51 coaches online • Server time: 23:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill should he pick
Foul apperance
35%
 35%  [ 21 ]
Spikes
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Very long legs
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
something else
37%
 37%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 59

Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

if your talkin about that -st one then yes just needs to select the skill for the gutter

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Picking FA on this kind of player would be one of the worst wastes of a skill that I have ever seen.

Nah. Don´t forget that troll with leader Wink

I would go with FA. Make him annoying as hell with block passblock divingtackle sidestep.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Horns Block Tackle would be my choice...
Pmg

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

FA sounds like an horrible option for a st3 gutter, what a waste. I would go horns without hesitating, but even VLL or BH would be a better option. 31 for fa and passblock with no block in such a valuable player (st+double)???? NO WAY.
Zarathustra

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Horns...
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the roll you envision for him...

Blitzer? Horns, hands down...as said before, can't rely upon the other gutters getting another double...

Scorer? VLL, followed up by sprint and then horns on another double...a OTS who doesn't dodge his way to the endzone, he plows THROUGH defenders to get there...

Ball retrieval? Big hand, followed up by strip ball THEN block/tackle, horns on another double...

Not commonly seen, but incredible annoying? Prehensile tail, to go along with block/sidestep/shadowing/tackle...(note...NOT diving tackle, you want to follow along and make maximum use of that tail giving -1 dodge, tackle preventing dodge free rerolls...)...the str 3 means he has to commit more assists to getting you off, especially elven catchers and the like...

The FA/passblock route is always viable for gutters, but I would hesitate to use the str 3 guy in such a manner. You don't need strength to intercept passes, so when you have strength it's best to make use of it...

And the ultimate piss-off factor? Give him claw, to be followed with rsc at a later date...then play him as a very mobile linerat...I can tell you from personal experience, if you put claw/rsc on a gutter, it drastically changes the entire gameplan of your opponent, often in ways you can anticipate and take advantage of...there's just something about the combination of skills on a mv 9 agi 4 player which scares the bejeebers out of the other team...don't know why... Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading what many have said I'd either go for VLL or horns.
VLL to make him a scorer/VERY mobile blitzer or horns for 'just' a blitzer.

Probably horns I think. Scoring potential never was a problem with rats...

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, let's be serious...
Horns? With the team I've seen, 2 dauntless gutters, it would be a waste.
FA is very interesting as it will help that gutter to get to the next level... alive!
To blitz a st3 gutter with FA, dodge and eventualy block will be such a pain is the a.. for the opposition. THe blitzer in question would need greater strenght or support and tackle to be efficient. And also luck, to not get 1 on the dice.

Ask AFK_Eagle, he's been playing a lot with skavens lately, and take a look at his gutter Shinai from Weapon Masters team. FA is amazing. And Shinai doesn't have st3...

Gutters are so precious, +st players also are, sogive the lad some extra protection, would you?
Uber

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for FA, Block, Side Step. All of these make him harder to block and ultimately a great ball carrier. Most people don't realize that the chances of making vs. failing a 2 dice block(assuming no dodge or tackle on attacker) are 55.56% vs. 44.44%, which makes a push a very likely result. If you have your opponent blow away his re-roll on FA, if not stopping the block altogether, your chances of being left standing are much higher. Strength is a great protection since it makes 3 dice blocks much harder to get on him. What I'm suggesting also peaks early and doesn't require any other doubles to reach maximum effectiveness. Block, Side Step and Pass Block make great addition to such a player. I would get FA for the purpose of making him an interceptor of any kind, but just for its defensive function.

Last edited by Uber on %b %28, %2005 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Patonius2000

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

horns, develop him as blitzer, he already has claw
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

he has just picked claw Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

he sure has Embarassed
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Twist everything around so that you develop your gutters to blitzers and stormvermin as ballcarriers. You are almost there already anyway Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it's getting close =)

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i would go for a killer with Razor sharp claws
 Jump to: