61 coaches online • Server time: 18:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Chainsaw's Razor Atonement Petition
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
No
88%
 88%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 53

Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You can unretire players as long as you haven't played a match since retiring said player.

This is different. This directly affects a game (conceding) so is not so simple (or, arguably, much simpler).

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Orks can't read and are stubborn therefore you should have read the rules before conceding.

Now razor is gone and you'll never get him back, sad it is but you have learn something from it.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Pain.

I've been reading those reports with great interest, so plz dont stop because of this.

I voted no. Rules are rules.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Does not matter what we discuss here. Razor is gone and won't come back.
A lot of coaches did there mistakes, but from these you have to learn.
The admins cannot be kind in any case. Otherwise tons of coaches tries to reanimate their past players.

Sad to be you, but this is BB - it's not only cruel on the pitch Wink
Markusen

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, you got rid of a niggler.
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not attached to razor; off with his head

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:

Yup...we find to hard to retire our favorite players, even when they artificially inflate tr/ts and have niggles and such. Count this as blessing. When I lose a mummy or something I just know that means my next mummy might get back to back str increases. That'd be alright.
ruoste

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

muahahaha, no way of knowing... had you played by the rules in the first place, this would have come quite acquinted.

in 9 times of 10, people who ask questions in the main chat (and in which i have no problem with) have actually not read the faq/rules/lrb etc. maybe this is a warning, and a warning we all need. but still, rules are rules, and the ones in fumbbl state you should be acquinted to the rules of the BB.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd bet you aren't the first and won't be the last. It's a hard lesson to learn and one that I hope to avoid (by never having to concede... hopefully).

On the plus side, there is no way you are going to forget this rule if you are in the same position in future...

I agree others here, it would be nice to have a warning sign come up in the client when you hit concede.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:

There's always a bright side. Wink

Still, he shouldn't have been niggled. That was stupidity from me, which reminds me, I must make a report on that match - I had a good line!
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You will get another star. And another one. And another one. I had half of my elf team leave because I casually conceded the game to have dinner. That sucked, but I got over it. I can rebuild, restart. It's not like I can't get any games here on FUMBBL (though I have noticed I'm approached less for games nowadays, even with my darkies). No, your player cannot be unretired. You will come to understand, in time. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

mulvax wrote:
Yup...we find to hard to retire our favorite players, even when they artificially inflate tr/ts and have niggles and such. Count this as blessing.

I see and agree with where you're coming from. However, when you have a player so close to being a Legend and so close to topping the top 10 charts (he was ~10 tds away from being #1 active scoring ranked orc and ~50 tds away from #1 all time scoring ranked orc) it's a slightly different scenario. There's favourite players, and there's top ranked players. I'd already culled two favourite players because of a niggle and high SPP.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you learned it the hard way. The only learned are those who have learned themselves.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
No, your player cannot be unretired. You will come to understand, in time. Smile

I understood fine to start with. I just thought I'd let out a heartfelt plea that this is probably the of the most genuine case for a player being unfairly lost. People say you should know the rules, but the LRB is big and I just don't concede. I never did with the TT and I really only did this time because it was getting ridiculous, 5 men left with nearly 3/4 of the game left and an opp whose sole goal was seemingly to foul and score turn 8 TDs.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
I really only did this time because it was getting ridiculous, 5 men left with nearly 3/4 of the game left and an opp whose sole goal was seemingly to foul and score turn 8 TDs.

It is part of the Fumbbl learning experience, you will encounter this type of play again and again. I admire your taking on all challenges, but the consequences can be painful sometimes. Consider it a lesson.
 Jump to: