43 coaches online • Server time: 00:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, I would take the stats, but then I wouldn´t show the team as a prime-example how to make a chaosteam without dmg-enhancing mutation. That´s what I wanted to say with this quote.
Doowa

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

a friend of mine had a chaos team with DT on CWs and tentacles and stuff like that. Very fun team and did quite well. Dunno if he's deleted it, his coach name is quota.

My rotter team is a ball team as well, though I got tempted when rolling double on a rotter, so I have 1 claw... sry Razz Else it's Big Hand and SF on the few doubles i've had so far. Big Hand is so lovely IMO.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well compared to a lot of elf teams my chaos got less mb, only got 3 players with av9 so they are hurt the same like most HE, DE, Humans etc and no dp...

Less agile than the Elfs and got less bashy skills.. sure i got some tackle but no dodgers on my team so no need for my opponent to have tackle, my players goes down

I had FA on my team, but i use tentacles for defense like other agile teams got DT, blodge, sidestep... just to hold them not hurting which DT in fact can (should it be a bashy skill then?) ive seen, well not a lot, but some kills and si tripping on a dt..

I even got pass block on a CW, just beacuse a lot dont expect it, hehe..

Dmg-enhancing mutations = ? becides claw and rsc/rsf
Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i have a non bashing chaos team(just gave one beastman RSC before deciding not to give bashy skills) and i have only little probs to get games, even with elfes. But for my team its the same problem CircularLogic wrote about, i have only little chance in facing Bashy Ork or Chaos Teams and vs. Elfes or something its also hard because i cant hit hard enough. So it became my ranked team with the worst stat. But anyway, its fun cause you get more games.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=119224
Synn

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I find that the most enjoyable games occur when teams have players developed beyond what you normally see....

I like those uber punchy dark elf teams that have been all the rage now.... Hell.... some of them have more MB then my goats.

Most teams are constrained by their stats. Hard to find a real sleek orc team since their throwers are ma 5, and a large chunk of their team is ag 2.

just remember..... a woodelf lino with MB has the same chance of injuring an opponent as any other guy with MB. Laughing

__Synn
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My Rotter team Ugly Spawns of Foulness never took claw or rsc at doubles. But that resulted in a zero casuality difference after 32 matches.

Sorni

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What strikes me as peculiar is how little relevance this thread holds for the likes of me: people are regularly discussing the claw/rsc vs. FA/tentacle approach, seemingly ignoring that any such discussion predicates upon the ability to roll DOUBLES Smile I have not rolled a double the last 30-40 skill rolls (the admins would be able to verify this), although I have rolled 2 or 3 +AG. What's the probability of rolling a double anyway?(i'm no mathmatician).
origami

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1 out of 6 skills rolls will be a double.
Shaggy

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I love chaos. they can develop into pretty much any direction you want, though they require alot of work and doubles. Theretically, you can build up positional players. I like to make my CWs as evil bashy as possible and build up the BMs into my offensive playmakers. Ofcourse i want block, guard, and tackle on em all. Throw in some foul app and you got a very effective team. But again i say, it takes alot of time, patience, and doubles to get em off their dead @$$es. My Fumbbl Chaos are far from where they need to be skillwise. They need to borrow a ladder to get out the hole they're in. Smile
Have patience and they can be devastating.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My nurgle team, the Itchy Itchies, never took claw or rsc (except for the beast, who took claw). They got off to a great start, but have found themselves losing heavily at higher tr. The pass block/FA goats died (of course), and the team has no hitting power. Elves still dodge them like the plague, while true bashers tear right through them. If you build a ball-handling chaos team all you'll have is a second-rate ball handling team, just like dark elves would make second-rate bashers. If you want to play ball, you're better off sticking with elves and, to a lesser extent, humans. Unless you really want a challenge, of course. If that's the case, don't be like 90% of the teams listed in the thread... don't just play against soft teams!! If you dodge and pick your games well enough, any team can be a winner. Take on some orcs and dwarves. Don't be a punk.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

@CL

I know the combos I was pointing need some doubles, but I was suggesting them as claw/rsc alternatives. My main point was that Claw by itself is only marginally better than MB by itself. So unless you're going for the claw/rsc combo, which is the most broken skill combo in the game, it's a waste to take Claw when you can have MB on a normal roll and take something more interesting on a double. I wish I had an extra slot to make another ranked chaos team. Sad

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Southside Maulers are my attempt at a a fun chaos team rather than the usually claw/rsc stacked ones out there.

I've set up a list of races I'm gonna be playing, with the coach I've just played picking the next race to get put on the list.

Amazingly enough, they seem to get LOADS of gameoffers by claw/rsc stacked chaos teams, khemris and orcs, who can read the skills, but not the bio Wink
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos doesn't need doubles at all. +AG is a good help, but they don't really need that either.

Block all around, a LOT of Guard and a few Tackles. There, you're done. Chaos can easily field 11 Guards. Play conservative, cage, lumber upfield. You can outstrength the biggest bad boys out there (Orcs and Dwarfs) without any problem (trust me, the only teams my +ST squad of Dwarfs have played that have made them feel positively weak were Chaos teams loaded with Guard...).

If they can't break your cage (and with 4 ST 4 players, possibly a big guy and a large support squad that's Guard all around they're not going to), they can't win.

Beastmen are AG 3. Spread out your TDs (not too hard if you master the cage) and (theoretically) you will have a monstrous team. Without a single double.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I've created a non-bashy chaos team, but I still couldn't get any non-bashy teams to play them. Therefore, I switched back to elves.
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to specifically call someone out here.........

But if you are going to knock people for playing "soft races" then mabey it would be a better idea to make sure your teams are not playing teams down 20 or more on your TR. Try playing a team you think can beat you in the final score. Rolling Eyes

As to the topic and Chaos, Chaos is a team built around blitzers since every player can blitz at strength 4. Each time you roll doubles gives you a chance to add a missing piece. Two heads.... not you can blitz like an elf......

Big Hand... better then an elf at picking up the ball.....

I still wish hypnotic gaze was a mutation Very Happy

__Synn
 Jump to: