17 coaches online • Server time: 02:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.

Elf throwers 80k and elf catchers 90k perhaps?

Lose frenzy on the dark elf runners to make them less like blitzers? 100k for them in that case.
I want Hubris to have Pro and not Pass Block.

4 WE blitzers - lose dodge for start? 110k cost then.

And give me some of those av8 wood elf linos! I like them!
Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

av 8 wood elves? normally i really dont mind experiments but thats just... insane!!!
with ma 7 ag 4 av 8 linemen, do you really need positionals? and who'd ever take a catcher when he could take a wardancer instead?

and really, if you frontload on this "elf"-team you suggested i think it would be the toughest team to beat at TR 100 or 110 by far.
3 Blitzer 330k
3 Catcher 300k
1 Thrower 70k
3 Linemen 240k
1 Reroll 50k
1 FF

a team like this would just run circles around you, with dodge+nerves of steel and block + sidestep dudes... ouch.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

With those Wood Elf, sure I would, as I would have more players, due to av8.

I already play the tough teams with elves though, so perhaps better ask someone else.

It really depends on the number of players for my part. If I have 11 or less I tend to avoid the bashier teams.

As for what dreamsplitter said, why do I need positionals when I have 7 3 4 8 players?, the answer is, because they are even better!
Wood elf blitzers and throwers are the best of any race, so you will want them. Their catchers are nice too.

I agree that this will make elves a little tougher in the long run, and possibly a little better at the ball-game if they can get that many positionals.

Wood elf..mmm...want them...

1 Blitzer
1 Thrower
1 Catcher
8 Linemen
1 Reroll
9 FF

Thats what I want!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf teams all with 10 positionals..... including 4 witch elves and 4 wardancers....

FOUR WARDANCERS???

+1 AV to wood elf linemen for no increase in cost....

Come back and post something useful when you get over the 'I'm a powergaming juvenile who wants to be l33t uber haxor' stage ok?

*rolls eyes*
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Elf teams all with 10 positionals..... including 4 witch elves and 4 wardancers....

FOUR WARDANCERS???

+1 AV to wood elf linemen for no increase in cost....

Come back and post something useful when you get over the 'I'm a powergaming juvenile who wants to be l33t uber haxor' stage ok?

*rolls eyes*

4 WD's sounds like a nice addition for my woodies... not like i could ever afford them...
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you aren't in BBRC.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

AV8 Linemen BECAUSE the Treeman goes and WE need to become tougher since they are almost unplayable due to their cost. The amount of cherrypicking you HAVE to do to keep a WE team w/o a tree alive is _not_so_good.

Four Wardancers. I would allow Wood Elves 4 PERMANENT Deeproot stars, and still they would NEVER be able to AFFORD them. 4 Wardancers is a wet fantasy for a wood elf team.

There is nothing powergaming to writng something on the list that will almost never happen.

4 Witch Elves i cant see anything wrong with that.

*points and laughs*

Bahahahaha!

never needed a tree on a woodelf team, never will.

stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

4 wardancers unattainable...hah!
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves don't <i>need</i> to cherry pick to stay competitive - it's just something people do. And what IF the Wood Elves get 4 War Dancers? It doesn't even matter that it's a big IF. They would be utterly unstoppable with 4 MA8 AG 4 Blodge/Leap guys (and that's not even counting the additional skills). Top this with the fact that WE linos are already among the best in the game - want to make them even better for the same price? Makes no sense at all.

On top of it I believe this would increase the amount of cherry picking even further as people drooling over the thought of 4 WD would go even further out of their way to keep cashflow high and attrition low.

On top of it the DE roster is already among the strongest end-roster result. Making it even better just seems wrong.

I understand that you want to make the elves more unique/versatile/something but you've really just made them better and I don't see why we'd want that?

And I'll repeat my previous statement: Elves are easily cable of taking on all manners of opponents - it's just a depressively low amount of coaches who wish to do so.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac, sorry to say that, but your elf-changes are even more laughable than your undead-changes.

The sum of MA and AV on every lino (besides lizzies who have no real lno) in this game doesn`t exceed 14. So you want to break this rule in order to erase the only weakness of the woodelves, while keeping their strenght (=speed) unchanged? And don`t even increase the prices? Man.. that`s just stupid - plain and simple. With 7348 you can start with an all-lino team without problems and as soon as you start picking up wardancers.... I don`t wanna think about it.

The same goes for the witches (and DO NOT change the name to "runner" because they aren't meant to run the ball, they are meant to clear the pitch - which rhymes on witch as well as the bad b-word). 4 witches are just over the top.

After playing all different kind of elves for a longer time now, I see the differences. The most similar races are HE and DE, though HE are way faster, while DE have an easier time clearing the pitch and a lovely sideline game. WE are meant to be fast but fragile. A 11 player WE-team is just next to unstopable.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Improving Wood Elves.... Why, oh why...

BM if you want any serious consideration then take 2 blitzers off each of Elves and Wood Elves and 2 runners off Dark Elves and as for the WE lino's AV8.... OMFG.. Just don't be silly.

Then return the fluff, Elves should be called High Elves because it's a Warhammer game, Dark Elves get Witch Elves because that's the point of Dark Elves and Woodies get Wardancers for the same reason. I know they're just names but it's all part of the concept and it certainly isn't your place to start taking that apart.

Once you've done that you have the problem that for fluffy reasons you shouldn't have High Elves that are as breakable as Wood Elves (or for that matter weaker than Dark Elves) and you realise that you've just deleted the original HE team for no reason...
DD

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus, that AV7 is the whole thing: they have more move and less armor to be more agile in the passing game. That's fluff on Woodies, don't spoil it. If you hate getting your precious linos killed, don't play Woodies and change to High elfs or Darkies.

BTW, I am an elven coach...
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ellock Whent would like to issue a challenge to BigMac on behalf of the orc team, Troll Huntaz. They have been having a hard time finding trolls of late, and wouldn't want to pass up this opportunity. Very Happy

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you tone down ogres even more. They were weak now are even weaker.

snots are easy to crush (and even more in a non-stunty league) and the only one able to handle the ball. Since ogre lost their G acces, they are mainly unreliable. I don't see this team able to beat anyone, nor flings, nor gobelins.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Once you start talking about skaven, you'll have my interest and input. Until then...

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You know, given these prices to hire stars, you'd be seeing them a LOT more often I reckon...

Jump to: