32 coaches online • Server time: 01:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sparta

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I just played my 9th game with my 1st [!] WE team ever. The last couple of games I fielded 9 players and thought "It will all be over soon, and I will be able to by new players".

Wrong.

Seems like I'm stuck with a team a bit short on players. So, what to do? Retire the team or give them a couple of games or what?

Team link

Maybe this is the usual story for WE teams but in that case I wouldn't know since I never played them before. Sure, AV 7 but Skaven tend to do fine, meybe 'cause of the cheaper linemen.

What you think?

Last edited by Sparta on %b %12, %2005 - %14:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

this will teach you, dont play elves stick to what you know best

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

But I wanna coach a WE team. Those Wardancers are like crack. Just can't be without them now. Very Happy
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

nasty cas ratios... 7/4/5 - 6/6/6

well, WE teams tend to fall apart. Im currently a bit in the same position, and rebuilding the team... Its a cycle you will have to get used to, i guess Smile
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

you have an impressive winning record and some nice players.

So what is the problem? Keep playing and winning.
Sparta

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SubSonic wrote:
nasty cas ratios... 7/4/5 - 6/6/6

well, WE teams tend to fall apart. Im currently a bit in the same position, and rebuilding the team... Its a cycle you will have to get used to, i guess Smile

Yeah. But when every game is for recovery, you will eventually...well...not recover at all.
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You are clearly due loads of 'death and SI'-light games to balance the odds out Smile

And with only 1 loss in 9, you clearly know what you are doing. Play on, with 11 FF you may well recover. If not, kill them then, but rock on my friend.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

With elves you can sometimes be forced to keep a niggler or two if you want to keep a relatively full roster. Put the nigglers on the line as it will not be great tragedy if they get another injury, which means you can then fire them instead of a healthy uninjured player getting an injury resulting in the loss of just one player and not two. You might have to do his for a while if you wish to get past the 9 players on the team.

You often don't want to waste an apoth on a pre-injured player anyway which just makes it much easier to not use the apoth and save him for another player.
nin

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Your team seems good enought, a bit sort of players but 2x(+ag) and 1xGuard, two wardancers... and you keep wining a lot. I would play such a wood elf team untill it drops to 7 players, not that bad neither that uncommon for wood elves.

Yes, they are more expensive than rats, but with ag4 they can dodge away and minimice blocks.
Sparta

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
With elves you can sometimes be forced to keep a niggler or two if you want to keep a relatively full roster. Put the nigglers on the line as it will not be great tragedy if they get another injury, which means you can then fire them instead of a healthy uninjured player getting an injury resulting in the loss of just one player and not two. You might have to do his for a while if you wish to get past the 9 players on the team.

Yes. I'm beginning to suspect my niggle=dead policy is not working on Woodelves. Too expensive for that. But now I feel even more convinced. Thanx for the tip.
nin

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way they, aren't dark elves, ar7 means you don't defend a player in his takle zone, it's very risky.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any reason that the team shouldn't recover after a couple of light cas games. Looking at your last 2 games they've been pretty brutal.

Play on, hope for few casualties (and NEVER apo anything less than a permenant injury, ignore 'normal' SI's) and only play your next couple of games with coaches whithout DP and with FF in double figures. If both of you have >10 FF you should be replacing players pretty quickly.

Guess you already know that all though... Wink
Sparta

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
By the way they, aren't dark elves, ar7 means you don't defend a player in his takle zone, it's very risky.

Yes. But necessary when you are down 2 players from the beginning. I belive that recovery matches [as well as other matches of cource] should be won, and that the recovery part is not to play a team with too much punch. Just wandering along the field waiting for cash is not woth the hour it takes. Wink

Well, I still see your point, and the are more fragile then Dark Elves, and I try to remeber that. Damn girlie-elves.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play for your CR, retire them IMO
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
If you play for your CR, retire them IMO

He has won 8/9 games... so his cr should be going up nicely Smile
 Jump to: