56 coaches online • Server time: 21:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamby16

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya all, my team the "Darkstar Devils" (Necromantic) have a TR 167 and a TS 158. In my opinion (I might be wrong) the only games i get with similar TR/TS teams are incredibly one-sided. These teams tend either to be Dwarves/Chaos Dwarves full of Block/Tackle/Guard/mighty blow - a hell of a lot stronger than my team, or Amazons/Elves with a LOT of skill increases to make them impossible to catch. What I'm getting at, is that I dont think my team is good enough to have such a high TR. I've fired a couple of players to try and reduce it, but am stuck for ideas about what to do next.

Any help??

my team:
http://fumbbl.com/teams/Darkstar+Devils.html

Last edited by lamby16 on %b %19, %2005 - %11:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy the fourth reroll.

Your TR will decrease a LOT and your TS will increase A LOT.
Plus, you will win many more games.

Easy enough, uh?
Wink
ps: fix the url you provided.
ps2: oh, sure hands on wights is a total waste. take block-tackle on wights instead... And develop a couple block-dodge-surehands ghouls. Ghouls are meant to be ballcarriers. Tackling wights help vs amazons... Wink

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %19, %2005 - %11:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah buy a rr you will get a better tr/ts ratio

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help guys, but i was looking to REDUCE my TR/TS if it goes up I'll get stuffed even more Sad
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tr will go down 7 from buying a rr

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys should have said: Your TR will decrease a LOT and your TS will increase A LOT
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Espionage wrote:
JanMattys should have said: Your TR will decrease a LOT and your TS will increase A LOT

Err... of course. Very Happy

Edited.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW do coaches/cheerleaders affect TR/TS i dont mind firing a couple of them.

Last edited by lamby16 on %b %19, %2005 - %11:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
OverDose

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

drop your assistant coaches and cheerleaders. It will increase your TR / TS ratio a lot.
mUst

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yes they do
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

can't remember how much they affect TS but your TR will drop 1 for each fired coach/cheerleader

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

lamby16 wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, but i was looking to REDUCE my TR/TS if it goes up I'll get stuffed even more Sad

It's not about the TR. The trick with team management as with anything in life is to get the highest possible value for money. Every point of TR you have needs to strengthen your team. In practice this means trying to skill every player and keeping the total number of players down to about 13 at your TR.

First of all: buy the reroll as said above. Your TR/TS will then be 160/165. After that, never keep this much cash in the bank. You now have 17TR fromt he money, but gain no strenght from it on the pitch. Then get a 2nd ghoul next, this will give you 13 players and 4 rerolls. That is enough for the short term.

Then start dumping excess cash or buy a star every now and then.

Edit: oh yes, I even missed the cheerleaders and assistants. Dump them!

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %19, %2005 - %11:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

...Or (even better) fire the surehands Pro wight and get a new one.
and give him tackle Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

In reply to the comment about sure hands being a waste on the Wights, I dont think so. The Wights are my primary Blitzers - going in to waste ball carriers. before I got Sure Hands, they'd dodge 3 tackle zones go for it twice to Blitz the ball carrier, KO them and then drop the ball!! only for the opposition team to pick it up and score very easily. I've lost too many games due to terrible ball handling. Also, Ghouls are far to easy to break, give them the ball and they're just moving targets for Blockers/Blitzers to pound. I'd easily give up 1MA and Dodge for 1AV and Block
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

lamby16 wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

In reply to the comment about sure hands being a waste on the Wights, I dont think so. The Wights are my primary Blitzers - going in to waste ball carriers. before I got Sure Hands, they'd dodge 3 tackle zones go for it twice to Blitz the ball carrier, KO them and then drop the ball!! only for the opposition team to pick it up and score very easily. I've lost too many games due to terrible ball handling. Also, Ghouls are far to easy to break, give them the ball and they're just moving targets for Blockers/Blitzers to pound. I'd easily give up 1MA and Dodge for 1AV and Block

1- Wolves are your primary blitzers. Or at least should be. One must be ready to score, one blitzes. Do this for 16 turns and you will be fine.
2- You only need one sure hands player. He picks up the ball (saving the rr), and then goes down the field ready to pass/handoff to the wolves.
3- ghouls are better ballcarriers because of their mobility. Wights need a double to be blodgers, ghouls don't. I would give away block av8 all the time to get +1MA and agility access...