61 coaches online • Server time: 22:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nord, you don't want Daunt on the player with Guard, usually, and he has two ST 4 players on the team... I'm with CS3, here. The main reason my umans have become successful is that I've learned how to use movement advantage defensively (and my thrower rocks!)

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ops...didn´t look at the team. Considering how the team looks I would go with Jump Up or that you keep the +ma. Increased move is always a good thing.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Think frenzy is little risky beacuse of his strength. And Mighty Blow is a good one too, but personally prefer a high movility for my players, especailly to defend against those damned guterrunners

I beg to differ - Mighty Blow is essential against Gutter Runners (gotta make sure they STAY down)

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for +MA. It will help you switch the direction of attack and take advantage of any weakness in the opposition lines. A great help against the bashy teams you like to play.
Jazz

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up

Because it helps you more than that +MA.
Your team is an advanced team and it will play advanced teams. You are likely to encounter players with tackle. Your warrior is a good player. I would try to take him down if I was playing you. When you have been punched into the ground but are still on the pitch, Jump up gets you +3MA effectively, not just +1.

If you don't like to take Jump up, go for the Dauntless.

As a third choice, I would say Mighty Blow, but that ofcourse is the most boring of the three. Very Happy

Regards,
Jazz
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

He's got Guard so not that. That leaves -

Jump Up - Great if you struggle to outmanover your opponents (i.e. play ElfBowl)

or

Dauntless - Which you need on a couple of players since you like playing Bashers.
f0rd

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma, I just loove the speed!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Take +MA. It's by far the most underestimated stat. A MA8 dodging guard can cover a lot of ground. The next choice to go with that would be Leap. You have to take full advantage of his high mobility.

Quick argument against other skills:

Jump Up - Only useful when you are down.
Dauntless - Not always useful/reliable.
Mighty Blow - Adds nothing to your game, just hit harder. Your player also lacks tackle to be useful against the blodgers you'll be facing.

And let me repeat it one more time: MOVEMENT IS *ALWAYS* USEFUL!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

No. Movement is only useful if you gonna blitz or move. if you gonna block then obviously its *NOT* useful. I would pick jump up so he can give that guard assist even if he was down, or mb and plan on making him a blitzer.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally Id go for +MA but MB is also nice.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I took the +ma. It seemed to be the most versatile choice. JU is only usefull when he is down. He's a helper and no hitter so dauntless and MB don't really fit. Because of guard, frenzy could be a problem with the right positioning. Side step will be the next skill.

Thx for the help
M

Post 14 Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA or MB.
MB will help you to keep your opponent down while Lion Warrior may be trained to become Gutter Runners hunter (so you could give up +MA).

I've seen that a decision has been made. Good choice IMO.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up is the best on Dragon Warriors.

Unless you plan on playing alot of bashing teams, why bother with Mighty Blow? Even if you get one, he'll just get clawed out of the game.

Dauntless? Give it to a line-elf, not your expensive DW.

DWs are so important, since you only have two, that having Jump Up to give them a full turn is just too useful.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think +MA was the right call.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

MB all the way
 Jump to: