49 coaches online • Server time: 18:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nogothanc

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

i have a question for help for the boardgame and not the online version. im not that expirienced play since a month and play a necroteam. 1 flesh, 1 wolfie, 2 ghouls, 2 Wights i now know thats not that good startsetup but anyway. cant be changed.
well i have to face a norse team in the league i play... and each of my test games against norse here and on the board was a catastrophe for me. ok bad luck is one thing. but i like to know if expirienced necro players can give me an advice how to face the norse.

hope that this is the right forum and hope for some secret hints. Wink
thanks in advance for your time and patience
Gatts

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

does any of your players have any skills?
does any of his players have any special skills that you need to worry about?

If you'r playing at low TR norse can be really hard to beat, protecting your wolf is as always essential, espescially now since his claw can be your main weapon against the norse's low armour. Your zombies should try to tie up as many players as possible of the norse. On defense, if you can't get to the ball slow his progress with the golem and your zombies and try to make a blitz/ turn with your wolf and some backup ofcourse, then hide the wolf again.

Good luck is really all i can say until i know more about how your teams look, norse are a difficult team to play against early on.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Knock 'em out of bounds. Pound 'em every decent chance you get. Block skill is not as important as AV. You have to win by numbers. Assuming this is a relatively low TR, you may want to consider leaving zombie "bait" near the sidelines when setting up, then let his blitzers frenzy themselves to where your wolves can knock 'em off the pitch. Break 'em, break 'em, break 'em. Just My opinion Smile

@ Gatts... The only team my no-tree flings have retired was norse, they are so expensive that at low TR they won't have replacement players, if you have enough cheap players (like zombies) you can win in a war of attrition

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

@ mac: while i have to agree with you that winning by numbers is the way to go, Necros arent really the easiest team to dio that with. tieing up norsemen with zombies is key, leaving zombies in out of bounds range in the hope that your opponent will sacrifice a blitzer without support to get him of doesnt seem like a very stable tactic to me.
Plain and easy, make evry blitz count = make it a wolfblitz, and make sure that you don't leave your wolf out in the open after your blitz.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse look like a tough team to beat but can be outbashed with humans when starting out. It's just a matter of attrition. Mighty Blow or worse spells doom for them. You've got a werewolf and 16 turns. Get to it Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse vs wolf: norse dead.

Just TAKE CARE in using assists and frenzy. One-die blocks are your doom.

I'm with Torsoboy: 16 blitzes of the wolf and you'll have no norse team to face. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also check out the Strategy and tips section in the users guide. A very good page with a lot of good basic stuff about the game. Everything from suggested starting lineups to advancement later on with the team. And if you don´t like it you can play like you want to yourself. They both work. Honestly. Please feel free to try different starting lineups than the ones suggested there. It´s not a strict code, just suggestions from other players.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The opposing blitzers with frenzy can be a pain but they have jump up. I would say:
-Get a zombi on them or better the golems. This should negate their advantage.
-Try to lower the number of norses down: wolf must blitz and use 4 players (fouler incuded) to foul the opponent.
-Be carrefull near the line. Jump up+frenzy=big big danger. You might forget that this guy down is in blitz range.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

foul
its not the nice way
av7 mean he need 3 assists for a 4+
then a 10
and even if you lose you lose a zombie / which is basic not to foul with wolfs
1 foul each half is great

then crowd push them
you have reg they not
/ but dont let wolfs stand near it
they have also frenzy
prefer to dodge than to stand near sidlines
if you fail a dodge your armor saves you
but the people dont know it Razz

has he a big guy ?
if my favorite mino it can be a hard game
if noone lets rumbbl
Tank

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the wolf to Blitz as often as possible, keeping in mind when you do to pull it back to relative safety. Dont allow your opponent to get his hands on him. Because wolves, like Gutterunners and Wardancers deserve to met a FOUL end

Claw vs AV7 = Dead Vikings Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

wow thanks for the replys more than i expected. great.

well to answer some questions it is starting teams... so no extra skill things.
also the norse have an Ogre. my general plan is to feed him with a zombie so he has something to play with and concentrate on him later in game... when the situation is in my favour.
thanks for the link i already studies the pages.

latley i thought myself to do wolfblitzes against Norse. i used them in test games as scoring machines but i think, as most of you suggested, i need his claws to take the norse out. so that sounds as a general plan.

thanks for the help if you have more hints let me know.
good fights in good nights. Wink
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

also, if you need to score, use your wights, they have got block like the norse so its less chances he will get down on a blitz, and don't let him get assists for the blitz.
Nogothanc

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok for those that are interested the game was chaotic and all suggestions for wolfblitz tactics were hopeless. but thanks for the effort.

lots of stuff happened.
the ogre got out because a zombie forced him to start a block even the game hasnt started. so he was out of the whole game. than my smile froze as my opponent played his card and 2 of my peoples didnt start the game because they were infected by a virus. well the ref said the time of playing the card was ok so i couldnt do much more and the dices choosed my werewolf and a ghoul didnt participate on the game.
than the fans threw rocks at each team. i got another casualty, the norse just a stunned one. so before the game even started it was 8 necros vs. 10 norse.

norse lost the first turn because of my card so i got near the ball could hold the position and go for the touchdown. the rest of the first halftime i couldnt do much cause norse in majority played well and the ending of first half was 2:1 but near the end a zombie seriously injured one norse. so 8 vs 9 for second half. chances raised a bit.

i recieved first half and nearly every block was in my favour but my armoury rolls were doomed. anyway i did a touchdown. than rain started to begin as norse recieved and their pass play got harder. i couldnt get the ball but hold the line and my golem got a kill finally. so it turned out a 2:2. a new player and a full team for next game. the norse didnt look so well with 2 players missing so im lucky with the ending.

again thanks all folks.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers.