59 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gumbi

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting guys, i shall medidate on what to do. I think giving him the ball seems to be the best option.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe you threw this open to everyone!!! What HAPPENS in the SWL, STAYS in the SWL....Oh man will the commish be annoyed by this breach!

Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a perfectly valid question, I have no idea how to beat the fast teams, if I want to be competitive in prem... with 2 sets of elves coming up.

Razz
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't say the question was without merit...just the audience you chose to ask it of Wink

Oh..and Mummies on the wing to slow the sweep...mark up everyone...bash like crazy..and don't over run your defense.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

gumbi you wimp, take your licks and smash them elves (while getting beaten) so I can thrash them...

Besides, anyone who wants to make it in the swl premier should take off the training wheels and show us all what they're made of! Wink
Brad

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak captures the true point in letting fast teams go first.

It Means that you get the critical 8th turn, and if you time your scoring correctly, he only gets 1 roll at the (rapidly amassing) KO's.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

For all coaches that have posted stuff like - "Go first and recieve and beat up his elves"
You cant do that, they all dodge away, and your mummys cant catch up, you will be left a blitz every turn, and if he is smart he'll pick off your skells 1 by 1.
Dont even try it - let him recieve and then go for the 2 - 1
It works
I have a 50 game old khem team, and every time i try to bash elf players it fails miserably, DONT TRY IT.
It will only work if your realy lucky and he fails a bunch of 2+ dodges giving you time to encircle his players, otherwise your screwed
And setup a deep defence of skells when you recieve, there is nothing worse than elfs swarming your back field and only having about 2 - 3 skells that can reach them

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why letting him score first works better. I really don't.

What stops him from swarming his elfs backfield after he's scored in two turns, and you've had a miserable ONE blitz to perhaps take an elf off?

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever i try to bash woodelves it doesnt work either, like today

my stuff 0/0/0

his stuff 3/3/1

Sad

Pushing result through now.
Topper

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

There isn´t that much difference between receiving or kicking.
Both ways results in a 2-1 win if it goes to plan.
Just remember that no matter what, you need a tight cage.
Mayby try to lure his players into a trap.
Finally as already mentioned above, don´t overrun on defence.
Zarathustra

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Blok, Foul, Behold the ball, score the touchdown on your 8's turn, try to take the touchdown quikly, then Block Foul Behold the ball and score on your 8's turn... u'll win 2-1 Smile
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

...or lose and take 7 cas Razz

Bad luck there Gumbi, i took a look at the replay and you did the right thing. The WE were on fire it seems.

M

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would receive first too. Hey it's easier to put pressure on an opponent when he is down 1-0 than up 1-0. You make more cas(you have the first round to hit and decide the way the game will go). A khemri down 1-0 after 4 turns vs elves is in a pretty hard situation.

Scoring quicker with elves vs khem is useless. Scoring slower is too dangerous for cas.

But then with good defense (hinder a cage), 4 turns aren't enough for Khem.

Second half becomes even harder for the Khem. He MUST score but not to quick or it's the 2-1 loss.

But starting first, bash, score 1-0. Half Two, the elf is under pressure:
or he scores quick endangering him for that 2-1 loss, or he scores slower to play a draw.

The assumption that letting score quick and then equalize and win 2-1 assume that you don't play an top elf coach. Versus a real good one, it's getting tougher being down at the start as when you lead.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Last rule: Khemris loosing +taking 7 cas from woodies just should retire.....

Especially when they made 0
 Jump to: