43 coaches online • Server time: 18:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

dont be silly hail mary pass would be naff on a rat ogre clearly the best choice would be pass block....
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My original goal in 2 vs 2 tourney was actually Block, Tenticles and Big Hand... Just think of the RO blirzing down the pitch and picking up the ball on the way in a 2 player tourney.... Mmm.

Too many doubles though. Crying or Very sad

EDIT - Only managed the first 2 though..

Last edited by xen7ric on %b %12, %2005 - %19:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Vero

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty dirty player I think! (Take pro or block)
calon

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

BLOCK!!!!!
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well im going to go against the grain once again. Diving tackle would be absolutely perfect for him. Yes block is great and an obvious choice in one respect. But if you think how unimportant Big Guys are except bodies to take punishment then you coudl make him a real cause for concern for your opponent. Either that of Tentacles but still think Diving Tackle. turning a 2+ dodge away into a 5+ and causing a turnover. I like that idea alot.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

block
Pau

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
HAIL MARY PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kick.
Pravda

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

aha i now realize that he dont have access to general skills anymore....so pretty stupid question by me...tentacles is nice but i will go for the block as "quite a few" of you have pointed out... thanks for the advice folks.

I was for a second tempted to take kick just to see the reactions Very Happy
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering I've seen a mino with dirty player, nothing would surprise me anymore on skill selections for big guys. But considering the current version of the rules which say a BG does not get general skills anymore, then yes, block becomes the only really logical choice for long term development. Now, had this been a tournament team, that's a whole different story, and actually I would recommend claw in that instance. But ranked, block first. Trust me--I've played literally hundreds of games with skaven, fielded dozens of RO's, and the main difference between them being useful and being wasteful is block. Ogres/trolls/krox can at least move around easily enough, to impose tz's/assists. Mino's get horns to start, so their blitzes are nothing to sneeze at. RO's, since their price increase and agility decrease with general removal, have been hurt more than any other big guy. Block regains a certain amount of reliability.

So what do you do with a second double? That's a whole different question--many bloodthristy savages would quote claw/rsc, more gentle-folk would call for tentacles/FA, and practical people vote for tackle/pro. Personally, I'm a survivalist--I lose more RO's than is healthy for a skaven team. So I would go dodge/spikes, to enhance his small chances of remaining with the team for a while. Food for thought...

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Block
 Jump to: