50 coaches online • Server time: 17:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
macike

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
my old orc teams thorwers 228 CP between them with ag5 yikes Smile

Exactly. Thrower doesn't need AG 5 for such a simple task like throwing.

AG5 is what makes your thrower exceptional. Build on that. S.Hands and Pass are nice addition.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

take Nerves O steele

Jeffro
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
mymLaban wrote:
my old orc teams thorwers 228 CP between them with ag5 yikes Smile

Exactly. Thrower doesn't need AG 5 for such a simple task like throwing.

hmm if they dont need ag5 why is my thrower still the 2nd best thrower of all time orcs? with passing being that easy you would think someone would have taken that spot long ago.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

AG makes him a pretty good thrower, great at close range. But since for Passes a 1 before or after modification is a fumble, the -2 Long Bomb will make still be as likely a fumble with AG5 as with AG3. Take Strong Arm and it'll not only be less likely to fumble, but more likely to be on target if it doesn't fumble!

i.e. there is a reason elf throwers with +AG drool over a doubles to get Strong Arm and someday attain the 2+ accurate Long Bomb...

Post 22 Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:

hmm if they dont need ag5 why is my thrower still the 2nd best thrower of all time orcs? with passing being that easy you would think someone would have taken that spot long ago.

I'm affraid that you misunderstood my post.

AFAIK neither Thrazer nor Da bomber have AG5. Both are great. Da bomber is a prove that one double roll is enough to develop a wonderful throwing machine. With AG3 accompanied by Accurate and S.Arm passing is an easy task. Isn't it?

Each of them scored circa about 100 COMP - that's great.
Let's check what else have they achieved in circa about 100 games: 0 INT, 1 TD.

What I meant is that AG5 orc thrower can do a lot more than just simple (ie. easy) scenario:
- me pink up ball,
- me roar: yellow you green wun, 'ere goes ball,
- me pass.

That's what every stupid but improved AG3 thrower can do. Wink

And why is Da bomber "still the 2nd best thrower of all time orcs"?
Maybe because other orcish coaches do not know that each COMP is a 1 SPP and it's easier for a thrower to make 2 COMPs than 1 CAS. His average is 1.2 COMP/match. Not too much. Should not be so hard to beat with a thrower lucky enough to be able to play over 100 games. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So, score about 100 comp and you can be considered great, eh? Wow, never knew I had such terrific passers in my skaven squad! lol

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

frenzy is shit.

leap is the best, or maybe pass block.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the thrower is somewhat slow, but wouldn't he make an excellent cagebreaker/ball grabber in the middle of a crowd? I'm thinking along the lines of Leap and Dump Off, since you already have an offensive thrower. Make a defensive thrower, perhaps?
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd take dodge, NoS on next double. Why? You're going to turn him into the designated ball-guy to pick up the ball, then run downfield. If somebody finally gets near him, he can dodge away easily enough; if somebody actually tries to hit him, Dump Off to an agi 3 guy anywhere around...with agi5, if you've caged well enough, he'll only have a single tz on him, making him pass as well as agi 4...more than sufficient for quick/short passes dump off allows. The dodge is then simply a survivability factor, as if you keep him surrounded by several guard players he'll not get knocked down often.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Strong Arm would get my vote.

I'd also retire the other thrower as with your team makeup 2 is a luxury. then hire a rookie for ball handling if anything happens to the Ag5 guy.

You have a proto uber-orc-thrower. use the MB/guard team to defend him as you develop catchers for him.

People often overlook goblins as cheep recievers to help you change style. Stunty means no line is safe.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My gut instinct was to recommend strong arm, but after reading this thread, I agree: Orcs simply don't do long bombs. A leaping ag5 thrower is far more useful.
Nalavara

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Leader, if not I would agree with some of the others and take dodge or NOS, depends on how you play him ie:- runner or passer type.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be a real waste not to use the double for an agility skill, since the thrower doesn't normally have that access, and a strength skill wouldn't make much sense either, since AG 5 is what we're centering the discussion around...
macike

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
So, score about 100 comp and you can be considered great, eh?

We're talking about orcish throwers.
If this makes him 2nd best orc thrower than of course yes.

Look what I said about his average 1.2 COMP/match. That's easy to beat even with an orcish thrower.

Post 22 Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Personally, I'd take dodge

Personally if I read your team roster before a match (what I always do) my Tackle equipped blocker would be hunting/tackling your thrower all the time he appears on the field.

So if your thrower has to leave my TZ what opportunity would you prefer:
a) to use a Leap,
b) not to use a Dodge?