34 coaches online • Server time: 02:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The 170k in the bank is adding 17TR without getting you anything for in return. Spend it. On a reroll. As said earlier.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone without regen will always be a target on a necro team, but you'll just have to live with that, they won't live long. But sure hands aren't that good on the wights, sure, they can blitz the oppo's ball carrier, knock the ball loose... Then bring other players next to the ball, and after that go pick up the ball with a ghoul. The ghouls should be the primary ball carriers and scorers, like the werewolves. Just learn to protect them, when they are out there. Wolves are usually fouled a lot, so don't expect them to live very long.

The wights are just a lot better, at blitzing, give them tackle and MB. And handle the ball with some other players. Mostly the ghouls, that's what they are on the team for.
xlars

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You dont need to drop your TS/TR, you need to pick better skills!!
The wolfes are the primary scores on the team, give one of them surehands if you feel like using surehands. The other wolf should be the primary blitzer on the team, block, tackle, strip ball. Replace the wights, they need tackle way more than surehands, forget about pro until skill, no. 5-6 or 7. You might wanna consider giving one or two of the zombies Dirty Player, just for protection Wink IMO, the less expencive the player is, the more should he foul. 3-4 extra Zombies on the team doesnt raise your TS/TR much. And then its ok if one of them gets thrown out.
About ghouls, I usually have one, but an av 7 player without regen or apo just make me twitch every time hes on the field.
/XL

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

With amazement I read that 'sure hands' is a 'waste' on Wights.

Sure; tackle is always a first but (barring doubles/stat increases) I feel sure hands is a decent second skill. Ball-handling ghouls is all well and fine but as a VERY experienced Undead coach let me tell you that these ghouls tend to die or MNG quite often with AV7 and no apo/reg. Then you can always fall back on the Wight.

Bear in mind that there is not much choice for a wight to begin with anyway with G-access only. Sad

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
With amazement I read that 'sure hands' is a 'waste' on Wights.

Sure; tackle is always a first but (barring doubles/stat increases) I feel sure hands is a decent second skill. Ball-handling ghouls is all well and fine but as a VERY experienced Undead coach let me tell you that these ghouls tend to die or MNG quite often with AV7 and no apo/reg. Then you can always fall back on the Wight.

Bear in mind that there is not much choice for a wight to begin with anyway with G-access only. Sad

Thank You!!! Someone who shares my opinion, besides if my wights have sure hands on Turn 8 of the second/first half i can guarantee they'll pick up the ball so i can pass it for a couple of spps. otherwise i wouldnt risk it and stick to blocks.
xlars

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Jinxed: The team in question is a necromantic team, so only if both wolfes and what ever number of ghouls you have are out, then the wights are ball handlers. That could happen, but not so often that i would take surehands on my necro wights, before 3/4 skill. Undead wights on the other hand gets sure hands as 1. or 2. skill.
/XL

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Even withmy necro's I tend to give them sure hands (after tackle of course!)

What else? Shadowing with MA6? Pass block with AG3? kick? dirty player?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to keep a single assistant coach in case your head coach gets banned for arguing the call. +1 TR/TS isn't going to matter much.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think the issue is that he gave Sure Hands as first skill. A wight might benefit more from Pro than Surehands, since his general role will tend to be less to do with the ball and more to do with hitting. I'd think of SureHands as a nice 3rd skill choice (2nd back when Pro was doubles for the poor guy)

And don't knock passblock, even on AG3. Just being able to get him to shift position can be a big thing - and the 'threat' of a passblocker can make an opponent switch up tactics, or purposely avoid that flank, or target him instead of one of your more fragile (read: regen-less) players on an offensive drive...Smile

Not that Sure Hands won't be very useful at times, but there are other skill choices that would give more 'bang for the buck' than Sure Hands first thing.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine! I get the point, i've made a terrible coaching error giving my wights Sure hands. but that wasnt the issue in question. Anyways, now whats done is done, does anyone have any ideas as to further improvement? I'm thinking (Thanks to you lot) Tackle for the Wights. but how do i develop the Wolves? should i take Sprint/Sure feet? i dont see mcuh use in any of the Agility/general skills for them without a dedicated passer on the team. fair enough i could take DP/Side step but that wouldnt make much difference to their performance.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

lamby16 wrote:
Fine! I get the point, i've made a terrible coaching error giving my wights Sure hands. but that wasnt the issue in question. Anyways, now whats done is done, does anyone have any ideas as to further improvement? I'm thinking (Thanks to you lot) Tackle for the Wights. but how do i develop the Wolves? should i take Sprint/Sure feet? i dont see mcuh use in any of the Agility/general skills for them without a dedicated passer on the team. fair enough i could take DP/Side step but that wouldnt make much difference to their performance.

I'd go block-dodge-sure feet with one wolf (the scoring one). Mobility is the key, so maybe I forgot important stuff but I hope you get the point.
And Block-tackle-strip ball (Mighty Blow on doubles) for the killer. You can add dodge here if you want more survivability... but Claw/MB wolves die soon no matter what you give them... Very Happy

ps: you don't really need a dedicated passer imho. With mov7 ghouls and mov 8 wolves you should just pick up and handoff for the score. I wouldn't recommend Dirty Player on a wolf, cause they are your keys to victory and you can't afford them to be sent off the field.

disclaimer: I just coached a Necro team for (say) 15 games here on Fumbbl. I think my suggestions make sense, but anyone feel free to shut me up. Very Happy

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %19, %2005 - %17:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Block-dodge-sidestep for the wolves is a pretty safe bet. Increases survivability and makes them annoying as hell. MB is good on doubles. Don't expect to get them much more skills after that Wink
lamby16

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Block-dodge-sidestep for the wolves is a pretty safe bet. Increases survivability and makes them annoying as hell. MB is good on doubles. Don't expect to get them much more skills after that Wink

Does everyone just try to kill wolves??? Every game I've played they've had so much attention i've been practically able to walk down the field with everyone else!! it's like they've got "HURT ME" stapled to their foreheads!!
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball is also a pretty good skill on Wights. Gives you an option for less damage (no ninja-banzai-kamikaze-claw-wolf-blitz) but unless he´s got sure hands [oh the irony] he drops the ball.

lamby16 wrote:
Does everyone just try to kill wolves???

YES!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I, personally, love getting players onto the Top Ten List. The only reason Wink I made a necro team, was because they had the over-all best chance to get me guys on there. therefore I avoid Ghouls, as they have a tendency to die. I am building my wights to be Passers. Period, end of story. HOWEVER..... If they are gonna be Blitzers, Tackle is a must as a first skill, the idea of making skill choices that enhance each other WILL help you compete at your TR level. Or, you can start a new team, and play my flings!!!!!