47 coaches online • Server time: 19:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a team I am very fond of but quite frankly, they need to retool and I think this is a case where dramatic is better then slow........

Which players should be cut, over how long a period, and what other changes are worth considering. I am thinking Hamburger and Cletus now, as well as a rr. eventually T-Bone. This team has a nice FF and has quite a few beastmen ready to develop into Goats.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=163488

Peace,
__Synn
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me see, you are considering sacking:

2 x +ST
2 x +AG
4 x Doubles

Besides one Niggling, theese three players are among the best in your team, and you are sacking them because you have lost you last five games, wich were all against Elves?

I can't consider myself an expert on fumbbl Bloodbowl matters, but this seems extremely strange to me. If it were a tabletop team, I'd say fire Rumptoast, and 1-2 rerolls along with your cash to get down in TR. Or save your cash and fire Cletus along with Rumptoast and the rerolls.

But then again, a noobish badge could be smacked on my forehead and not be out of place.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda love Hamburger...
(1) Hey, cool, I have Block!
(2) Yay, double, gimme Big Hand!!! Now I need sure hands, please
... and from there only doubles and AG+ Very Happy

To the matter: I'd go with Lamoron's 2nd though: ditch Cletus and Rumptoast as well as one or two rerolls and save to replace Cletus.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You loose vs elves?

I do not wonder they are better than your team in playing ball. Ok you have 3 tackle players and that's good+1 tentacle: good also. But let us face the truth:

You are Mr Niceguy.

Hell, wanna beat elves. Beat them, really.

Elves loves that much to spread up the game, were catching the ball is so easy. You spread the game? Here comes my DP!

Never let him play HIS game. It's yours. Add claws when you can. FA is great ok! but they can't be everywhere. Kill trash, force your opponent to close his ranks to avoid his pretty little players to suffer. Hit him hard. Take out the safe throw player then use effiencetly your AG 4 pass blocker.

Be nasty! You play Chaos after all!!!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and, keep Cletus!!!
Saxo

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Don’t let T-Bone go. He is awesome and very annoying when playing WE and other low av teams. T-Bone was for me the most dangerous player when you played my Dashing Dolfins and Billy Jo Bob an enormous nuisance. If I had to fire 2-3 players on your team I would go with Cletus, RumpRoast and My Cousin Jethro. I mention My Cousin Jethro because he doesn’t have block and it will take some time for him to get more skills. I would also prefer a mino instead since he can get tentacles.

Idi Amin on a live television broadcast
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

if you follow sk8bcn's advice your chaos team will look like most of the others in fumbbl. And maiming elves does not mean you will win against them. They will score against you even if they only have 7 players or less. Losing against elves is no shame, everyone knows they are best with the ball. As I am an elven coach myself I know what I am talking about. But still you have a team that "should" pull a win against elves 1 out of 3 or even better... without killing off the entire team.

But then it might be you are just a bad tactician (or worse than the other coach) or your dice suck.

I'd say: stick with versatality, there's more to doubles than claw and more claw

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Never, ever throw away rerolls! 6 is the perfect number, you should definitely keep them.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

u dont need 6 at high tr really and they do higher your tr alot

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to me the problem with losses against elves is not rooted in your skill selection on doubles. You lack guards. Any bashy team with plenty of guards can in principle win a game against elves 2-1 by playing a cage drive tactic. But a said, you need guard. Also against bashy teams by the way. Just keep the special players, though I would fire the Niggler, and go on playing your team.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Seems to me the problem with losses against elves is not rooted in your skill selection on doubles. You lack guards. Any bashy team with plenty of guards can in principle win a game against elves 2-1 by playing a cage drive tactic. But a said, you need guard. Also against bashy teams by the way. Just keep the special players, though I would fire the Niggler, and go on playing your team.

if you play a clever elves coach the game will end 1-1 most certainly or he will pull of a 1-0

your win is based on the thought that elves always score in 2 or 3 turns... but even elves can stall. Why should an elf score? Okay you will pulp my players. But you also pulp my players when I score fast. end of half 1 I lead 1-0. Now I only have to stop you from scoring. Really no biggy to stop a cage. I'll let you advance one square a turn or force you to score earlier so I can pull of a 2-1 with a two turn.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

All true. It's the classic clash between bashy/agility. Both scenarios are possible. The point is that Chaos teams can beat elves without killing them in the process. Whether it actually works is down to coaching skills and luck off course.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

there i agree fully Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

if you play a clever elves coach the game will end 1-1 most certainly or he will pull of a 1-0

your win is based on the thought that elves always score in 2 or 3 turns... but even elves can stall. Why should an elf score? Okay you will pulp my players. But you also pulp my players when I score fast. end of half 1 I lead 1-0. Now I only have to stop you from scoring. Really no biggy to stop a cage. I'll let you advance one square a turn or force you to score earlier so I can pull of a 2-1 with a two turn.

That's definitly why I think a killer chaos team is a pain for elves. An elven team can pass to almost whomever she wants. Not only is the catcher satnding there a danger but also the lineman. Any one can take the ball and make a pass: pass skill only spares you a reroll.

I ve played bashy vs agile a lot. I know what Sinner means. The longer you take to score, better it is. Basher don't like to be under time pressure. Score not to quick. Then kick deep and pressure him. That's good elven play. But when you are in tournament, you have other rounds to play. When the chaos team starts to crush your team, you dislike to stall. The reason is quite easy: ok it helps you to win but on defense you take away up to 3 guys to protect the ball and then 5 for a cage for a few turns.

Here comes the temptation. Score quick to avoid more cas. Exactely what you want as a chaos team. More time to score.

IMO to beat an elf you need him to play the way YOU WANT him to do. 2 FA...cooolll. the AG 5 catchers suffers -2, +1 for perfect pass so 3+: fails one time out of 9. tackle+claw: I m rather sure it's not the same story.

And I don't forget to mention that my claw helps for EVERY team I play against.

The only problem is you won't find games anymore. That's why you play tournaments.

But honestly Synn as you are ready to fire the DP and don't use it, I think you will never play that way.

ps: it's a pain for any elven coach to know that the 100 spps catcher blodgeNOS ag 5 +str whatever you want, will get hit by a tackler then fouled by a DP. Makes think twice to the coach to let him run deep
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! I really need to play more elf teams of coaches who think they can always win! I'm assuming that my dwarves won't get the games, but my humans or orcs would love to teach you a lesson or two! heck, my no-tree flings have tied a couple of elf teams (granted at extremely low tr Wink ) The game is not that unbalanced. I maintain that humans are the most skilled and can therefore COMPLETELY hold their own (realize this is a horrible hijack, but... sheesh)