21 coaches online • Server time: 03:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Korenn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

it was clearly stated above that the client deviates from the LRB in this respect, apparently because the programmer couldn't get it to work correctly.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wylder wrote:
Okay.... New question.

My wight got seriously injured today (-ma). However, he has two skills +agi and tackle. I dont know if I should retire him for a new one or not. Playing next game without a wight doesnt appeal to me at all, and once he arrives back with 5ma.... well....

Do I keep him ?

Of all permanent injuries, I care about MA the least (unless it's a very low AG player, then -AG isn't bad). I'd keep him for the +AG, he's still very useful.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wylder. Yes he is a little slow but get him Sure Feet next skill and he's still a great player. 4AG is hard to come by on an Undead team.
dony

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

to Mummy,my double skill will be Dodge, and you ask why Dodge?

1.- you have a control ALWAYS, with frenesy no, you can be 1 dice a lot of times
2.- if you player is more time up, then he will hurt more players and defend better and you Mummy will be longer live.
3.-if you take break takle, you have a free rr.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, for all you people saying "I think it works like this..." or "By rights, it should work like this!" I just made a standalone test game and played through the different cases:

Mummy with MV 3 (actually I used my Necromantic team with the werewolves, but essentially it is the same thing):

Blitzing on Move 3 - The mummy gets 2 blocks without a GFI and can THEN still gfi 2 spaces afterwards => Free movement

Blitzing on Move 4, first GFI - Second Block needs a GFI as well and the Mummy has got no Movement left afterwards.

Blitzing on Move 5, Second GFI - In this case, the Mummy doesn't get to do the second frenzy block, as it didn't have enough movement to do so.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

for me keeping him isn't a problem. If you play caging, he is still quicker than mummy. His AG gives him a real option to dodge out a blitz a free way to the ball carrierer. I would keep him but NOT give him sure feet. no no no.
It could be usefull, but there can be more usefull skills (passblock for exemple)

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2005 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut, you are correct from what little I've experimented with frenzy on the client. As has been stated before, frenzy doesn't work strictly according to the LRB because of difficulties in programming it properly for JavaBowl. Not a knock against the client, and not a statement of 'I think it should be this or that,' it's just a statement of fact. And personally, not all that big an issue to me. I hadn't intended to create such a debate. Smile
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

-MA? No prob, keep him, without a doubt. AG4 is very nice for him anyway
 Jump to: