48 coaches online • Server time: 16:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to choose on a double 5 CD
Stand Firm
50%
 50%  [ 56 ]
+MA
18%
 18%  [ 21 ]
dauntless
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
dodge
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Frenzy
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
other
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 112

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge

Covertfun

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle or Sidestep or +MA

All the other options are as boring as they come for a CD team. Imagine a blockle, Guard sidestepper, or a Pass Block DT blocker. Useful AND unusual. (As opposed to Diving Catch, or Dump Off, both of which would be merely unusual) Very Happy
Dunkpork

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is da best, even if the other team has tackle. Can't beat the ability to put another tackle zone on someone (almost) whenever you want. It's like getting guard (and more).
Dunkpork

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Whereas, what is stand firm going to get you? The ability to get knocked down and not move? Stay away from the sideline and play good defense. If you have dodge you can move away from someone and setup a tackle zone somewhere. If you have stand firm you have to get up just to get knocked down again. Stand Firm can be great, but block+dodge rules.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I wasn't thinking so much about dodge as for moving - rerolling a 4+ is still not the greatest thing a coach can be forced to do - but just that with dodge, it's that much harder to knock down the chaos dwarf, which is already pretty tough. Only getting knocked down in 1/6 blocks is a good thing, and even if an opposing team has some Tackle, not everybody will.

Certainly, Sidestep and Diving Tackle also make it that much harder for an opponent to untangle himself from a crowd involving that particular chaos dwarf, as well. Anything that slows an opponent down to dwarf speed can't be all bad. Especially when you have some mummies or other big guys to tie down to the middle of the field.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You have a couple of choices really.

I would go for Stand Firm with Guard as the 2nd skill (Diving Tackle on a 2nd Double). Makes for an outstanding helper since he can't be pushed to remove his guard and gets to dodge into any space.

That or you take the MA. Doubles will come up 1/6 skills, +MA only comes up 1/12 (Statasticians feel free to correct me...). MA is always useful and CD's don't run fast...
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick.

Well someone had to say it..

I would go with SFirm or Dodge depending on wether he has Guard yet or not and the usual opponent you're likely to face.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Not dodge. So with dodge he won´t go down? Big deal. Let him go down - thats what he does. He´s standing on the line or possibly lending some assists. SF lets you dodge without consequences and works wonders with guard.

Actually dodge is in many cases a bad choice for doubles for linefodder when a trait can be picked. Stand firm is much much better as it keeps the line together as well as allows you to try crazy moves. Ballcarriers love dodge, linefodder doesn´t.

M

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well take a glimpse here well Ma+ is not worked in

http://fumbbl.com/skills.php

56% for SF thats what players have choosen (not voted) only 12% Dodge

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I figured someone was going to say that at some point, Mithrilpoint. Just wanted to see someone say it, I guess. Razz
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Telcontar wrote:
Well take a glimpse here well Ma+ is not worked in

http://fumbbl.com/skills.php

56% for SF thats what players have choosen (not voted) only 12% Dodge

What an intersting table!

It really makes you wonder why people rolling doubles on kroxy, would take leader to it. Or that a beast get's RSC and the other big guys Pro? What's with that?

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

All the BG's are before BG's lost general skills, so they don't count anymore...
The rest is all good info.
 Jump to: