14 coaches online • Server time: 02:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dannyrax

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My chaos team, the Chaos Abortion, are ready to start producing some really needed victories. I have finally achieved to give a majority of my players their basic skill, Block! Now, with my last game, I finally got away with a victory, two very interresting skills (MA+, Claw), cash enough for a 12th player (CW), and no RIP player (WOE HOU!!!!).

Here is the link to the team.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=196480

1. What should be my next investment in the team?
a) Reroll b)Chaos Warrior c)Minotaur d)Ogre e)None of the above

2. I'm kind of nervous about the direction I should go skill wise when my next player happen to get a boost. What should I do? I read thousands of coach around here complaining about being unlucky to find other coach to play their team, mainly due to the agressiveness of their team. I was in the impression that you should play against anykind of teams to be a good player. I even played another player last week with a much more complete (and brutal) Chaos team then me... I think the only match I refused since I've joined Fumbbl were players trying to get me to play them while I was already accepting another... Anyway. And since a chaos team has only General and Strengh skills access, isnt it kind of the only direction to go (bashing and destructive skills)...?.?.? Or am I mistaken on what a Chaos team should be?

3. What should I do if my FF continue to freeze so low. I played 8 match since the birth of that team. I started at 6 FF, and it got down to 4 in three match. It's only yesterday that it finally got back at 5. Is there anyway I can grow a team and still find people to play me if my FF continue to jam at this level??? Should I stop spending my cash on expending the team to stop the gap between the level of my TR and FF from getting bigger?

Thanks in advance

Dan
Buur

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

why did you start a team with ff6? was i a team you never intended to grow....?
-Buur

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My priorities are:
1- Have all 4 Chaos Warriors.
2- After that, buy the fifth RR
3- After that, buy the Ogre or the Troll (it's up to personal choice). Avoid the Mino... you'll have better blitzers who don't have to roll a d6 to move. Very Happy

ps about the ff issue: try to score twice, and get at least 2 cas... that helps with FF... Apart from that, winning is a good strategy to have FF grow. If you are unlucky and you drop to below 5, you'll be in big trouble.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

1: i would definetly go with a CW as your first purchase, 4 rr's should be enough for that tr.
2: it is all a matter of what kind of teams you think you're gonna play. a little ball handling skills would properly be good (surehands). And some tackle to take on the pesky elves. MB to take out the tough players. And off course guard to put up a bit more off an offence/defence
3: i must say it is a very low starting ff. There isn't really much else to do but start winning games get your 2 td/cas per game is going a long way towards higher ff.

just my 2 cents

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

1.) Chaos Warrior, much more reliable than a BG.

2.) On doubles I would go with at least a few dodge, one Big Hand, Pass, Dauntless and catch. As for normal skill rolls go with block, tackle, sure hands, strip ball, guard and a few Mighty Blow.

Do not just go for bash because you will end up not playing any games. All-out-Bash only works in tournaments since you are garanted games.

3.) Always aim for at least 2 tds and 2 cas (and they have to count for spps so foul, failed dodge and crowdsurf doesn´t cut it).

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Rimmer wrote:

3.) Always aim for at least 2 tds and 2 cas (and they have to count for spps so foul, failed dodge and crowdsurf doesn´t cut it).

actually fouls do count

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_QB wrote:
Rimmer wrote:

actually fouls do count

I think they don't.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

they are shown as part of the total cas made so yes they do

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont failed dodges as well?

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

no those don't, aswell as crowdpushed. only fouls and blocks counts towards your ff modifiers

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that 6 FF is concidered a low starting point. But I must say, it was not my first attempt to build a Chaos team (and I mean with my real BB boardgame and in fumbbl), and for this time I decided to take a template from the User guide that I found on this site. The 4 RR were the only pricy thing I purchased when I started. That is the main reason why I did not had the cash to aim for higher FF. And I must say that without 4 RR, my no skill 11 beastmen starting roster, would have been ass kicked many more times, and I would have not won three of the eight games I played, but only one, the last (thank god for Block on five players).

Anyway, I'll try to win those next games though. And hope to get the results I need. I think that it's gonna be a little easier now... But I may be awefully mistaken... we'll see!

Thanks for the advices guys.

D

-Al Pacino in Carlito's Way (1993)
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

dannyrax wrote:
I was in the impression that you should play against anykind of teams to be a good player. I even played another player last week with a much more complete (and brutal) Chaos team then me... I think the only match I refused since I've joined Fumbbl were players trying to get me to play them while I was already accepting another... Anyway. And since a chaos team has only General and Strengh skills access, isnt it kind of the only direction to go (bashing and destructive skills)...?.?.? Or am I mistaken on what a Chaos team should be?

why should people take the risk of having their entire team destroyed by a team whose sole purpose is to destroy ? why should they waste their time (for the game and for skilling up their team) just to please some coach who didn't realize there were other ways to play BB than Claw, RSC, and Mighty Blow, and that pure destruction was available to him in the form of ALL the other games of GW...?

let's see how long your DEs and Skaven last when you play them against Ogres, Claw-RSC Chaos, and Orcs full of Mighty Blow.

when you've been crushed to dust by someone not even bothering with the ball, maybe you'll realize that pure bashing is boring, and that there are indeed OTHER skills to give a Chaos team, that make the game fun for both the opponents.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Just like you pointed out. I play indeed other kinds of teams. Not all bashing. And like I explained in the text that you quoted in your post, I indeed played against those types of teams before. But building a Chaos team into something that they can't hardly be like trying to build them for a passing play to me is like trying to build a elf team into bashing and running team. And I don't get the idea that when a coach select a agressive skill, it means automaticaly that he wants to destroy the team in front of him to bits. Of course, I'm not saying that I don't intend to push my way to the end zone of the other team. I just want to score like all the other teams.

To me, being frustrated by agressive skill, or more precisely by what they can do, can be apply to any kind of play. I mean, if I was like a all the way, block and run type of player, then all those Side steps, Dodge, Leap skill would be just has frustrating to me. ''What's the point in playing BB if the other player just want to run around and avoid getting some contact with my team.... etc, etc, etc...'' It just don't make sense to me. The game is called BLOOD bowl!!! I mean if you only want to play clean games, then get a playstation and buy an NFL game !?!?!?!

That whole arguments about are those skills too agressive or not, is just completely absurd and weird. There's Ogre, Orcs, Dark elves, Beastmen, Chaos Dwarf. They are all races with violent history. To me if you play a team like an elf team or anything alike, the real challenge is to win while playing against somethin' your team is not. If the weakness of your team is speed, winning against a quick team is really an achievement, not playing a equally slow one???

No?

D
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

dannyrax wrote:
The game is called BLOOD bowl!!!

I stopped reading when I saw this tid-bit. I've seen it too often and it doesn't make any more sense now than it did the first time. Rolling Eyes

The name of the game is ball control, not killing stuff. Killer skills don't grant you ball control throughout the game - only at the end of the game, if you get lucky on the cas. There are better strength skills and mutations to take.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it says in the LRB Q&A that foul cas do not count versus the fanfactor roll and it isn´t listed in the differences from the rulebook file.