22 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
@syndrome:
Not difficult to make a not-so-bashy chaos-teams with so much doubles&+stats. Just curious.. do elves play you?

Well, my humans are not elves but... I did.
And I must admit: I would challenge him with elves too. Non CLAW/RSC Chaos is just as fun as any other opponent except Chaos Dwarfs. Claw/RSC and Chaos Dwarfs are broken... while all other races and skill choices can be countered. So why not play a mutated Chaos?

EDIT: I am not writing this post because I won. I am writing this post to testify that it was a fair balanced game, it was not one-sided and both coaches could win. What else do you look for, when on gamefinder???

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO it simply doesn't work that way. I developped my chaos around my 2 passblocking beastman and the only mutation i picked until now is FA. Didnt even take Mighty Blow so far, yet games against non bashy, let alone passing teams are a major exception.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep.. and that´s because most elven coaches are picky like hell Sad

Unfortunatelly I can understand that, because when I look for games with my elves, I get more offers from bashers than from other teams.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic... wouldn't you accept a challenge from Syndrome057's Chaos?

I think you would. The fact that most elven coaches are picky is not an excuse for ALL elven coaches, imho...

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think taking claw or rsc on a double is a waste unless you're going for the most broken combo in the game. Claw is definitely a more popular pick over RSC, but by itself it's not really better than mighty blow. So if you can take mighty blow on a normal roll, why not save the doubles for more interesting skills? What's cool about Chaos is the variety of ways they can be built. Here's a list of alternative solutions:

Block/Dodge/Foul Appearance
Prehensile Tail/Tackle/Side Step
Tentacle/Stand Firm
Spikes/Thick Skull
Big Hand/Leap
Very Long Legs/Sure Feet
Two Heads/Dodge
Nerves of Steel/Extra Arm
Dauntless/Horns
Pass/Accurate

Frenzy is a also skill that is too often overlooked by chaos, and it's especially great for beastmen who don't have to worry about assists with their horns. Speaking of horns, I don't think I've ever seen a chaos warrior with them, but it wouldn't be so bad. A horn multiblock blitzer would surely be fun to play.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@Jan:
Well, I would play syndrome´s chaos. But I´m not sure if I would look at his rooster if he is the 6th chaosteam asking for a game while the other 5 were loaded with DP/claw/MB/RSC.

@uber:
The combos you name all need 2 doubles for chaos. That´s very unlikely for the average player to get. Claw is THE best dmg-amp in this game. It brings orcs down to the lvl of skaven and we all know how easy the rats break. In addition it stacks with Mighty Block or RSC for the injuryroll. But there are different ways to build chaos for sure.

Just look at my first ranked chaos-team. The claw on the chaos-warrior was a rookie-mistake - just replace it with tentacles in your mind. Also add in the latest RIP of the team, a block/tackle/surehands beastman (read comments on the last game of the team if you want to know what happend).

There you have your alternative chaosteam that can defend against 11 elves.
DonKosak

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll show you Syndrome's rooster next time it crows.
Sorry - couldn't resist the temptation... Wink
Mephist

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Try to beat this team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=98774

No ng, 4 +ST, 4 +AG and more...
Emphasy

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the development of this Chaos team, no claw, rsc or dp and still manage to have positiv cas:)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=75195
Nordmark

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mephist wrote:
Try to beat this team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=98774

No ng, 4 +ST, 4 +AG and more...

That´s just lucky. But I´m very envious Very Happy

Emphasy wrote:
I like the development of this Chaos team, no claw, rsc or dp and still manage to have positiv cas:)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=75195

Don´t forget the past players. Might give you a hint. But 187 games with a chaos team and never taking DP. That´s impressive, or smart depending on how you look at it.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, plz don´t turn this into a "I don´t need claw/RSC/DP cuz luck stuffed me stats-increases up my !&§"-bragging thread.

We are discussing the viability of non-bashy chaosteams with average skillrolls. Everyone can do good if he is lucky enough.
tane

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Franchise of Chaos: Fairly typical non-typical (if you know what I mean), mainly replacing claws with foul appearance. Still, better and more fun than the multiclawed teams.

Say Moo: What's different about this team? I count four players with claw in addition to the bunch of lucky stat increases and the other typical skills. Boring.

Evil Species: Indeed a very good example of a different kind of Chaos. Played them once, loved it (although I lost).

However, what do you do when you don't roll doubles or get stat increases? Pick Block and then Guard/MB/Tackle/DP the same way everyone else does? That won't make your Chaos or Rotters any different. How about Pass Block, Sure Hands or Strip Ball? All of them skills related to the ball in one way or another. Relying on a couple of doubles to make your team stand out while taking the same normal skills as everyone else is a little questionable...

Out of the 41 skills rolls I've rolled on my Rotters (a very experimental team) 5 have been doubles. A little less than expected. Tentacles for a rotter, 2x FA for beastmen, Thick Skull as a joke for a beastman who niggled from aging (first and only skill) and was fired at the same time, VLL for a +AG beastman (who later died). Not that many stat increases either. Still, I think you'll find it's not your typical Rotters :)

I've had some variety in the opponents I've faced with those Rotters, but the race they've faced the most is Dwarves. Followed by Orcs and Chaos...

-tane
Webbe

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

tane wrote:

Say Moo: What's different about this team? I count four players with claw in addition to the bunch of lucky stat increases and the other typical skills. Boring.

Depends what you mean, boring to look at, unoriginal and not fun to meet, ok. But they sure aren't boring to play. Especially as it's my only chaos team and I use a very diffrent playstyle than I'm used to.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=168631

This is my try to make a "non-bashy" chaos team therefór i only got 2 mb ( 1 on mino ).
Quote:

Guys, plz don´t turn this into a "I don´t need claw/RSC/DP cuz luck stuffed me stats-increases up my !&§"-bragging thread.

We are discussing the viability of non-bashy chaosteams with average skillrolls. Everyone can do good if he is lucky enough.

Well all teams need just a little luck with stats... As if you wouldnt take a +st on a team or +ag etc... It happens for all teams, why not take em and make your team better?
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What's "non-bashy"? Does a Block/Gaurd/Tackle all around (before any Mighty Blow) Chaos team that takes Foul Appearance as doubles count as "non-bashy"?

If so, that team is *extremely* viable.