then reapply the team through the fumbbl obscenity name check?

If not, it's not that important. I just thought about renaming a couple of the players for personal reasons.

we'll i guess theres no problem in that.
Just send me a PM when your done..

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuln Division Coverage:

Replying to speculations that the Swiftfoot family may have reacted to the poor first game from Avelorn Talons by bribing the Mazarbul Protectors into leaving the tournament, Efrain Swiftfoot told reporters:

"I have no comments whatsoever."

Several players of Mazarbul Protectors testified yesterday to the DOBC Rules Commission that they had received significant sums from Swiftfoot Shipping Inc for not playing in the Nuln Division. However, as all four key witnesses committed suicide this morning the case has been dropped and the Commissioners have cleared Avelorn Talons of any wrong doings. The suicides were all done by the dwarfs tying themselves to huge rocks and jumping in the Nuln River.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyrant wrote:
Karhumies wrote:
BTW, as my team has 0 matches played: is it possible for me to click "retire team" to change my players' names, then reapply the team through the fumbbl obscenity name check?

If not, it's not that important. I just thought about renaming a couple of the players for personal reasons.

we'll i guess theres no problem in that.
Just send me a PM when your done..

That went rather smoothly. No need to send any PMs, as the team is still a member of the group.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
Tell me which players, and I'll try to injure them enough for you to feel all right about exchanging them with new ones (with the new names) Smile

Actually, once I got into it I switched the names of everyone in the whole team. Bring it on! Very Happy
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
That went rather smoothly. No need to send any PMs, as the team is still a member of the group.

Sweet!

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Rot For Long You Won't! head coach Zee saw the lizardmen take to the field. A giant Kroxigor, 4 musclebound Saurii and 6 tiny and speedy skinks, all in full health and glory. It seemed those dwarves could not be depended on as a good basher team. The weather started off bad, with a downpour covering the field. The Beast, To Rot Or Not? was quite confused by this, and spent the entire game simply pushing things around, unable to get a good grip on anything to hurt it. However, the rest of the team did not disappoint him as they performed admirably. Mneach managed to stun the right players with his new claws, while the beastmen kept the skinks in check. Last games star beastman, Ergy, was yet again on fire as he scored another touchdown and KILLED a skink in the process, while Muatrh managed to score twice to attain more attention from the Chaos Gods. Nurgle gifted Muatrh with Very Long Legs, so that he could keep up with the critters he faced and would face soon hereafter. Prymja had really really really rotten luck, and could not hold on to anything as his team struggled to work with the dice constantly hindering his efforts.

The reporters caught Ergy after this game, and he was quoted as saying "Those skinks don't know a thing about ball handling. Send them to my tent; I'll show them!" Realizing that he said the same thing last time, the reporters then went to talk to the other stars, namely Muatrh. "I do believe you will see a lot of- err... from me this season, now that I have these 'enhanced' legs. Do you want to touch them?" he said before the reporters ran off screaming.

With this victory behind them, Head Coach Zee looks onwards. He faces Wood Elves next, and he is slightly apprehensive. The team has not yet played a game, but on the other hand, that Treeman looks quite menacing and brutal. The team will have a tough task dealing with him on the field, though Mneach should be able to make the agile Wood Elves fear him. As for To Rot Or Not? ? Was there ever a doubt of his capabilities? He will soon start shedding blood in the name of Nurgle... bring the wood elves.

Man... once again I am 2 games ahead in a league... I guess I'll be waiting for a while.

Z
Aconite

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Undead team of Reclamation storm to an emphatic 3-0 victory against the Dark Elves, Underdark Saviors. In the process of the win, they also added a new Dark Elf zombie to their own startting line up.

See the match: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=704772

(Brad Osberg)
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

We are now down to only two matches needed to be played, which means we stick with the deadline/redline. And i believe these games will be played if coaches Reaper and Tesifonte notice that fumbbl is back online before the deadline (since the two other coaches are very active ones).
Nicely done all...by getting the games played so quickly Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a reminder...
The redline has passed for the first round of play which means all coaches still needing to play their round one games, should send me a PM to show they are still looking for a game (but because of the downtime i will not forfeit games at the redline, like stated in the redline rules).

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent has not been online for the last 18 days. In the other match-up, one of the players has not been online for the past 12 days.

In other words: peeps, time to check a suitable date for your round 2 matches and ask if it's ok with your opponent. We don't want to see any concedes because of the redline rule.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyrant, I have sent you a pm concerning the inactivity in the first rounds of the first tournament in the first season of Grudge league...it is not a good thing Very Happy

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

come on
he's offline 18d, didn't send pm didn't said he was in holliday->forfeit. Just move on. This guy WON'T make it in time. And what if, it's just a loss.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggestion is that in case the coaches in question do not show up online even a single time before the deadline, we might as well replace them. There should be lots of active coaches available, one has already contacted me via pm. Otherwise we will have to delay the rounds maaaany times because of one-two inactive coaches. Now, when the season is still young, we can still find replacement coaches. No one will want to join when all the other teams have hogged loads of spps.
 Jump to: