45 coaches online • Server time: 01:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
monboesen

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

While all though who have posted so far have given you good advice you should stop and think for a moment.

Yes its good advice and will lead to a strong team.

Be aware though, that it will also lead to a team identical to most other orc teams on fumbbl. If thats what you want, OK go ahead.

You could also try other skills and combinations and see how that works out for you instead of doing what everyone else and their mother is doing already. Black orcs with break tackle, blitzers with sprint and sure feet. Who knows, that might suit your style of playing.

You can be pretty sure that a team build on the advice above will mostly get games vs. other bashers.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
First, get a troll better than an ogre.

Orcs can't get Ogres anymore. Naturally he should keep it. Rolling Eyes
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Pau wrote:

yes totally, because having a worse player just because noone else has it is a great idea! :rollpies:

Thank you for helping out and contributing to this thread instead of worthless posting a flame Smile

Last edited by Pau on %b %03, %2005 - %14:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My Ork team, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=113558 , is so cookie-cutter it's almost ludicrous. Smile

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
origami

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

A single frenzy BOB adds quite a bit to your team. Personally, I'd keep the niggled +AG, +MV, SF blitzer. He's a great player and you arent' likely to get another one like him any time soon. A single niggle on your team isn't a big deal, especially on a player like that.
Adar

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really care too much about skill choices, I am capable of making those choices myself (guard is my first priority at the moment, doubles go to guard, frenzy and diving tackle). What I want advice about is if I should fire some players, should I fire the thrower and the lineman directly, keep the lineman but fire the thrower, keep the thrower and replace the lineman with a new one or fire both players?

And the ogre definatly stays, he got block, is faster and is able to work without the support of another player. Having bone head rather than really stupid means that my ogre is capable of securing the middle of the field while all my BOs can move out to the sides and trap the opposition along the edges. He's a S5 player rather than a S5 speedbump with guard which trolls tend to be. The only advantage of a troll is that it is more survivable, being slightly less survivable means that the ogre got a greater chance of being forced off the team roster, firing him would have the same effect....

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Briefly, then: no, don't fire anyone except possibly for the niggling Blitzer. Fill up the team with a new thrower + linos, and when the new thrower has started to skill up, then you can think about firing the old one.

/johan

stormmaster1

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment the only problem is a high Tr compared to strength. I don't think you should get rid of any players just yet. A three skill lineman takes ages to develop and getting rid of your 2 ball handlers is definately not a good idea untill you have ready replacements. Why not just play a few games and see how some players develop. the team isn't in dire straits, your black orcs are well on the way to dominatine most LOSs and you only have one niggle. I'd only start firing players if you feel you're really struggling at your current rating. You've not got a full roster so it's not like you have excess players to fire (or the cash to buy new rookies). Both linemen look useful and as you've won 7 of the last 8 i assume you're good enough to give yourself a chance even if your star blitzer fails to show.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop worrying about TS, its a load of bull anyway and orcs are for some reason heavily undervalued by the formula. Yor team is easily as strong as most teams at about TR 230.

Your team looks strong and healthy, I might fire the niggle but mostly because its my policy, its not really neccesary.

If you have trouble winning games with this team I don't think its the players fault Smile (no slight intended)
xlars

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

For sure you can hire both wizards and stars, its in the rules and it wont give you a bad reputaion, not in my book anyway. If people dont look at your money and expect something like that its their own fault its not cheating. And I must agree with 5 RRs as max. I would fire the niggled players, Its just so anoying when they are not playing.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Firing developed players with single niggles is down to personal preference but everyone here seems to agree that there's no real issue with the rest of the team.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
Britnoth wrote:
Pau wrote:

yes totally, because having a worse player just because noone else has it is a great idea! :rollpies:

Thank you for helping out and contributing to this thread instead of worthless posting a flame Smile

Can't he hire the troll and keep the ogre? 0-1 trolls are allowed by the actual orc roster. The ogre is grandfathered, so he doesn't count.
With my Snotlings I can hire the new heros and keep my grandfathered spore flingers.

Adar

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Pau wrote:
Britnoth wrote:
Pau wrote:

Can't he hire the troll and keep the ogre? 0-1 trolls are allowed by the actual orc roster. The ogre is grandfathered, so he doesn't count.
With my Snotlings I can hire the new heros and keep my grandfathered spore flingers.

That would be brutal but it used to be 0-1 Troll or Ogre so I think that it isn't possible.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely not possibe. Just as you can't have a troll and a mino on a CD team.

/johan

LindsayD

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's only one Big Guy per team.

As a general point about orcs, it's sometimes handy to have a gobbo in reserve, that way you always have the option of Throw Team Mate - as unlikely as it might be to work - so opponents often field players deeper, allowing you to clean up the LoS. Also, when you're 2-1 down, turn 16, and your troll gets a 6 on the throw, it's a super nice feeling. (And almost makes up for all the time he spends drooling to himself in the centre of the pitch Wink )
 Jump to: