52 coaches online • Server time: 12:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
Karhumies wrote:

1 in 6 chance losing the game before it begins. Lovely. Must do rather well in the other 5 games, then.

If the alternative is retire him and play the match with no player (guaranteed loss) or a freebooter (will you ever be able to afford the replacment) then i would risk the niggle to save enough cash for replacing the vamp.
I mean think about it, you run a 1 in 6 chance ever turn of the vamp running into the dugout to get with the maidens as it is anyway.

If we are talking of a single match, then of course you should use him until you can replace him. You just mentioned "keep him" in an earlier post and I understood it so that you keep on and on and on playing with the fellow.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

that would just be crazy and asking to loose. i was replying to the question about making a new team or missing the match etc i just didn't bother to put in the quote.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. We all agree you should just use the niggler until you have money for new one. Smile

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, found out that if opponent is ko'd or injured, and you roll a bad kick, the ball goes to dug-out too. So if this happens, close the game and reload before the save-file is made from that point.

Or you will face the same thing as Nagrud's elf. He wondered alone in the field for the last 3 turns, without the ball...

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

same happened in my game, opponent just had to run in circles for 3 turns
Nagrud

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I should've won that match by 3-2. =P

I think this should probably be posted in the bugs forum, as it would be the same against any team that had no players left to field, but it's of course much more likely to happen here.

It's probably not that the ball goes to the dugout, it's just that it landed there because of the bad kick. I think. So basically, a touchback with noone to give the ball to = bad.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

UNLESS the touchback lands on opponent's half of the field. Then the ball will stay there and game can continue.

If the coach of a hurt player wants to be fair, he could place the ball in the middle of the whole pitch to reduce the possibility of a touchback.
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluffums is dead! victim of a crazed orc blitzer, the crown has now fallen to Son of Fluffums to carry on his fathers great work (luckily i got good revenue)
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, second game, General Sherman is steamrollereing ahead! only one win out of two, but the Orc has put a fist straight through Fluffems the werewolf's face, to allow for a cool three un-impeded touchdowns in the second half.

thanks to Jkaen for being a good spart and not conceding as soon as his only man died, even though it gave me time to score enough to win 3-2

Good game, hope you can recover soon!

"Best Bar in This Street"
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
UNLESS the touchback lands on opponent's half of the field. Then the ball will stay there and game can continue.

If the coach of a hurt player wants to be fair, he could place the ball in the middle of the whole pitch to reduce the possibility of a touchback.

If your playerless opponant coach is kicking then the touchback matters not, give it to your guy and run for the line. when you kick to the empty field then hope it stays somewhere, anywhere ON the pitch.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
Karhumies wrote:

If your playerless opponant coach is kicking then the touchback matters not, give it to your guy and run for the line. when you kick to the empty field then hope it stays somewhere, anywhere ON the pitch.

Yup. Got a bit mixed up at some point. Anyway, feel free to use the whole pitch to your advantage, not just the opponent's half when placing ball for yourself.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Count Duckula's Bio has been modified. He has won three matches so far: Mino, Wardancer and Kroxigor. All 2-1.

Okay Blitz-Ra, bring it on! The Count is not afraid of you!
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting Game, turn 1 Blitz. PoW.... KO troll slayer walks in for the score, Ref spots Illegal weapon opponent banned for the rest of the game.

he didn't even get to move his player....

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

play until you can afford to replace him
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now almost played full game lenght when calculating both two first games, almost. This time my freebooted goblin died on fair block coming from nasty bull centaur. But no worries, next game will be again with freebooted gobbo, of coz I was left 10k short on buying ogre Smile
 Jump to: