33 coaches online • Server time: 03:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Have you enjoyed the league so far?
Yeah. Everything's been great!
42%
 42%  [ 18 ]
Yes, although I have an issue with the redline/deadline rule
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Well...kinda.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
It could be better!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No. I hate it.
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Macavity dances with the dancing Kirbies! It's summer and everything's just great! <(^_^<) <(^_^)> (>^_^)>
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 42

Aconite

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'm a mere 28 and live on the Isle of Wight in merry olde England, so bbtime -1.

First introduced to BloodBowl back on the polystyrene pitch about 14 years ago and had a break of around 8 years before I was told about FUMBBL. Used to be in IRC and up for a game loads, but sonce the girlfriend moved in a few weeks ago, my time has become more limited for such things... Sad

I work in the marine electrical field...

Oh, and I won the opening tournament - Dawn of Blood Challenge - in this league Smile

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:
Oh, and I won the opening tournament - Dawn of Blood Challenge - in this league Smile

You always remember to mention that... Razz

Aconite

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to make the most of victories... They don't come along very often...

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So true.

dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea for a thread Karhumies!

Ok, so fun-loving, sensitive FUMBBLer seeks ... Oh wrong kind of introduction page.
So I'm a 24 year old (though soon to be 25 Sad), living inbetween Southampton and Portsmouth in the UK (so only a bit away from Aconite). So timezone of bbtime-1. I've been playing GW games on and off for last 12 years or so. Though I vaguely remember playing a 1st edition BB game (though I didn't really know the rules), it was when the 2nd edition came out that I got into BB.
I took a hiatius from gaming during University time (lack of money and players) and got back into it a couple of years ago which is when I discovered FUMBBL.
I'm working as a software engineer at the Swanwick ATC (so you have someone to blame when UK flights are delayed Smile).

For some wondering on the nickname, my real name is Scott, which some friends sometimes changed to Scitt. From there somehow it got to "the good doctor scitt" (not sure, I'd imagine lots of alcohol was involved Wink) which I decided to keep as a username.
Drud

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm 18 years old, live in Copenhagen, Denmark, which is GMT+1, the same as BBtime.
I just finished the Gymnasium and I'll start studying Mathematics-Economy on Copenhagen University in september. I'm unemployed at the moment, and I'll probably not get a job unless I start having problems. In Denmark you get money while under education (The State's Educational Support = SU, I'll be getting around 300 euro a month next year). I still live at home, so my only expenses are food and transportation, and of course beer or board games Wink
Speaking of beer and board games, I'm a huge fan of both, seperatly or combined. I play a role play with 2 of my very good friends, with a swedish system called Drakar Och Demoner (sp?) (Dragons and Demons), we play once a week. I also play a lot of board games with a large group of people, but none of them play BB. I was introduced to FUMBBL by a girl from my chemistry class in january this year, so I'm still a BB newbie. I've never played a TT BB game, though I'm trying to convince my board gamer friends that they need to join FUMBBL, perhaps I'll buy the TT sometime.
soren72

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What a great idea! Very Happy

I*m one of the older guys being 33 years old, happilly married (she hates FUMBBL) and have 2 kids. I'm from Denmark so I'm in FUMBBL time zone (GMT +1). I started playing BB four years ago with a few friends, We only played around 10 games on TT each, then it sort of died out. Still hungering for the game I found some Play By E-Mail leagues www.pbembbl.org and www.rebbl.com. Then finally I got unlimited access to the internet and lo and behold! I joined FUMBBL!

I'm selfemployed physiotherapist working with a few other physiotherapists in a small clinic. Only been doing it for round 3 - 4 years, before that I was a woking full time+ in a black suit and tie in economics and studying in the evenings (economics and IT) Rolling Eyes . When you're as old as I am then you'll have had plenty of time for several educations and jobs Confused

I've always loved strategy games and played differnt board games for 20 years, mostly WW2 games. But with wife and kids this sort of dies out... Crying or Very sad

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be better! was my vote BUT only because so many of you guys that signed up dont play your matches Sad, im all for the get to know people thing but im leaving vacation 1 week from tomorrow so it will have to wait Smile

male
Denmark
works with troubled kids/ young adults
cya in a week, font worry i played all my games so i should not delay anything with my vacation.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Adam
Manchester, England
GMT(BST right now:)) so fumbbl-1
Work in IT support 9-5:30 in the office usually but am on 24-7 call with a stoopid pager. mainly calls are remote access whcih can be done from home and it means work pay my broadband (WOOHOO) but occasional stupid o'clock trip into city centre for onsite stuff (never goes bad during the day sadly).
Wife who would rather fumbbl did not exist and baby girl who is my lucky mascot but not so much now as she is getting too big to sit at pc with me and not grab the mouse or hammer the keyboard.
played TT once some years ago at uni when heavily into board gaminging and roll playing (probably why i dropped out) but all the working out of rolls needed hurt my head. Been on fumbbl little over a year after being introduced by a guy at work who kicked my ass for first few games but stopped playing me after my first win and a big RIP so then i decided to play the field and been online most nights ever since. It will take a new addiction or loss of internet to get me off again.

Have been G or Mr G for some time relating to surname starting with G but for online G_Force relates to Battle of the Planets cartoon from late 70's early 80's. Anything to stay young, growing old happens to us all, growing up is optional Smile

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
It could be better! was my vote BUT only because so many of you guys that signed up dont play your matches Sad, im all for the get to know people thing but im leaving vacation 1 week from tomorrow so it will have to wait Smile

Glad to know it's not my fault, as I have been working my ass off for the league...from time to time...when I feel like it..when there's nothing better to do...like watching anime...or playing video games...or...cleaning..or...yeah...

This is just a hobby amongst many others, so don't get fed up with me in case things are sometimes delayed a bit. Smile

Shooter

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wiggedy!
Im aged 33 and Live in Weymouth on the south coast of England so my timezone is GMT.
I played the edition with the paper players back at school a couple times,then properly played on the styrene version a few years later.Played a bit more seriously after the Board pitch came out,maybe 9 or so years ago but hadnt played since until i signed up to FUMBBL recently.Since i have zerged the gamefinder and played quite a bit and even dusted off the old tabletop teams and played at work during lunch.Oh,and painted a woodie team.
Work happens to be for a wargames figure company based here in Weymouth.Sadly its not GW so i dont get massive discounts on their stuff.We do mostly 15mm historicals.Ahh yeah,and i work part time in the evenings too but despite a 60hour week and a wife and son i still fit in plenty of playtime.The family are very understanding.Thats probably how i have max level characters in online games like EQ,WoW,DAoC,etc.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally we got someone with issues about the redline/deadline rule. About time IMO.

But who's the one saying he hates the league? *puzzled*

soren72

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Finally we got someone with issues about the redline/deadline rule. About time IMO.

I think there will be some weeding out in the beginning, but from the other web based leagues I've been playing in, I know this usually settles a bit and the dedicated coaches remain. But there will always be a few for real life issues.

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

soren72 wrote:
Karhumies wrote:

I think there will be some weeding out in the beginning, but from the other web based leagues I've been playing in, I know this usually settles a bit and the dedicated coaches remain.

One more good thing about the max. 4 teams of a given race -rule is that the league doesn't expand too rapidly. When we notice we have inactive coaches/teams with 30 days not logging in to FUMBBL without informing me beforehand, we kick the team out and replace it with a fresh one. If the max. amount of teams in GL does not increase, in the end all the coaches should basically be active ones.

soren72 wrote:
But there will always be a few for real life issues.

Naturally.

Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

a) 22

b) denmark, svendborg, bb time

c) started playing 3rd edition must have been around 95 or so. started playing online just over a year ago

d) i am about to write my final project (on fuel cells) to become a chemical engineer. should be done by january

Last edited by Mr_QB on %b %12, %2005 - %13:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: