39 coaches online • Server time: 08:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Torellion_Hawkwind

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats your worst game ever and why?

For me was my last game vs a friend, my chaos team vs his orcs, and quite litterally did NOTHING and why?

DICE

sit back and watch the enermy play, seriously the worst game i have ever play, soley becuase well, i DIDNT play.

wasnt not lack skill, was nothing to do with taking risk, it was to do with ever dice rolling the worst it can one the FIRST ACTION.

7 turn of the first half i did nothing, rolling double attacker down and things like that on LOW risk actions,such as blocking with 2 or 3 dice in favour, hey my mintaurn even knocked himself out, ridiculous and insane, neither i nor my opponent enjouy the game as result, becuase it was not even a game.

no matter what i did, no matter how much the statistical odds was in my favour i failed every roll resulting in turn over, all i could do was watch the game without any hope of compeating.

*sighs*
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously you should have started doing 3 die blocks in your opponent's favour in response and surprise him with 3 POW results Wink

On a more serious note, yeah that bites!
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well be thankfull you didnt play under the OLD PI rules when on thew opening kick off the fans would storm the field, kill 2 players and KO the other 4.

game over quickly

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

There are NO dice...just players that can't be bothered playing! As a coach you should have a big team meeting and remind them of what is on the line...get them motivated!

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Obviously you should have started doing 3 die blocks in your opponent's favour in response and surprise him with 3 POW results Wink

On a more serious note, yeah that bites!

On my scrim line hits was 3 dice with my mino, i roll pushback or both down result, but i frezny, no bblock so obviously i followed up, the frezy 2nd blow howerver was just 1 dice which was nice attacker down, fiar enough, except i went to the KO, so not only was it a armour break it was thick skull fail Sad

but yea, maybe i should just dont everything against the odds, coz in ONE of very few turns when i did have control i was in situation wher i was deseprate for option, so my beastmen pulled off some magnificent dodging, tho i thing that the other thing they ever did right
Zardek

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My worst game ever must have been a game against a friend...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=864889
At one point during that game I was at 32 % luck and opponent at 71% luck.
Even my apothecary failed in this game and I got one niggling injury.

Well I agree with Torellion. It was not even a game, coz there was no balance and no thrill in our game.
Sadly there's not much you can do about it when the dices are not your friend. Only thing is to end turn without doing any blocks, dodges or passes and that wouldn't help much.

Best thing is probably to forget the nightmare and remember that it's just a game after all. Smile

Last edited by Zardek on %b %24, %2005 - %17:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Torellion_Hawkwind

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
There are NO dice...just players that can't be bothered playing! As a coach you should have a big team meeting and remind them of what is on the line...get them motivated!

I like to to think that, but after game of hell like that you are painfully reminded it just game of chance not skill sometimes
trouble

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My statistically unluckiest game was my first on fummbl. At the half I had 20% luck, and at the end I had a 28%. My opponnent finished with an 80%. Amazing I played another game.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. while we are talking about the old PI-times... 4 PIs against me within 3 games (I had everytime at least 2 points more FF).
4 PIs, 21 victims, only 2 stuns.... wasted 2 teams.

In terms of unlucky games... I had a game where for the first 12 turns every 1d-roll was a 1 - which kinda sucks when you play elves. Oh.. and the famous game, where I managed to roll a total of 4 times doubleskull reroll doubleskull, and another 5 doubleskulls scattered inbetween. Still I could have won, if I would have managed one of my 2 opportunities for a 2+,2+ TD-pass.... well, in the end my opponent decided to make a string of about 6 4+ rolls or harder in order to score with his orcs - I could have blitzed him with 2d, but I failed the GFI (with my last RR). After he scored, he was mocking about him being the far superior coach in the chat.... now THAT´s what I call a shitty game.
Direwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Torellion_Hawkwind wrote:
I like to to think that, but after game of hell like that you are painfully reminded it just game of chance not skill sometimes

I know how you feel... the only way is try to remember that nearly EVERY game (with the exclusion of chess, checkers and a few others) can become a game of chance rather than skill.. Bbowl has the advantage that you need extremely bad (or good) luck to lose all the usefulness of your skills..

I lost a game with a Dark Elves team vs a Skaven team recently. My opponent played crap. Seriously. One of the worse plays I have ever seen. One-dice blocks when he could afford 2-dice ones. Unnecessary dodges. Used his apotecary on a badly hurt rat lineman on 3rd round...

..despite that he won 4-0. I was so annoyed that I had to retire my dark elf team and restart from scratch... lol.
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone said : Nuffle loves me
aspevall

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In a game today( or was it yesterday?) I was on luck 0% and my opponent had around 70%, that was after 3-4 turn. Guess if I was happy then.. GRRR!!! But at the end I had 50-60 something.. During the 5 or 6 last matches my apotecary had failed 4 out of 5 attempts! Damn the dice these times! Hopefullt the luck came back later...
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Worst game ever was with Orcs

First Block BOB 2DB rolls Skull Skull/Pow RR Snakeeyes Armour Breach Injury roll Kill (then my only good roll came in First Half, apo saved him).

Got 6 Turnovers in half 1 while using 4 RR....

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This one time I rolled the dice and they fell on the floor and took a big piss. Now those are some bad dice. BAD DICE, BAD DICE! I just rubbed their noses in it.
Celestial

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

No comment really necessary on this one...
1 RIP
1 SI
3 BH
There was one more KO after this picture too, leaving me with 3 players on the field.

I also got stopped at the goal line TWICE.
 Jump to: