55 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My two cents about the teams:

Dark Elves: My favourite team, Access to four Blitzers and Witch Elves can be a pain in the ass for the opponent. Although you don't have catch you can easily score a Td in 2 turns with ag 4.

High Elves: My oldest active team in Fumbbl and actually playing in real life. Throwers 10k less than for Woodies and Darkies. With access to four catcher with st 3 perfectly suited for the passing game, but ... i have problems in defense play cause the lack of Blitzers.
In real life beat a good friend of mine and superb dark elf coach, sinner, two times, now facing him the third time for 5th place Twisted Evil

Wood Elves: Three Words: I hate them. When you have some luck with your armour rolls they are just too easy to play. You can win against almost every opponent with ease. Wardancer with a superb combo of starting skills, four Ma 9 Catchers and the only elven team with a big guy for the LOS. But when you've got a bad day your hole team is dead....

Pro Elves: Haven't played them yet by myself, but they have a good starting roster with their cheap liners, but also AV 7 and in difference to Woodies only MA 6, which is a important difference as xen7ric quoted.

Skaven: Those nasty gutters can be a pain in the ass, espacially with the dauntless+horns combo. Access to mutations always nice, there a others than Claws/RSC Wink But again my worries about AV 7, but maybe i am just a stubborn coach who can't play with this armour. Haven't played them often.

Lizards: Totally different from maybe all other teams around. You can really lose bady or score many TDs with them, six saurus mean a wide spread of different skills, when they finally get some, after block you can give two Break Tackle, two Guard and some MB. Skinks with their speed and stunty skills great, but no access to general skills, so they die easily.
Did you Know that the best team in the first Ladder division, a non progression league, was "Snakes and Ladders" Lizardmen coached by Evolve to Anarchism?

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Dralnu

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, thanks,

i dont think i will bother with lizzies and i would like to try skaven but i wouldnt wanna have to get and paint (im lazy!) new models just to show mutations(especially multiple mutation models- i would have to "customize" another...........huff).

so i think i will go high elf

by the way- will the "guys up there" be doing a rules overhaul soon? we are on LRB version 3.0 atm and that is over 2 years old- will there be any changes in near future ya think?
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually LRB 3 is only about 1.5 years old and LRB 4 was released november 2004 so you are not up to date as it is. Some people (not me) think LRB 3 is better than 4 though, maybe your league commish is one?
AFAIK at the moment Jervis had said there will be no more rules reviews and the rules won't be changed until there is a new boxed set released (which is likely not to happen in the next few years) but we will see about that.

Btw, high elves are a great and fun team to play in a real league (not open) only the models are ugly as hell (IMHO). Maybe try to convert some warhammer figures.

Also, personally I think http://www.talkbloodbowl.com is a better forum for non fumbbl blood bowl related stuff.
Shintyboy

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have said that if your league is bashy then lizards might be a bad idea as the commonest way to beat them is the popular kill all the skinks startegem. If your league isn't that bashy then they are good.

I would reccomend going for rats and using sacrificial linemen.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny you should say that! Jervis Johnston (Creator of Bloodbowl) is currently developing a new version of bloodbowl, which gets rid of the fickle handicap table, removes the killer skill combos and reworked some of the teams. ie roster secret weapons, Ogres now have snotlings on the team and nurgles roters have been totally changed! New stars too. But it will be coming out in Autumn 2006 I think. The rules are on ww.bloodbowl.com so have a look Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the latest experimental "Vault" Rulebook!

Vault 1.9 LRB
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

God tip on the latest experimental rules Rob - it seems to be entering the final stages.

On the subject of 'speedy' teams, might I draw your attention to Humans - they are actually one of the quickest teams, with 4 Ma7 and 4 Ma8 players. They outpace High Elves, at least.

I do consider High Elves to be one of the more rounded teams on the agility end of the scale, Skaven will get you results, and Lizardmen are a tricky team to play (with and against) for the inexperienced.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

about humans speed, yes they are fast, (ma6 is not average for the slowest player on the team, it's high), but I can't agree that humans would be faster than high elves as humans never tend to field more than one or maybe two catchers but high elves will field all four.
Dralnu

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys- it is DEFINATELY a tosss between skaven and high elfs...................maybe i will playtest em a bit using SKi Junkies java thingy................

C ya.
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
I can't agree that humans would be faster than high elves as humans never tend to field more than one or maybe two catchers but high elves will field all four.

Humans may not field 4 Catchers, but they will certainly field all four Blitzers. That actually means High Elves and Humans in practice average about the same movement - however, lack of ball-handling ability and access to Strength skills makes the Humans a more defensively orientated team than the High Elves.

Skaven and High Elves are strong choices, btw, with Skaven getting off to a quicker start.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Dralnu wrote:
hi, my first post here.....................this is concerning "real life" BB by the way.........

at the moment i play orcs and am getting bored of the "bash the opponent into the ground" tactics and i want to use a more agile/finesse team-

i have whittled it down to either high elves, skaven, or lizardmen

i didnt look at woodies as they would just crumble in my "uneducated"(BB wise) hands.

skaven still look pretty fragile but are cheap and i already have an orge

i like the idea of a throwing game with High elves....

and lizardmen seem cool with bashers and speedsters.....

i just cant chose though!

Thanks

skaven gutter runners are near inpossible to stop, and Ratogre are one best big guys and help hold the scrim line.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're putting the RO on the LOS on defense, then you don't know how best to use an RO...

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

High and Pro Elves not faster than the average??? Take a look on the catchers and Blitzers/Dragon Warriors. This makes 6 players in your complete team having more than MA6!!!
Pro Catchers with their NoS are maybe the best scorer all over any teams, but like mentioned above, you have to learn playing with less players on the field like your opponent. Their blitzers have 2 very importent skills from beginning - very hot!
High Elves have a really good passing game and also have good AV.
Dark Elves are very flexible. They can make a running game, also pass the ball without any big problems. Use the right tactic depending on your opponent. Also they can take some hits with AV8 and pushing players from the field with their witches.
Woodies are the fastest team you can have, every player can score in 2 turns without GFI - great to give even your LM easily SP. The beginning can be tough - AV7 sucks. But the Wardancers are the real pain in the a**!!! (Kill everyone everywhere you can - push him into your fans as long he has no SS and foul him when he's down!!!)
Skaven are extremely good, even from beginning. Their key players are the GR. LM are ... like stunty (hehe, I've seen so many ending as corpses on the field). But their access of getting physical traits can make even a LM a tough player. Rat Ogre(?), not my favourite, but good for LOS. Hope that he gains Block. Then he's dangerous, like all BG with Block...
Lizards...mh, if you are a beginner, maybe nothing for you. Like mentioned very hard to play, especially defence. Never fall in love with a skink - he won't make it that long anymore.
Maybe you also take a look at Amazons. Yes, they only have MA6 and are a lttle fragile with AV7, but all of 'em have dodge. So they won't get that many knock downs. Also you can move away from your opponent, which makes them faster as most of MA6 teams. You can play 'em also at TR>200, nearly all of them have Blodge (not like Norse - they suck at TR>200!!!)
Pau

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Weird. I find that lizards are specially good in defense, in a few matches you will have all your skinks with DT making them incredible annoying and forcing the opponent to not dodge out of their TZ, plus you will still have all your ST4 players and the kroxi.
origami

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizard defense is quite good against elves. Against bashers, they have a tougher time. High AV linos can tie up the sauruses, while the rest of the team goes skink hunting.
 Jump to: