41 coaches online • Server time: 15:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We're only human, not perfect. Maybe in the next version, eh?

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

this is indeed a difference between the LRB and JBB, and no, it's not listed in the differencesbla.txt.

dannyrax wrote:
Just like you pointed out. I play indeed other kinds of teams. Not all bashing.

sorry mate, but for now, i only see your Chaos and Orc team with games. so no, you don't "play" other teams, you just "have" them for now, and they certainly haven't played dwarves, orcs, claw-chaos, etc.

dannyrax wrote:
I mean if you only want to play clean games, then get a playstation and buy an NFL game !?!?!?!

stupid comment, but don't worry, you're not the only one, plenty of other newbies have made them before.
who said i didn't like to bash ? where exactly did i say that ? i've said that a team whose sole purpose (and thus, skill choices) is about destroying the opposition, doesn't deserve to be fielded in a game of BB, but should go on a warhammer field. Orcs, Ogres, Chaos, Dwarves, are all violent teams. actually, their starting skills already make them violent and strong. why do you feel compelled to take only destruction skills, which more than any other skill are about being lucky with the armor/injury rolls, instead of other skills which actually have a tactical influence on the field ? why do you think Claw is better than Frenzy, or Foul Appearance ? because you're a mindless basher who thinks he's good when armor gets beaten, that's why.

play bashy, i really encourage you, that's what i do. i love defence in this game, and hate elf vs elf games where everyone scores 6 TDs. but you don't need to take boring skills to do that.

EDIT: oh, and just for fun...
the game is called blood BOWl. so why can't we have a bow and arrows ?!?
the game is called blood bOWL. so why can't i coach an Owls roster ?!?

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok several post to reply to and I have just short amount of time to reply so, to those it's adressed you will know.

My argument over those who state that every team that make the blasphem of choosing a skill that is agressive is a destruction seeker is this:

It's not because you choose for one of your player a agressive skill, that your whole style of play will be resumed to destroying the team in front of you. I will be the first to complain if someone choose to try to win the game by destroy opposing team before trying to score touchdowns. And I find quite insulting that you label me like this after only ONE skill that I choose... ONE. If you had replayed any of my match you would have noticed, not only that I play the game like a football game, but that I embrace it in all it's aspect, and I'm supportive and positive with all the player that I played. I challenge you to ask to any player who encountered me if I'm not have been anything less then a gentleman even in the most painful and bloody games I had lost. In fact if you had met any person with whom I play games of anytype, you would have known. But you did not, and I understand that. But that you presume I'm like this, and don't even try to verify before you attack me IS insulting. What about suggesting skills development ideas, or simply ask me if my goal IS to destroy everything. Then maybe you would have understood that I'm not like this. Instead, you put on a speach on how bad players are those who use some traits or skill you don`t like... G

And if you play also a bashing game, why are you complaining about me trying to build one. Is there a line that a player has not to cross to be playing a good game to you. If so, what is it? Should we create a black list of skills not to use. Why not just plainly ask to the next Bloodbowl assembly to reform the rules to take out, Strengh teams... Ah, but then again Mighty Blow and Dirty Player as already been tweaked down to be less powerful, so I guess the next step is to simply erase them from the game. What about no foul at all...

I can think of absolutely nothing that would give the right to anyone to look down to players who choose to play that kind of game the way it simply IS.

With violence, with finesse, with strange setup and tactics, to simple plain football tactics.

And for the you have team but you don't play them blablabla... Yes, I did not play them yet. If there was a ''date of creation or somethin'" you would have known that I created them, in maybe the last two weeks... The reason for that is simple. I registered, I think in december of last year, just when we bought the new boardgame edition. We thought that if we could not play in front of each other (my friends and I) we could use the JBB to play by distance. We played alot on the board, little with JBB. Now I moved and we decided to continue playing over the internet using this site. And here I'm. I decided to play in ranked, but since you can only create two teams at the start... (I will not state the rules of the site you probably know them more then me)... I created other team for praticing in Unranked, but I found that I did not had trouble to play full time in Ranked so I did not played them yet. And when I was saying that I played against any player that asked me, I'm not lying. The proof is that I indeed played Dwarfs, Chaos (with skills... did you even looked at the games my team played and the amount of RIP I had... I don't think so! Or you would not have replied that nonsense), Nurgle Rottens, Amazon (they put me into bits), Dark Elves, anything. The only kind I did not played yet are undead's kind...

And last, I'm new here, and you're speaking to me like I've been around for ever. Persecuting and putting your teams into bits since the birth of fumbbl. Just keep in mind that I'm not the kind of guy who play to win only with the dirty way... 1. You don't know me. & 2. If I ever encounter any of you in a game, I think you'll be suprised to see that I'm a positive player. And I chalenge any of you to find a player against I played who will not say to you that I've been respect full, even in the most unlucky or bloody game I've played.

Misconception is everywhere, and that argument of a tough player is bad player is one of them. What I say is simply that the game should be played has a whole. With all it's aspect. And I'm willing to experience it myself. What I don't understand is the attitude which seems to be yours that some part of the game is in some way "bad?". I'm only pointing out, that to me it is pointless to play a game if you don't embrace what it is.

D

Last edited by dannyrax on %b %22, %2005 - %05:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Jervis Johnson wrote:
CHAOS TEAMS
Chaos teams are not noted for the subtlety or originality of their game play. A simple driveup the centre of the field, maiming and injuring as many opposing players as possible, isabout the limit of their game plan. They rarely, if ever, worry about such minorconsiderations like picking up the ball and scoring touchdowns – not while here are anyplayers left alive in the opposing team, anyway.

advice from the very top Rolling Eyes

Jazz

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, sure... but there is fluff text and there is sound advice for having a great time in an international community of playing Bloodbowl.

In the end, it's the guy that scores the most TDs that wins. Not the one that makes the most casualties.

Regards,
Jazz
Markusen

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

a) definitly more CW - Big guys mostly suck and 4 RR are quite much for a newbie Chaos team
b) go for at least one Sure Hands; also think about Guard, Tackle, one Dirty Player (some Mighty Blows are nice but not that importend)
doubles... most interesting part.
For CW Claw (if you have to much of 'em less players wanna face you!), Tentacles, Stand Firm, Frenzy
For BM Claw (look above), Stand Firm, Dodge, Dauntless, Frenzy, Foul Appearence, maybe Spikes
c) you cannot force a rise of FF, but you can give your team better chances. Like mentioned, score at least 2 TDs and hurt your opponent!!!
dannyrax

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just not sure if I should give guard to players with block or maybe building special players with precise job to do.

Exemple:
LOS: CW (block), Beastmen (Horn, Guard), CW (Block)

or

LOS: CW (Block, Guard), Beastment (Horn, Block), CW (Block, Guard)

Surehands will probably be for my ''MA+'' beastmen.

Still thinking about what to do. I guess I better just hope my FF gets a boost soon, or I might end up retire it. I would like to succeed though. Chaos was one of the first team I bought when I started to play BB last year. I thought the figures were awesome. If we had continued to play with the boardgame version, my next buy was a Dark elves team. That Witch would have been too cool to paint.

D

-Al Pacino in Carlito's Way (1993)
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone has mentioned the virtues of the CW so lets just say i agree.

The claw guy should seek tackle as dodgers do cause problems. I would advise against RSC if you get doubles cos you will have a beast of a time finding a game. The CWs are the important guys to get guard with since beastmen are the ones that need the assists.

For other doubles go with tenticles on the CW and perhaps a tail or two for the beastmen. Hope for a few ag 4s.... but mabey that was just my experience. Chaos has a hard time against teams able to move around better then you so obstructing movement is important.

Don't waste doubles on dodge since you are bound to have only one or two guys max with it and every team has one or two tackles to correspond. Foul Appearance is a worthwhile defensive investment....especially if you get a guy with that and passblock. Also, don't be afraid to give a guy tackle before block. Block usually does not help you with guys with dodge since at that tr they tend to also have block as well. A tackler hunts down dodgers which usually have low armour. Check out my killer of the catchers....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1982749

Now get that FF up at all costs. Remember, you need to be bashy and manuverable to win against all races. Happy hunting!

Peace,
__Synn
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not 3 CWs on the line? Or do you only have 2 right now (I haven't looked at your roster)?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

generally block as a first skill (on most of the players), and guard / tackle as a second skill (you need some of each). One player with DP, and one with kick is a nice addition.
You need a couple of players that develop a bit differently - a beastman with sure hands, then block is a reasonable ball carrier.

Snorri

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
dannyrax wrote:
The game is called BLOOD bowl!!!

I stopped reading when I saw this tid-bit. I've seen it too often and it doesn't make any more sense now than it did the first time. Rolling Eyes

The name of the game is ball control, not killing stuff. Killer skills don't grant you ball control throughout the game - only at the end of the game, if you get lucky on the cas. There are better strength skills and mutations to take.

Amusing. Like mezir says, people quote "BLOOD bowl" to justify their decisions so often its almost irrational. Then you get the people on the other extreme who rage against this and may as well be saying its "blood BOWL", but they dont pretend to stoop to that level. The ranked environment seems to have a natural tendency to provide a home for these extremists, which is all well and good, but I think alot of people miss the point that its "BLOOD BOWL" and its the combination of the two that make the game so interesting. But the only place where you're really find the challenge (and enjoyment) of both the blood and the bowl (starting to sound religious here!) are in Leagues with a balanced and varied group that run a format/tournament where you can't dodge games.
dannyrax

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Synn for your post. Lots of stuff I did not think about (reasons for guard on CW especially).
Since I never played a team past the stage of a single tournament, and by tournament I mean aprox 6 to 8 games with the same team, I never had the chance to build further than that. Long term development ideas are what I'm looking for. Thx

And to SolomonKane, I only have one CW right now, but I was making the exemple for the future (if the team survive his low FF)

D

Last edited by dannyrax on %b %22, %2005 - %10:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:

EDIT: oh, and just for fun...
the game is called blood BOWl. so why can't we have a bow and arrows ?!?
the game is called blood bOWL. so why can't i coach an Owls roster ?!?

The game is called bLOOd bowl, which explains why my dice are usually in the crapper! Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl does not exist in the ranked environment. In fact, in reality Blood Bowl as written in the rules does not exist anywhere except perhaps (and I highly doubt it) in the design studio. Every league has its own house rules, as well as general (and often unspoken) rules every coach is expected to conform to.

Ranked Fumbblbowl (not at all a nice ring to it) frowns heavily upon any skills taken to assist in the hurting of players. Generally, players will conform to either playing nice hold each others hands bowl, or rebel by playing IwilldestroyanyteamIface Bowl. Players such as myself, who enjoy using many and various different methods while attempting to win without the hassle of listening to the blithering blood=losing, you're so mean idiots will inevitably move into some sort of unranked tournament setup much like your usual tabletop league.

Therefore before you ask the question I need advices for a growing Chaos team, there are numerous questions that need to be answered by yourself about what your personal goals are before a valid answer can be given.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's the bowl? I need to spit!

Jump to: