50 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

my WE team ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=33844 ) got some damage in its last game... two of the best players got niggled during the game, and after the game i got 3 skill rolls, of which two caused more niggles to the team... now im wondering what to do with them... 150k in the bank gives some possibilities to replace some players, but still the team feels kinda battered, and im feeling like retiring them. On the other hand, i like the team and i dont like giving up easily...

suggestions on development?
origami

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Play WE for any extended time and you will go through phases like this. It's just part of playing an expensive, low AV team. Sure, you could retire them, but they really aren't in all that bad of a situation. Woodies can easily win games even when starting with few than 11 players.

Low AV teams do much better at a low TR. Money is easier to come by and your opponents have less tackle - making your blodgers far more effective. Think of this as an opportunity to decrease your TR. I would advise retiring both of the mng, niggled players. That should decrease your TR by a good 50 points. Hire a new WD with your spare cash. Also, considering saving up for another RR or two. They definely come in handy when your WD is leaping around the field.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they're still playable. I wouldn't retire them until after the next game at least, see how much more damage they take in that.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you care of coach ranking retire.

Else remove big SPP counting players and cherry pick.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that team's in too bad a shape. Just play a comparatively soft game next time out, and see where you stand.

I'd keep the two niggled linos and use them as LOS-fodder until they either die or gain a second permanent injury. I'd keep the +ST catcher too, +ST is good enough that it makes a player worth keeping until the second niggle, IMO.

I'd definitely fire the wardancer and one-turner though. Actually, ignore what I said earlier about playing the next game, fire those two now and get a replacement WD. Those two players will really hurt you on your TR, particularly when they don't show up. (but still so even when they do) The OTS guy will be an SPP hog, too.

As somebody else said, elf teams go through these phases pretty regularly. Either you retire the team and start over, or you weather the storm until the next 'growth' cycle begins. Just depends how attached you are to the team, really.