49 coaches online • Server time: 00:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankie

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever thougt about building up a non-bashy chaos or rotter team? Many coaches' skill of choice is claw/rsc but giving two heads, nerves of steel, accurate and such skills to the players could make the game much funnier - not to mention that they might have more games... Nurgle's Rotters are especially good against elves thanks to foul appearance and break tackle and pass block maybe with tentacles for the rotters can be very effective. Enough of praying for interceptoins and double ones! What do you think?
Jasonian

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah if i wanted to do 2 heads/extra arms/etc id get a skaven team. Much better suited for that sort of thing.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I had such a team and it did quite well, but I had to retire it for the following reasons:
1) I couldn´t stand up against true bashers.
2) Non-Bashy teams still wouldn´t play me, because most elven-coaches have a reflex, that types "no, thx" when ever the eyes read a challenge from a chaos team.
3) Elves, skaven and passing humans, who actually bother looking at my rooster, still won´t play me, because they rely on passing which is shut down by my foul apperance and they don´t have the power to play a running game. So they decline the match.
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=158519

i suppose all the gaurd and block would be considered bashy though...
i do want shadowing for the tackle/tent warrior though

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

A chaos team can manage without claws. I play chaos in Faction and therefore it´s very important for me to get my games. So I don´t take claw/rsc because of this simple fact. There are other good skills out there like dauntless, frenzy, big hand, tentacles and foul appearence ti mention a few. Fill your team with guard and the opponent will get the feeling that he´s playing against an entire team of str4. Not sure if you can make an effective passinggame with chaos though but it would be a great challenge.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there are brutal and semi-brutal variations. But I'm talking about teams that provide challange for teams like Juzam Jinns and the likes. If those elven coaches think their team is so tough, they should play the ball-playing and defending-expert chaos! Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

But they won´t!
Have 2 tentacles on your CW and 2 passblock FA beasts couples with 2 other FA beasts and elves will avoid you.
Frantisek

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally, must applaud any coach who elects to choose a skill or mutation other than claw/rsc.
There are just too many coaches out there that follow the same robotic program and make nothing but heavily clawed teams.
And you just have to love the coaches who make the claim "I have a balanced chaos team" and they are refering to 4 or 5 claw players and one with foul appearance.
Sure, claw and rsc are great for hacking up the competition but what about creating a team that has a sense of individuality?
Show some finese already!

Take for example this up and coming beastman of nurgle who is quickly passing his way through the record books with a dazzling 20 completions in 28 games! Brains over brawn!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=962635
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Rotters have it hard, - their good against elves, - which is why few play are willing to play them. Unfortunately, the rotter team has no apothacary for more than half the team, - which usually results in any players that have mutations, - dying really quickly. If you want a team full of guard, then go for dwarves or chaos dwarves, - their much better suited for that sort of playing style. Or lizards, - much more strength than a chaos team can muster with 7 guys str4+.

Yes, you could give accurate or nerves of steel to chaos, but unfortuantely, your now running into the problem with chaos having ag3 players with no access to pass skills. you'd be wasting a double to get skills that other teams, like humans, get on normal rolls, - which doesn't work either for any team in the long run. Your beast with pass and accurate is very nice and took two doubles to get to his position, but compare it to any backup elf thrower, and he'll be sorely outclassed.

Skaven go much better with the mutations that your suggesting. They have gutter runners that can compete with any wood elf catcher, cheap linos, and some pretty decent blitzers. Add in a few foul apperances to the mix and you have a team that has decent defence, and has a nasty passing game
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the process of building up a Chaos team at the moment. I find the uberbashy style of game very dull, so I'm going for a running game (as opposed to a grinding game). I expect I'll probably end up with plenty of guard/foul app players.

Attempting a passing game is probably pushing it too far, but Chaos can do lots of things other than simply kill stuff.

Oh, and I'm avoiding buying a BG too for the moment. At this point (still a young team) I'm better off wth another Beastman on field. Will probably hire a Troll at some point, a nice big target might come in handy.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=163488

Possible and fun.

Peace,
Syndrome057
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@syndrome:
Not difficult to make a not-so-bashy chaos-teams with so much doubles&+stats. Just curious.. do elves play you?

@deathgerbil:
Why do you want a passing game? A solid running game is much more siuted. I just takes sure hands on one or two and with extra arms you will catch a handoff on 2+.
Just chose skills that enable you chaos to defend against 11 fielded elves - YES! that´s possible.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, but that requires luck that most teams won't ever see. I think I saw 27 skill ups. of the 27, there are 6 stat increases (2 +str's!!!), and 5 more doubles.
celas

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard: Don't choose shadowing for Tents/Tackle CW. You can only use tentacles OR shadowing in the client.

EDITED to prove I know that shadowing is spelled "shadowing," not shawdowing.

Last edited by celas on %b %02, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I take block/guard/tackle or MB

Ten Claw and FA

And play tourneys in R

good trick. he he
 Jump to: