39 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Markus

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a db 5 on a DW. It's his 3rd skill. So far he got dodge and guard. He is the main helper for this team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=131768
+ma is nice, but i'm tempted to take mighty blow, which would help to get the team more cas (low ff). that would not suit the guard. jump up would increase his range. Frenzy could help keeping the widezones clear. I like that a lot because i prefer the fast running game with a reverse (start running the ball in one widezone, threaten a breakthrough, than go for the other widezone). Dauntless could be another option, as i prefer to play bashers.
Thx for the help.

M

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d go for Jum up or +MA. This allow him to get anywhere you want.
Think frenzy is little risky beacuse of his strength. And Mighty Blow is a good one too, but personally prefer a high movility for my players, especailly to defend against those damned guterrunners
angelface

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen some spaceship launches with less careful planning Wink
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Guard, Mighty blow or dless you should take.

Since you have already two +ST you have less need of a dless. I'd go guard because you never can get enough guard on an elven team.
Mighy blow would be good also, to get some hitting power in the team.

By the way: if you like to play bashers with elves, join the E.L.F.
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

he has guard
Superstar

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Go for movement, can never get enough of mobility, and i like your tactic also, or break a hole and run in with as many catchers as possible, then do a blitz the next turn and free up one of the recivers and do the long throw.
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mb - Guard
Webbe

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Definately mighty blow, elves really need a blitzer with MB, I prefer it to guard on DWs, but as he already has it it's a nobrainer.
Gueulemer

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA, for sure.

This way, he will be even more a threat both on defense and offense. With guard, he can bring support and cover more ground. With the skills he can get after that, side step would be great, as you will be able to direct support and orient your player toward the end zone or whatever you want to do.

Also, you could consider Dump off or NoS, especially if u play ball more than blood.... MA doesn't look that great, but it makes so many little differences on so many levels, too good to pass.

If it was no.2, I would recommend MB because he's already designed for blitz. That is because he's already a blodging tackler...

Last edited by Gueulemer on %b %01, %2005 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

On an elf team with that much Block, 3 guards, and 2 ST 4 linos..... You are having trouble getting CAS? It's a tough call, but I do think movement is under-rated.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow
centaur

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i would go for jump up.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have said Mighty Blow, if only he didn't have Guard already, and no Tackle. He's set up to be, as you said, a 'helper' rather than the team's main hitter. I'd take the +MA, it is astounding how often that one extra point of movement will help you win. Mighty Blow on an elf positional without Tackle is waaay overrated. Sure, he'll get tackle eventually, but in the mean time you'll be Blitzing with him trying to rack up the cas, and unless you get a LOT of lucky POW's, you'll probably end up doing more harm than good (certainly in the short term) when key Blodge players are left standing due to lack of Tackle. (you don't have to trust me on this if you don't want, but I have a ST5 witch elf with Mighty Blow yet no Tackle, and I gave up on using her for anything more than a decoy ages ago...)

Random Mighty Blow is good for linemen who will get a few blocks of convenience in during a game, but you need that Blizter and his guard more for support, and +MA will give a lot better support than Mighty Blow will. (+MA will get his Guard to the front of a Lion Warrior cage more easily, for example)
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless - You need something to tackle stronger players. Even against str4 daunt is awesome.