67 coaches online • Server time: 22:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually I give Kick to my fastest skilling Lino. Besides Block and Tackle there isnt much most linos can take anyway. So after i have skilled a solid LoS i choose kick

Basically 1 Lino rolling normal skill on second skill roll

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

<troll>Let's face it. Kick skill is broken! Why? It lets make less touchbacks, let's you aim the kick better and well, HAS NO NEGATIVE SIDE-EFFECTS! Nerf kick.</troll>

To the point.

Depending on the team I'm playing, kick comes somewhere between first and second DP, sometimes even later, sometimes never. I don't have it on high priority? Why? Because in most cases I get to use it twice a game, sometimes less, sometimes more. Overall, it has a little use, kinda like dauntless against str3 team.

Being able to position ball closer to one of the corners isn't that great advantage. At worst it will still be touchback, at best it might delay your opponent by a turn, if you are very very lucky, maybe two turns. A good player can prepare for the kick, and should, and can effectively negate the effects of kick by good player positioning. Of course, real blood bowl tactics make no sense when we enter elf world.

My hint to the original poster: Get DP. Learn to foul. Screw elves. Kick can come later.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In a developed team with a large choice of players, I sometimes have difficulties to decide, if I put the player with just kick on the field, or another one with block or guard or the dirty player git. While the kicker can greatly improve the initial situation, the other ones are of more value later in the drive.

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, those are the decision we skaven coaches need not to make. Our kicker, guard, block-linos die inevitably.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick wins games, enough said. I usually give it to my runner or thrower or whatever i know i won't put on the line of scrimmage. Accurate/strong arm/block/ safe throw yada yada combo.. who the f*ck needs a thrower that is THAT good? i think he can have kick as first skill, wins alot of games, close to you vs quick teams, far away vs bashy teams. Also gives your thrower/runner some less attention, since he isn't THAT good.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

One of my halflings got two doubles. While I gave him hmp on the 1st he got kick on the 2nd. So he became as beneficial on defense as on offense.

Korenn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

hmp?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hail Mary Pass

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If I 'm coaching a fast team, my first lineman picks are always DP then kick. with a deep kick you get a decent chance to end a slow opponents offense before it even starts. It's the single best skill you can have against slow teams if you play a fast team. When I play lizard teams I go kick then dp for my first skink doubles. Kick is just ridicilously good on a lizard team.