49 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Have you enjoyed the league so far?
Yeah. Everything's been great!
42%
 42%  [ 18 ]
Yes, although I have an issue with the redline/deadline rule
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Well...kinda.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
It could be better!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No. I hate it.
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Macavity dances with the dancing Kirbies! It's summer and everything's just great! <(^_^<) <(^_^)> (>^_^)>
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 42

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is mainly meant for Grudge league members but others are welcome to join in as well. Smile

Here are a few simple questions, answer one or all of them, as you like:

a) How old are you?

b) Where are you from and what's your timezone (GMT +- X hours or FUMBBL time +- X hours)?

c) How long have you been playing BB on tabletop/in the internet? Who/What made you start playing BB?

d) What do you do for a living? I'm asking this because most likely you don't play Blood Bowl professionally and get paid for it. Wink

----------------------------------------

As for me, I am an 18-year-old high school student from Finland (GMT +2, FUMBBL time +1) who is interested in studying Finnish, Psychology and Economics. My future occupation and career will most likely have to do with at least one of these subjects.

I've been playing Blood Bowl for slightly less than a year, beginning from the tabletop but soon switching over to the internet. Habeli, my roomie's school mate, got me (as wee as my roomie Wink) into it. We still occasionally play Street Bowl (a bloodier Blood Bowl-variant) on tabletop and a Blood Bowl league is in planning.

------------------------------

Now, it's your time to write a short description of yourself. It doesn't have to be long; a few sentences is enough. Just something to let us know you better (and understand why you might be online at difficult times or only occasionally). Smile

Tymless

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well hello,

I am 10329 days old and reside in the EST on the east coast of the Useless USA.

I have been playing bloodbowl on and off for about 8 years and have yet to be good at it. Been on fumbbl for a little more then a year and seem to be just now getting used to the idea of Luck. =)

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh darn. The "It could be better!"-option should read "It could be better! (post WHY or HOW to your message below)"

I have found out that this seriously cuts the amount of negative feedback. Wink

Oh well...

Renegade

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi My name is ren and I have a problem...
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
Hi My name is ren and I have a problem...

Thank you for sharing this with us. It seems like your problem could be referred to as "not being a Grudge League member yet". Click here for information on how to correct your situation.

Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

a) 35 years old (in body only though Wink)
b) Maastricht, the Netherlands
c) Real fumbbl-time
d) I sell Business to Business tele-and datcommunication.

Started playing BB 2nd ed. some 15 or so years ago but discovered this most splendid community now just over a year ago. Avid and addicted gamer/wargamer. Married yet still happy. some claim I suffer from insanity but these are wrong. I do not suffer, I am enjoying it quite immensely. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I am 37 yrs old, I live in Manchester, UK, so GMT or -1hour fumbbl time. I teach/assist and care for my 3 children, am also a cub scout leader. Started playing BB online just over 1 year ago after Philip, a friend of mine introduced me to the game. Played my first ever TT game at the BB tourney in Nottingham, May this year, have played 8 games TT all told. Will be attending the Albion Coast Cup this month as well. Have also joined The WaterBowl a league in Manchester, hoping for a few games there as well!!!
Guess that is enough waffle from me.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm 27 and I live in London (GMT; FUMBBL time -1), and I work night shifts at a press-clippings agency. This means that I am usually able to play during (UK) daylight hours, as I work 7 days on-shift, 7 days off.

As for how long I've been playing BloodBowl, well, my first experience of it was a couple of games over a decade ago, back when I was a hardcore gamer and GW fan, but I've only been a regular player since being introduced to Fumbbl by some friends about 2 years ago, and while they've mostly stopped playing, I kept going and watched my coach rating descend with alarming speed. Wink

Still, I console myself by regarding the players on Fumbbl to be literally the best in the world at the game, so when my best team is being battered 5-0 for the twelfth time in a row, I try to be philosophical about it...
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my! It certainly looks like I am the youngest of the bunch, yet I hold the reigns of power in the league.

I hope there won't be any rebellions. Very Happy

Hogglas

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

a)25
b)Göteborg, Sweden. (GMT + 1 hour)
c)Been playing on FUMBBL for almost a year and the same time IRL.
d)Study Geology at Göteborgs Universitet for maybe my last year. (Should be finish next summer but you never knows whats gona happend and I like Studying).
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome, Hogglas! By taking a look at your post count, you seem to be rather new to the forums. Be sure to check the Tournaments and Off-topic sections at least once a week. There's always something interesting to be found. Smile

ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

31 years young, I am French but live in Edinburgh (Scotland, UK) so BBtime -1. There still is a box for BB v1 lurking amongst my stuf in my parents' loft, though I only really started playing when v3 came out. Had not played for the best part of 10 years when I was introduced to Fumbbl, and I have since seen my CR dropped very very low.... which is why I mostly stopped playing [R] games.

When online, I always enter my DivX and Ladder teams in the gamefinder, but get very few offers for game Sad (Come on guys, I am an easy victory waiting to be scored... join these divisions....)

As for rebellion, as long as you sort the math out, I 'll happilly leave you the reign

Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Gatts

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Im 25 years old/young and I'm living in Gothenburg, Sweden, just some kilometers away from the fumbbl server if im not missinformed Smile so I'm living in fumbbltime.
Benn playing tabletop bloodbowl on and off for.. hmm 8 years now (with a quite large gap of 5 years in the middle) and on fumbbl approximatly a year. Started playing because i saw a blood bowl game ona fantasy convention and i was imediatly hooked. The combination of strategy, teamn and player development and nice cuddly elves was irresistable to me, it still is. Love fumbbl because it lets me play pretty much whenever i want, however i want and as much as i want. I poked my nose into the grudge league casue the oine thing i felt was missing from my online bloodbowl life was a competetive leage with scheduled games. I love the karma Smile of the pairings, having to prepare for an unwinnable game, trying to predict winners and loosers, underdogs and favourites.

I work with constructing kitchen fans, but i stubbornly claim it's justa part time job while im finishing my education as some sort of civil engineer. Money is good and it's not all that exhausting work so i'm happy. Spend an alarming amount of my freetime on fumbbl, play alot of real life soccer as well.. but im a lot better as a bloodbowl coach then as a soccer player.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

a) 26

b) Finland , Hellsincity, BBtime +1

c) I played 2nd edition bloodbowl ziljon years ago. I first heard about fumbbl year ago or sumthing but I finally decided to give it a try this spring ( maybe it had something to with the fact that I was very busy at school and had to figure out some excuse for not doing anything important)

d) I am student of software engineerin and I work part time at local roleplaying/miniature/game/comic/book-store
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

shaman42 wrote:
-- I work part time at local roleplaying/miniature/game/comic/book-store

Fantasiapelit, by any chance?

Jump to: