27 coaches online • Server time: 09:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

A superior idea that so far no one else here has mentioned: don't play Necros or Chaos Dwarves! LMAO! Especially with a rookie rat team. Damn. No wonder you have a horrible casualty ratio. You notice a trend in the 3 games you played? Skaven did 3 BH, the other two teams did 10 between 'em.

My advice, after playing 50+ games with 3 or 4 Rats team, would be to avoid potential team-killers. I.e. any type of Dwarf, Orcs, or Norse. Early on those will bring you to your knees. Play Rats, Humans, Elves, etc. until you can score reliably in 2 or 3 turns. Once you have some skills, then go into the deep water. Another good idea is to get a dirty player ASAP and foul the life out of anything that could hurt you. I wouldn't do it at random, cuz that'll make people want to kill you, but go after that block/tackle/MB Blitzer or any other DP. Maybe a Claw on a Stormvermin...make the other guy react instead of you. If he's stalking your killer Storm or your vicious DP, he's not gonna have the resources to stop your insane Gutters too. booyah!

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
-11Cas in three games, is this normal for Skaven?

No. One would expect more actually.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

With their low av and normal agility, Skaven have the most trouble against the high av strength teams. If they are smart, those teams will continuously put tackle zones on as many of your players as they can. Unlike elves, Skaven can't really dodge away, and they don't have the strength to bash them away.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what the big deal is. You still are going into your next game with 11 players. Ive been in worse situations. Maybe that isn't your point though.

Jeffro
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at the bottom of this list of games to see what a truly vicious set of cas-games can look like. In the last 7 matches, I cause a combined 3 cas. In return, I suffer 26 (-23 in that span), including two niggles and 10 RIP, 7 perm. Not vs vicious chaos or even other skaven with claw mutations or the like, but rather elves and undead (not even mummies--they didn't get a single cas that game, while the wights and zombies racked up 5).

Now come complain to me about having suffered 10 BH in a 3 game span and see the tissue I hand you to cry with...

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I don't know what the big deal is. You still are going into your next game with 11 players. Ive been in worse situations. Maybe that isn't your point though.

The point was "Am I a bad coach when it comes to defending my rats or is it normal for Skaven coaches to be maimed like this"? I just wanted to know if I'm bad at protecting my rats or if I'm just a regular Skaven player.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the general consensus has been that it's fine. You've probably had a little bad luck to get so many but you've still got 11 players so don't worry.

The time you start worrying is when you've only got 1 GR on the pitch, til then, life is beautiful because with some careful play you should be able to secure the ball and/or have a good chance to score at almost any time from anywhere on the pitch.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Once I saw a Skaven team with +25 Cas in 4 games!

Their game history was hilarious! Not even me cheerypicks that way! Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My Unranked Skaven team has +0 cas after 45 games or so.
Very Happy

They like to fight back even vs Orcs Smile

And they are full roster and injury free Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
The point was "Am I a bad coach when it comes to defending my rats or is it normal for Skaven coaches to be maimed like this"? I just wanted to know if I'm bad at protecting my rats or if I'm just a regular Skaven player.

It's hard to say without actually watching one of your matches. A high cas rate could be due to either bad luck or bad coaching. With a low av team, you are certainly going to have an ugly run of cas every now and then. The one skaven team that I have used averaged a little over two cas per game against it.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Rats break. Your basic linerat has AV 7, which means that every time he gets knocked down, whether it's from a block or from tripping over a piece of loose fur, he has a 42% chance of getting hurt, then a further 17% chance of suffering a casualty. Extending, every time your linerat falls, there's a 7% chance of suffering a casualty. That's 1 in 14, give or take. How many times do your linerats get hit in a game? Probably a lot considering they aren't agile enough to dodge away and not strong enough to be on the offensive. Passers and Gutters too, although at least gutters have the ability to get away from the pile better. Accept that linerats break, make sure you have money to replace them, and hopefully you'll get some of them block to help them stay on their feet better.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, with linerats, you can't really expect any more than one skill. Sure, you'll see the occasional linerat get 3 or more skills, but those are the exceptions...what you don't see is the 5 or 6 linerats who died/retired before ever seeing 16 spp for every one who makes it to 31. Which makes it all the more tragic when you lose a 31+ spp linerat, as you know it'll be a long time in replacing him. Gutters fall, they can get back to 31 spp in just 4 or 5 games, less if you really try.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've built two skaven teams so far and none of them reached 5 matches, because they've been bashed to pulp. Actually they couldn't reach the five matches even together. AV7 is cursed - and not just for me as I see. The only way to avoid heavy casualties is killing Nuffle, and taking over his place.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

SixFootDwarf wrote:
A superior idea that so far no one else here has mentioned: don't play Necros or Chaos Dwarves!

... avoid potential team-killers. I.e. any type of Dwarf, Orcs, or Norse...

Sorry. I just noticed this. I'm all for everyone playing the game their way and all but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Every time someone writes something like this, a puppy dies. Don't kill puppies. Don't be like this.

Carry on.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

why? because it´s bad? you know..like..universally bad? or because it´s not the way you would play?

Come on BMM, give some reasons. Wink

M
 Jump to: