20 coaches online • Server time: 08:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bitesize

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking Green Gruntz news!

Orc thrower, +AG on first AND second skill, double on third. What do you recommend I take as the doubles?

I'm thinking no to NoS, SA, other throwy skills - he is good enough at throwing, he is an orc, and who would catch it anyway?

Dodge is looking good, but at mid-200's TR in ranked it loses out. Guard would be nice for dipping him into the line and guarding up, but then he would get hit. Leap would be interesting, for sure.
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Tough choice.

Guard seems like a bad idea, as you really don't want this guy to get hit.
I agree with you on avoiding the passing skills.
Dodge probably would still be handy, even at your TR, and would help him to live longer.

Leap...now leap is an interesting choice. This is probably what I what take. An orc team's biggest problem is lack of mobility. AG 5 + Leap would do a lot to fix that. Instead of need to move 8 squares to get where he needs to be, your thrower could just leap over a player or two. It would come in quite handy in both retrieving lose balls and adding in that extra assist for a block.

The downside is that it would likely decrease your thrower's lifespan.
nin

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap souds good... you can use it to get in those nasty elf cages and pick the ball, then pass, nice. I would suround the thrower with orcs, not with oponents, so NoS seems less usefull, but getting in the cage dodging and using NoS to pass from the inside...
rale

Post 12 Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take dodge to keep him alive. Only armor 8 you know Very Happy
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

strong arm
bcs ag 5 dont help you much with throwing
ag 5 without accurate means he fumble ball at a long bomb with a 3
and it would be accurate with a 4
with accurate 2 / 3
and with sa 2 / 2

and thats funny to throw a long bomb with 97 % accurate
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong Arm

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a nice interesting problem to have. As you've already got a pretty handy thrower and probably favour a longer running drive i think i'd use him to help out on defense and so i think leap or dodge would both be good choices for some cage-busting action. Who's rolling your skills, double +st on a bob as well. Can i have some?
bitesize

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I forgot to mention I already have another good Thrower who has Accurate, Safe Throw, Block, Strong Arm.

I'm ruling guard out, ya'll were right about that.

Strong Arm is sounding a little better, but again I don't throw it very much. My blitzers are weak, my strength is in my 8 mighty blows and and 7 guards, so I run it. But I can still see how strongarm looks good.

Leap is sounding VERY good though. Hmm...

And yes, my rolls with those 2 guys are ridiculous. But those are the only ones; better to have the rolls spread out. Having 2 players this good gimps my team Smile
Markusen

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge or Leap would be my favorite.
Good when you knock down the opponents ball carrier and then pick up the ball with your AG5/Sure Hands Thrower - even if the ball is in some tackling zones.
macike

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take Leap for any of mine AG 5 players when possible. Why should your thrower? That's why:
a) when you need to leave a TZ it will enable to to go further 'behind enemy lines' (one 2+ Leap roll lets you to get to the square that now requires three 2+ rolls - Dodge, 2 x GFI; not mention that you can GFI twice then),
b) cage breaking,
c) do you need a S.Arm? how often you pass Long Bombs? just remember that your throw is always accurate or fumbled; never missed; place your defence accordingly. Smile

For next improvement(s) I would suggest:

- Pass Block (with Leap+P.Block combo there should be no problem to get into position for an INT. 50% for 2 SPP and TO for your opponent),
- Safe Throw,
- Block.

Nerves of Steel (in case you will manage to pick up the ball in a cage; to put thrower/catcher in your TZ when attempting an INT) on any double.

It's not bad idea to think about Guard instead of NoS. Since you get into cage you can wipe them out instead of picking up the ball that could be left for the next turn. However IMHO orcs have enough Guard possibilities to waste such an thrower for that skill.

PS
With your luck +1 ST is also quite probable and welcome. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap. although MA5 is a bit short, it is funny and opens up new possibilities =)

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

take frenzy
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong Arm, then Accurate for the 2+ long bomb. Plus, it would be Fro'de's skillset. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

strong arm and accurate then safe throw get all them throwing skills orc throwers with just ag5 ....evil and who will catch you ask? anyone aslong as its one with ag3 with a thrower like that you will allso have rr to make it most of the times.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=911886

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=845034

my old orc teams thorwers 228 CP between them with ag5 yikes Smile
macike

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
take frenzy

Without a block?
For what purpose?